What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Timer's Haze in Buenos Aires

Kayaman

Veteran
Great genetics gkn!! :yes:
I just checked this thread, wonderful JOb.
I also left my OtHaze x Angola Red x Banghi until mid may and it got those lovely purple tones as well.

Enjoy your harvest man!
:smoker:

C

charlie garcia

hope is great smoke Kayaman. Its funny to see how purple oti haze performs with these colourfull traits, spectacular colours. Hope the smoke is the best which is the most important thing.
best

gkn

muchas gracias demian!

elkslayer, since you're coming soon, you think you could bring some trainwreck x ogkush seeds? i've grown the trainwreck s1 from hillbilly seeds and loved it, would like to grow any trainwreck i can come across (except of gh's of course), and the ogkush also is very interesting since i've seen some awesome pics of it, incredible resin ammounts similar to tw. so do you have some seeds? i can give you some nice sativa hybrids if you like.

Thanks kayaman! i saw your othaze x angola/bangi and it also reminded me of these hazes, beautifull vecino! I'm enjoying the harvest indeed... I also saw you're reproducing Angola/bangi, hope it turns out right!

Charlie, the smoke is the best indeed! Right now is what i mostly smoke all the time. If i smoke other varietys a few days i start to miss the haze effect, its a bit addictive to me ;) I'm smoking about 5 ot haze joints a day from breakfast to bed...
They are quite slow burning and have to be lit many times in a joint, as happened with some old paraguayan i've grown before. The purple is slower burning than the green haze, wich might not turn off at all.
As i smoke this ammount and still get pretty high on it, even sometimes have little open eye visuals, i imagine how trippy it must be if you're not smoking at all. I have to stop a few days to try and see what happens...

saludos!

C

charlie garcia

is good to know, thx GKN, often we cannot get all feedback to know exactly people satisfaction or not. Guess some friends can be very polite not telling jajaja But believe us your feedback if satisfaction is our fuel to keep on going through these strange and unusual roads. So you happy, we happy, thx :D

gkn

thanks to you! it was really and adventure growin these hazes you know charlie. And i did because i read a post from you at cc where you said they were worth growing at least one time in the life, so a friend who was gonna buy seeds asked me what i'd buy, and i said OT Haze from ACE. He bought it and splitted the pack with me.
I sprouted them normally in october, and they grew a pale green thin pure sativa wich reminded me of the Paraguay '89 i had grown before.
Then i had reserved the best spots in my garden for them, but they wouldn't show sex, so i had to transplant them unsexed. Then they showed some calyxes, but with no pistils. It wasn't until late april, when most of the other strains were already harvested, that the Old Timer's Hazes showed the first pistils (at 7 month age!), and then started slowly flowering on, for about four months. Until that i was really worried because the crop seemd too small, the jars were half empty because i let the main spots to three pure sativas that were only begining to show pistils! So i was a little scared about my stock of flowers for the year, but patiently the hazes started to show me why i had chosen to grow them, and four months after that normal harverst point they gave me some of the most amazing flowers i've grown.
So it's been quite an adventure with them, fun, instructive, and wich turned out great because the jars were finally filled and now after another four months of curing, they're awesome smoke!! My friends love the haze high, and so do i.
It takes a lot of patience to grow this pure sativas but they have something special to them...
saludos y gracias nuevamente

pebble

Veteran
:respect: Gkn, jah bless yu and yurs hermano

pd: Beautifull Dogo Argentino Braindead, i had one long time ago, he is in mi heart itinually, love him (i will have another one in the future) his name was Ron (Rum) RIP breda

gkn

thanks friends!

this new season i'm growing some of the haze hybrids i made last season, as long as some other things, and the othaze clones.

i'll start a thread on the new season grow but i don't know in wich forum start it, i think i'll do it in the spanish room because is more apropiate, since i'm not growing many ACE or CBG strains besides Old Timer's Haze and Destroyer.

saludos!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
thanks to you! it was really and adventure growin these hazes you know charlie. And i did because i read a post from you at cc where you said they were worth growing at least one time in the life, so a friend who was gonna buy seeds asked me what i'd buy, and i said OT Haze from ACE. He bought it and splitted the pack with me.
I sprouted them normally in october, and they grew a pale green thin pure sativa wich reminded me of the Paraguay '89 i had grown before.
Then i had reserved the best spots in my garden for them, but they wouldn't show sex, so i had to transplant them unsexed. Then they showed some calyxes, but with no pistils. It wasn't until late april, when most of the other strains were already harvested, that the Old Timer's Hazes showed the first pistils (at 7 month age!), and then started slowly flowering on, for about four months. Until that i was really worried because the crop seemd too small, the jars were half empty because i let the main spots to three pure sativas that were only begining to show pistils! So i was a little scared about my stock of flowers for the year, but patiently the hazes started to show me why i had chosen to grow them, and four months after that normal harverst point they gave me some of the most amazing flowers i've grown.
So it's been quite an adventure with them, fun, instructive, and wich turned out great because the jars were finally filled and now after another four months of curing, they're awesome smoke!! My friends love the haze high, and so do i.
It takes a lot of patience to grow this pure sativas but they have something special to them...
saludos y gracias nuevamente

Thanks for share your experience with the your oldtimers haze grow.
Its a true adventure for tropical sativa lovers, taste and high is not something you can find nowadays in commercial strains, its a real trip to old school sativas.

I have heard very good things about the paraguayan sativas from the 80s, its a pitty the paraguayan quality is not so consistent now but a close friend from uruguay commented that if you have good contacts there are nice brick lots to find.

Hope you are enjoying there!

gkn

thanks dubi!! so funny you mentioned that, right now im smoking a joint of the OTH #3 mixed up with some 'cera paraguaya' wich is charas brought from paraguay, off the cultivator's hands. It's quite nice quality, and pretty cheap.

after this sativa experiences there's no going back to 'dutch'..altough i never grew dutch strains besides Ak47, and hasn't been a keeper.

i'm sure there are still good paraguayan bricks, if you have the right contact as you say... but i'm not sure if pure old school paraguayan genes can still be found in seeds coming in those bricks. i'll have to plant a few and see what happens.
i've grown paraguay '89 from friend atreyu, and also grew a paraguayan 2002, wich still was pure but a bit different from the '89 i think.
Then i didn't grew paraguayan anymore but saw many people's grows from modern bricks (2004 and on) and there were definetly indica genes in most of them, because the paraguay '89 and the paraguay '02 took three months of flowering, and none of the newer does beyond two and half ; though i've seen some awesome plants from new paraguayan brick seed... i have some paraguay 2002 seeds left but they didnt germ, also have some '05, and '08 to try...
maybe next year i'll make a spot for them.

saludos!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
thanks dubi!! so funny you mentioned that, right now im smoking a joint of the OTH #3 mixed up with some 'cera paraguaya' wich is charas brought from paraguay, off the cultivator's hands. It's quite nice quality, and pretty cheap.

after this sativa experiences there's no going back to 'dutch'..altough i never grew dutch strains besides Ak47, and hasn't been a keeper.

i'm sure there are still good paraguayan bricks, if you have the right contact as you say... but i'm not sure if pure old school paraguayan genes can still be found in seeds coming in those bricks. i'll have to plant a few and see what happens.
i've grown paraguay '89 from friend atreyu, and also grew a paraguayan 2002, wich still was pure but a bit different from the '89 i think.
Then i didn't grew paraguayan anymore but saw many people's grows from modern bricks (2004 and on) and there were definetly indica genes in most of them, because the paraguay '89 and the paraguay '02 took three months of flowering, and none of the newer does beyond two and half ; though i've seen some awesome plants from new paraguayan brick seed... i have some paraguay 2002 seeds left but they didnt germ, also have some '05, and '08 to try...
maybe next year i'll make a spot for them.

saludos!

Funny gkn you commented about paraguayan cera. My friend from uruguay told me it is of the highest quality but very rare to find even if you have very good contacts! Hope you are enjoying it there, the hash mix with oldtimers haze must be a fantastic smoke.

As you said, most south american commercial weed has been crossed to dutch and indica genetics in the past years, its a sad thing you can not find easily crazy long flowering genes.

gkn

cera paraguaya

cera paraguaya

I agree completely dubi!

here some pics of the paraguayan 'cera' (wax in english), and a nice old timer's haze bud

Attachments

• cerita1.jpg
    cerita1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 25
  • cerita2.jpg
    cerita2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 24

gkn

thanks moonchild!
you should buy othaze if you have the money and the patience to experience it. specially if you grow outdoors and/or plan to make your own seeds. it would be a time-trip experience like the ace catalogue says. you don't see this kind of weed anymore these days...

saludos!

.moonchild

thanks moonchild!
you should buy othaze if you have the money and the patience to experience it. specially if you grow outdoors and/or plan to make your own seeds. it would be a time-trip experience like the ace catalogue says. you don't see this kind of weed anymore these days...

saludos!

Yea I am definitely planning on making my own seeds if I pick up some OT haze seeds, but I'm not an outdoor grower.

I am growing some silver haze indoors right now.

I am really tempted to try an OT haze SCROG or some kind of trained shrub next round.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Beautiful OTH

Beautiful OTH

GKN,

Beautiful Old Timers Haze shots. I'm hoping a pack will be safely on the way in my direction soon. Thanks for sharing!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

gkn

your welcome friends, and thanks to you for passing by and comment!

here are some pics of the OT Haze clones i made last year

OTH_0013.jpg

OTH2_0070.jpg

And here some of the hybrids i made with them. I pollinated the OTH girls with polen from an old Destroyer line wich is already adapted to my climate and starts flowering very early here. The descendence have the same carachteristic wich is great because the OTH took so long to even show sex.
here some pics of the DestroHaze, i have two and both look and smell very alike.

othdestro2_0088.jpg

othdestro2_0089-1.jpg

oth-destro2_0078.jpg

oth-destro1_0047.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts