What's new

OldOne's 4th cab run - PPK/PLL and a mystery clone

oldone

Greetings All,

I happened upon a "...its a Kush for sure, just dont know what kind of Kush..." clone and as I got it from a completely trustworthy source I'll give it a shot. Luckily I was a day or two from cracking beans.

Anyway here she is:

Today I transplanted her from soil to coco:

Into an impromptu PPK scrounged from bits...

She's being fed Jacks @ .6ish EC and I haven't measure the ph yet.

Welcome home...

I got a new wifi cam, it even has its own webserver.

Its good to be back,
OO

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
too cool! really, this is the cannabis growers bonsai. now you've got me wanting to start a little box on my desk and see how much bud i can get out of it.

OldOne's School of Long Term Plant Torture is now in session!

d9

oldone

too cool! really, this is the cannabis growers bonsai. now you've got me wanting to start a little box on my desk and see how much bud i can get out of it.

OldOne's School of Long Term Plant Torture is now in session!

d9
Domo arigato Delta-san...(accompanied by a deep bow)

She's looking a bit sad at the moment. She was in dirt but I tried to clean most of it off and then transplanted into coco.

How long do you think the shock will last?

OO

Dysnomia

Count me in for the ride!
I just went through all of your 3rd grow and currently going through the second run, and I must say super impressive stuff. 126 days of flowering? Patience of a monk. I bet she smoked heavenly as well. Surely this round will be much shorter though?

It's funny, I'm just now discovering about the PPK method. I've seen the thread in the hydro forums all the time but never dared look into it because I never grew in hydro and thought it was a warning against a certain product (piping etc) that gives off toxic compounds and passively kills the plant. :laughing:

So thanks for 'opening my eyes' and good luck with the grow!

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

oldone

Count me in for the ride!
I just went through all of your 3rd grow and currently going through the second run, and I must say super impressive stuff. 126 days of flowering? Patience of a monk. I bet she smoked heavenly as well. Surely this round will be much shorter though?

It's funny, I'm just now discovering about the PPK method. I've seen the thread in the hydro forums all the time but never dared look into it because I never grew in hydro and thought it was a warning against a certain product (piping etc) that gives off toxic compounds and passively kills the plant. :laughing:

So thanks for 'opening my eyes' and good luck with the grow!

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:
Yes, patience is Rule #0, see my sig.

I know what you must be thinking....how can it be this simple? I asked that question myself but seeing is believing. You should give this method a try yourself.

Thanks for your kind words,
OO

oldone

I ain't back in the saddle.
Well you should be dammit!

More pics?

Well I royally fucked up yesterday by taking the PPK out of the veg chamber and then stumbling and I dropped her. She came completely out of the top container, damaging the new roots. I had to whip up a new batch of coco and re-plant her.

She doesn't look very happy today,
OO

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Volcano is a brand of vaporizer... It fills up bags with herbal vapor. The bags have a valve on them so you can tote them around inhaling the vapor at your discretion.

DocCrow

Will this work out?

Will this work out?

OO Ok I have been throwing this PPK idea around, and am trying to figure out how to incorporate it into a Micro SOG Cab. How do you think this will work out? The dimensions are scaled to fit in my cab. The brown cups are ~1liter 4"diax5"tall to fill with coco, and the media wicks are 2"dia and 9"long in a 10"deep res. there would be a bulk res separate, and a float inside this one to control water levels. The idea is the brown cups each hold a lollypoped plant and can be removed individually to allow for staggered harvests. Do I need the res that deep? Could I get away with a 7"deep res and 4" of water in it? I will be growing 12/12 from clone, straight from pearlite to the coco in the ppk. I would prefer this if it would work, as I can keep a 4-6 mothers so I can variety, as it is the spice of life.

oldone

OO Ok I have been throwing this PPK idea around, and am trying to figure out how to incorporate it into a Micro SOG Cab. How do you think this will work out? The dimensions are scaled to fit in my cab. The brown cups are ~1liter 4"diax5"tall to fill with coco, and the media wicks are 2"dia and 9"long in a 10"deep res. there would be a bulk res separate, and a float inside this one to control water levels. The idea is the brown cups each hold a lollypoped plant and can be removed individually to allow for staggered harvests. Do I need the res that deep? Could I get away with a 7"deep res and 4" of water in it? I will be growing 12/12 from clone, straight from pearlite to the coco in the ppk. I would prefer this if it would work, as I can keep a 4-6 mothers so I can variety, as it is the spice of life.
View Image
Hi DocCrow, thats a lot of questions, some of which I can answer.

A Micro SOG cab is exactly what I run. My flower chamber bare is:
32h x 27w x 23.25d 4.3 sft and the usable "growing space" is:
15h x 27w x 23d 4.3 sft. That 15" high space is no accedent. 15" is about the max penetration depth of my PLL lights. ref pic:

Using 2" for lights that leaves 15" for the PPK and its a squeeze. My PPK uses a 8"deep top bucket(coco) with a 7" high rez. The tail piece is roughly 1.5" dia and sits within .5 of the rez floor. Last time I looked the rez was about 4" deep leaving an airgap of 3".

You propose to use a 5" deep top container and I dont know if thats deep enough. You have to be concerned with the Perched Water Table (PWT). Do you know what this is? I be glad to explain but am lazy enough to ask first. You control the PWT by growth medium depth and air gap.

As for loli-popping a PPK I dont know if its been done before but I'd sure like to see it. My problem is that I can run only 1 plant at a time because they grow so fast. I'd like some variety too. Maybe a lolipop may get too big.

Another concept is that it doesnt matter if the PPK rez is 1" or 100" deep the effect is the same.

Looking forward to this discussion,
OO

Latest posts

Latest posts