What's new

Oldtimer`s Haze (ACE seeds) 2x 600 HPS

rindindoo

Hi PandyFackler!
a little patience, I’ll try to complete the report today. the girl grew up as a monster, this is the true Godzila, and I'm like dad Carlo:biggrin:

Dr.King

Veteran
Impressive for sure Rindindoo. Not to many people have grown out OTH so props for sure on trying her out. You will indeed enjoy her as her quality is unlike anything I have ever smoked before. The cure is where it is at in my opinion.

I would say the best way to post more pictures would be to just go around to other threads and post your options/what you think on the subject. You can easily get to 50 posts within one day. I think we are all looking forward to seeing your progress on your OTH as you said she over 120+ days now. I know both of my OTH's took 24 weeks even dropping them down from 12/12 to 11/13 then down to 10/14. 10/14 was for the last 8 weeks as well. I think switching light cycles could have been done a lot sooner and she might have been done quicker then again the size would have been smaller? I yielded quite a bit off of one of my OTH's, 6 or so oz I believe under a 600 watt HPS such as you are running. Of could my LST was not nearly as spread out as yours so again props to you man :tiphat:. Happy growing and can't wait to see the results.

rindindoo

90 day 11\13 and the first day 10\14

90 day 11\13 and the first day 10\14

08.15. - 90 day 11\13 and the first day 10\14

put up a clone of a man. I cloned 4 men, but this guy is the shortest, neatest and symmetrical, was ready to release pollen before anyone else, so I decided that for the indoor version his genes are preferable

rindindoo

Thanks to comrades, I remembered about ICmag, and found Ace Seeds> Oldtimer's Haze.
previously i wrote that branches located in the shade or farther from the HPS spot bloomed earlier and stopped stretching. but somewhere there are such branches like this -

-they behave as if at the preflower, continue to stretch.
and here I read ICmag and find Herbalistic comment:
"BTW Luminous, do you flower your Haze plants right under your HPS? I know what Dubi said about the light intensity, but if this is the case you could maybe try to put them little aside from the HPS. This way those buds could maybe fatten up a little... I have had similar experiences with sativa/haze dominant hybrids, they just dont fill up properly if they are right under the HPS, but would need to put little aside if you want "filled nugs""
I think, that N in the form of compost was added a lot.

Dubi:
"Feeding tropical sativas like haze with excessive Nitrogen at the beginning of flowering would produce huge plants with lot of small branches, hard to light indoors.

N excess in early flowering also makes slower flowering reaction, not desirable when working with this kind of tropical genetics.

I'd recommend flower columnar haze clone with a few strong branches for at least 6-8 weeks under 11 light/ 13 darkness photoperiod, like raco is doing here (even smaller pot can also work too):

Haze will stretch moderately, maybe losing some color and leaf. After stop stretching and define budsites (aprox 6-8 weeks of flowering), then put haze clone to bigger pot with new soil mixed with good worm casting and guano in polm form. Worm casting provides slowly adequate amount of Nitrogen for rest of flowering and guano provides P+K.

After repot, Haze reacts recovering health and vigour, stretching a little but not too much, she now focus energy to form flowers and not in the structure. Then reduce flowering photoperiod to 10 light/14 darkness. Now Haze clone has lot of new nutrients from organic source, and a healthy soil with correct PH not saturated with salts to finish a correct flowering. Haze usually needs 12-14 weeks to form volimonous flowers and 4-6 weeks more for maturation"

the lower shoots look flowering normally

rindindoo

Welcome on board, rindindoo :)
Hi dubi!
First of all, I want to thank you and the entire ACE team for your work!
I’ll tell a little about the history of my acquaintance with Malawi. I bought 2 packs of Malawi with 6 seeds each. sprouted 6 seeds, and received 5 girls and one man! among which was the girl Purple Malawi!

but this is a completely different story, which I will describe in the corresponding topic. It’s a pity that a complete photo report will not work. during the growth of Malawi, martial law was introduced in our country and paranoia came to me and I deleted the pictures that I posted on a friendly forum.
It’s a pity that I didn’t guess before finding information about the cultivation of OT Haze, this would help to avoid many of the difficulties that I encountered. I dragged on the vegetation and gave extra compost, + the net for the scrog would not hurt ... but then the Queen of the Jungle would not have grown!
I do not have enough English to write everything that I think.
Thank you and good luck in breeding!

PS. we have a rainy day today so Purple Malawi is what I will smoke now!

rindindoo

Impressive for sure Rindindoo.
Hi!
I read the entire branch on OTH and made myself instructions. it was a mistake to start the grove without preparing the information. it wasn’t in my plans to light on the second 600 HPS. Now I already know how to stretch it, and cut it well. but next time I will try to grow it "compact", 60l. building pot.
I wonder when we talk about 24 weeks of bloom, from what moment? today it has 142 days of regime 11 \ 13, of which 60 days are preflower, but even after 60 days it continues to grow. As I wrote above, those shoots that are under the direct rays of HPS stretch almost until today. shoots of the upper tier at the stage (visually) 1 \ 3 flowering. the middle tier is most consistent with the timing of flowering,
the lower tier degrades and dies from a lack of light. and there are already a few of the first ripened seeds. I do not leave the thought that in my case there is a lot of N, so it’s possible to add days by 24 weeks. I tried to smoke leftovers after a cut. I liked the effect. later I will try to arrange it in verbal forms.

i speak google voice ha ha ha :tiphat:

Purple Malawi

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Very cool man. I'm into the whole Indica thing but it's neat seeing a legit Sativa grow. Keep us posted the whole way :)

G

growhigh1233

this is one of the main goals of this event. but how long does it take?
:tiphat:
anything upto 155 days 22 weeks .............and to be honest thats a sign that it is untainted .............a true tropical sativa.... without been mixed

a true thai

or south american will take a similar time ..hopefully you have a quicker pheno

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rindindoo,

Nice to see pictures of your indoor progresses with your Oldtimer's Haze.
Doing very good so far! :yes: It's normal with extreme tropical sativas that the lower buds flower faster while the upper colas keep growing (especially in early-mid flowering) and reflowering.

I woud also recommend you to take a look to the tips i gave here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8656453&postcount=1788

They will certainly help you to finish her with less trouble.
And be constant and patient, some of the best virtues of a sativa grower.

rindindoo

Dubi
Thanks for the advice. I am stuck with 50 posts, I need to solve this problem :)
I continue to keep a photo report, at the moment 155 days (90 days - 11 \ 13, 65 days - 10 \ 14), of which the first 60 days were stretched. the last 3 irrigations were with a micro dose of PK. it actively turns yellow and fall down the leaves

Maple_Flail

5 men and 1 girl of 6 seeds

:woohoo: Now that is the kind of spread I'd be hoping for

I woud also recommend you to take a look to the tips i gave here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8656453&postcount=1788

They will certainly help you to finish her with less trouble.
And be constant and patient, some of the best virtues of a sativa grower.

Would it be adverse to start flowering at 10/14 or lower? Use a slightly larger(wider) pot to manage the growth differnce from photo cycle?

rindindoo

hello man! I didn’t understand this comment and I don’t know what to write on it :)
Now that is the kind of spread I'd be hoping for
English is not my native language, I communicate with the help of Google translator.

I have not experimented with light modes with OT Haze yet. but I think if you start flowering from 10 \ 14 it will help to reduce the stretching time. and limit the root to a small pot.

Thank's man! I need to write 23 more posts to continue posting pictures. so that this is your contribution to the continuation of the report

Maple_Flail

hello man! I didn’t understand this comment and I don’t know what to write on it :)

English is not my native language, I communicate with the help of Google translator.

I have not experimented with light modes with OT Haze yet. but I think if you start flowering from 10 \ 14 it will help to reduce the stretching time. and limit the root to a small pot.

Thank's man! I need to write 23 more posts to continue posting pictures. so that this is your contribution to the continuation of the report

I'm not sure that most would say that. as Much as I love haze I won't always have the space or time to dedicate to them. It is the back bone of how I medicate. so OTH pollen is vastly more useful for me in terms of effctiveness of time.

however my perspective is, I'd prefer more males than females with the OTH. Of course with the caveat of atleast a Female to work. as Pollen is easier to store and use as needed vs flowering out a female OTH to pollinate indoors

In my neck of the woods Pure OTH won't finish outdoor.I doubt it would even start flowering before the frosts come. I'm not even sure the OTH X Malawi would finish here.

so multi faceted approach, OTH is so far into IBL status that i'm fairly sure there are few plants they produce that are not of atleast serviceable quality. You might not get the 'flavour" of OTH right away you are looking for But with a Male and a Female you can mix and match with itself or localized regional things to you to more suit your needs. Based on so many males it is logical to assume you got more than one pheno type of male, thus allowing you to potentially find your flavour of OTH

comes down to I've got work to do on a "fork" of OTH to make it more usable for me in my area without deviating to far from OTH

rindindoo

Maple_Flail
Thank you for such a detailed answer!
I cloned all 5 men. when I can continue reporting I will definitely show a photo of each man.
At first I wanted all 5 men to pollinate the only OT Haze, but by the time when 2 men had already started pollinating, the girl still had no stigma. one man got very late with a narrow and light green leaf, the highest. another man was the most beautiful, short stature, symmetrical with a dark leaf, the stem is hollow. In general, OT Haze's mother was pollinated by this man.
at the moment, the seeds are almost ripe. but when I’m ready to proceed to the next stage of selection by phenotypes I don’t know. I have not everything going so smoothly, there was an excess of nitrogen, the flowering was delayed, and maybe this is normal for OT Haze, but the upper tier looks like if it blooms for at least 2 more months.
after I need to run a cycle and stock up with ganja, then you can start the next OT Haze cycle.
my climate does not allow cultivation in the open air, so I would really like to make a hybrid suitable for indoor cultivation.
I already smoked OT Haze trim and the main feature of the effect is that it cheers up. I smoked the Atomical Haze (Paradise Seeds) hybrid, it is an extremely strong ganja, but my mood spoils from it. I run a little and lose my strength and a brutal appetite comes. This is not for me. I would like to convey this feature of the OT Haze effect to my hybrid for indoor.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rindindoo,

Considering Oldtimer's Haze is an extreme long flowering tropical sativa, it's normal that Oldtimer's Haze females have a delayed flowering onset when they are flowered from seed, pure Haze females react much faster to flowering from clones, clones are also much easier to keep under control indoors.

Hopefully you reach soon the 50 posts (not sure if you can post external links to pics) so we can continue enjoying with the progresses of her flowering since she was just starting to flower in your last update with pics.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Maple_Flail,

Sounds like indoor breeding with Oldtimer's Haze is the only possible scenario in your climate. I understand your approach regarding using Oldtimer's Haze males for breeding instead of females for practical reasons. With sexually mature pure Hazes males from clones, you can pollinate other females with them after approx 2 months of flowering in a controlled indoor environment.
On the other hand, to pollinate pure Haze females to harvest well produced seeds can take up to 4 months of flowering (especially if the females are heavily and late pollinated).

I prefer to use pure Haze females to produce F1 Haze hybrids, indeed all our Oldtimer's Haze F1 hybrids (Haze x Kali China, Panama Haze, Purple Haze x Malawi, Honduras Hazes, etc ....) are bred with pure Haze females. As other growers and breeders with deep experience with pure Haze lines have correctly pointed out previously, the ratio of superior quality pure Haze parental plants is low (approx 10 %) within pure Hazes lines, so it's very important to make sure you are choosing the best quality possible Haze individuals to breed with. I know it takes huge resources to select extreme tropical sativas of this kind in bigger numbers, but once you find that superior Green Haze and Purple Haze females and you have produced with success different F1 hybrids with them, then you will be in tropical sativa breeding paradise and you will do your best to never let them go.

rindindoo

You will indeed enjoy her as her quality is unlike anything I have ever smoked before. The cure is where it is at in my opinion

Hi!
it seemed to me that I grow Green Haze. the last 2 weeks the night temperature is 16C, but it has not changed in color.
I have already begun to get acquainted with the effect of OT Hayes (I smoke the lower tiers, they ripened earlier). the first thing that I noticed when I smoked was a good mood. I know that to unlock the potential of Sativa, cure is needed. but now the force of influence is at the level with treated cones from the existing collection. later, when treated, I will try to more colorfully describe all the facets of the effect.
You wrote that this is a medicinal herb. Could you describe in more detail the therapeutic properties of OT Hayes? for example, if you smoke daily, can there be side effects on the heart? How does it affect sleep and general nervous system excitability?
:tiphat: