What's new

Oldtimer's Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
wasnt so much that...but loooong flowering period.my buddy simply gave up.on another down note,my outdoor OT1's were discovered and chopped by do-gooders

sorry to hear it bigbag, hopefully you saved a few clones for future grows. Best wishes.

four seasons

Veteran
Hey Dubi
I was wondering about my Old Timers Haze I put out in July.
I sexed it indoors, then cloned it and now my clone is going strong. Will it finish earlier since it was sexed and likely still has proper floral hormones likely to induce earlier flowering?
I was hoping to get her finished before Dec 1st.
Any thoughts on this.
The plant in the middle is The OT haze. The other is Gauwi on left and Arjans haze on right.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi
I was wondering about my Old Timers Haze I put out in July.
I sexed it indoors, then cloned it and now my clone is going strong. Will it finish earlier since it was sexed and likely still has proper floral hormones likely to induce earlier flowering?
I was hoping to get her finished before Dec 1st.
Any thoughts on this.
The plant in the middle is The OT haze. The other is Gauwi on left and Arjans haze on right.

Interesting question four seasons,

i think we need to know a few more details ...

When did you start her from seed indoors ? How did she sexed? under 12/12 photoperiod or under vegetative photoperiod?

four seasons

Veteran
I started three seeds in April under a 11\13 photo
They sexed in late May, 1 male and 2 fems
unfortunitly I could only pick 1 to work with because Im a variety nut, I like many varieties to fill my palat.
The earliest fem was selected and cloned and the two fem seedlings were given to a friend.
I put the clone out in early July.
It is still veging strong and shows no sign of prefloral development except for the preflowers it put out under the 400 HPS it was started under.

C

charlie garcia

Beautiful views and nices job

hard to know when they will start to flower. July maybe is too close to solsticie to bring them od and guess they are feeling such mess, if not flowering yet gues will take bit longer to start making flowers again, mid september or october

I like sometimes to force some sativas to start flowering indoors, once clearly making hairs, I like put them outdoors in middle august. Is best way here to advance and complete whole flowering cycles as my season finishes ending october maximum and not always that far. Here near mountains is much colder and season shorter than in other local areas

Nevertheless these bitches may surprise you sometimes but wont flower but stretch to veg above 14 hours (or less) of daylenght. If containing indica they would have kept flowering bit longer and still not showing revegging stages but OT Haze or "this old school sativa" is pure sativa indeed

Hope you let us know. Wish all can go fine and flower
best

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Seeing the pics i think she will finish around New Year. If she was started early in the spring, then she is mature enough to flower strongly with plenty of flowers, hope you enjoy the haze experience 4 seasons! ;)

bigbag

Veteran
side note;
my buddy who ran these indoors and gave up,chopped his pre-mature crop of wispy flowers and hung em 2 dry.well he forgot about em 4 about 6 wks...then decided 2 try a smoke from the loose,airy colas.needless 2 say he was shocked that these scraggle buds produced a high similar 2 a mild acid trip!i laughed and told him u cant judge a book by its cover!
never kept a clone...but do have a few beens 4 back up.funny how weed that looks like it was right out of the 70's,knocked your socks off.the mature stuff must be scary

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
re: side note

I once bought some neville's haze @ the red light Greenhouse. It had a warning "for experienced smokers only" - how could I refuse?
It was about the worst looking leafy stuff I'd ever seen - turned out to be the best haze I've tried! :smoke:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
side note;
my buddy who ran these indoors and gave up,chopped his pre-mature crop of wispy flowers and hung em 2 dry.well he forgot about em 4 about 6 wks...then decided 2 try a smoke from the loose,airy colas.needless 2 say he was shocked that these scraggle buds produced a high similar 2 a mild acid trip!i laughed and told him u cant judge a book by its cover!
never kept a clone...but do have a few beens 4 back up.funny how weed that looks like it was right out of the 70's,knocked your socks off.the mature stuff must be scary

Thanks for let us know bigbag, im glad to hear even the small inmature flowers had trippy nature, hope you can mature her till the end next time, i'd would love you experience it!

four seasons

Veteran
My OT haze is showing early floral expression again. I just tied it back. Its getting huge. I planted a GH Arjans Haze 1 and a Guawi too close to the OT HAZE clone thinking they would grow slower because I planted them in a shadier spot.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My OT haze is showing early floral expression again. I just tied it back. Its getting huge. I planted a GH Arjans Haze 1 and a Guawi too close to the OT HAZE clone thinking they would grow slower because I planted them in a shadier spot.

Im glad to hear it 4 season,

Yes, it's time for the oldtimer haze to start flowering at your latitude.
Sativa overgrown! :)

Nirrity

Greetings dubi!
Could you say are all of Ot Haze lines share this "trippy" acid-like nature? Some sativas has almost no uplifting energetic qualities but acts like truth agent during long paralyzing Trip, disclosing all hypocrisies of our personaities very sharply... like no weed at all.. no comfortable, no euphoric, just extremely deep psychedelic experience very unike to.. say Colombians energetic uplifting zippy "presence" in-moment highs...

gkn

hi nirrity, which sativas have this deep psychedelic effect that you describe?
the othazes phenos i got are very trippy and happy, i love these haze's effect, is unique.

saludos

Nirrity

hi nirrity, which sativas have this deep psychedelic effect that you describe?
the othazes phenos i got are very trippy and happy, i love these haze's effect, is unique.

saludos

For me it's Reeferman Phnom Penh (Thai/Haze X Cambodian), scary psychedelic weed, you become very sensitive so any unwanted input can result in a bad trip... But it's not happy or euphoric, just very sharp and deep psychedelic stone, so penetrating that I always think "where I am" "who I am" "what is It-this experience", you just lost starting point and it seems you'll never come back. True psychedelic pot, no comfortable and no entertainment at all... Very introvert effect, but being an introvert person I like extrovert high, like colombians, so I wonder how Ot Hazes compare to that, which group Ot Haze belongs to if say take the opposite hybrids Purple Haze female 3 x Green Haze male 6 for colombians and Green Haze female 18 x Green Haze male 6 for se asians...

bigbag

Veteran
ive been doin a IBL of Texada Timewarp x Cambodian,now @ F11.same type of high as u described,edgy,trippy ride.Haze tends 2 b a little happier,but racy nonetheless.the best happy highs 4 me come from old school Hawaiian sativas

Nirrity

Guys we went offtopic! Sorry for that dubi feel free to delet all my unrelated posts..
bigbag - where did you get cambodian? it seems it's her influence that made the high that core-trippy..

bigbag

Veteran
yes a bit off topic...sorry.
cambodian came from a vietnam veteran friend who brought em back.he grew seedplants every year,selecting the earliest/best.then i x'd it 2 the warp,then back 2 the cambodian.now inbredline,very dank