What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Seeds, New Strains. High and Hazy in the Low Desert. Come on Son, grow some weed.

paper thorn

Veteran
clones and cats

clones and cats

now time to clean out and sort the veg room. I'm flipping soon as the last clone roots. gotta move the vegging ones out of the flower room

I almost built a small veg room in the bloom room, decided that sucked and made the bloom to cramped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cats

paper thorn

Veteran
soon flip

soon flip

some of the clones in cups

Second Table filled up.

Time to scuff up some seeds
I intend on popping every one of my seeds from 08 this year.
I'll post up a strain list of my seeds soon.

paper thorn

Veteran
Planting some Cinnamon Haze x MoD and some Cinnamon Haze DreamGoddess

MoD = Mist of Destruction (kali mist x destroyer from mod)
Dream Goddess = Dreamweaver x Godbud

Scuffed seeds

paper thorn

Veteran
pipe rock

pipe rock

Badass heavy rock full of iron pyrite

One I shaped, but no drill bits, so no holes lol.

I like the brownish/purplish rocks, they are going to make nice pipes. very few fractures too.

Nice big piece of Fire Agate I found down the street in a wash.

This rock is layered white and green. It is Serpentine layered in limestone and metamorphosed with heat and pressure into this. The crystals are just melted into the layers, looks like Irish Spring soap.

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
These are old empty seed packets

I have all the moms in flower here, clones are vegging

More clones have to get on track for normal production and some moms did not get cloned or it died or whatever

paper thorn

Veteran

lots of seeds planted.

I've been experimenting with methods to revive old seeds.

The germ rate is terrible. Even though i can break one that is just not popping and see a nice seemingly alive baby in there, they won't pop, or do but don't break all the way open and let the plant get going.

So I've been giving them a soak in water with a little peoxide in it to clean the seed so hopefully it will slow down mold.

Then I've used oxygenated water with some thrive alive and sugar in it with the airstone in the water with the seeds pressurizing the moisture into the seeds shell.

I've stopped having then pressure thing going, and now just use oxygenated water with sugar and thrive alive to soak overnight in after a 15 minute to 45 minute soak in the peroxide.

OH yeah, I give them a good scuffing first.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Let me see... ???
tough luck with the AC. household? how long does it stay off?
get battery backup, window shaker idea is good with the battery backup..

nice rocks! really. from the desert?
you mentioned your pets in the first post, thought the dove was one of them, first animal you posted.:biggrin:

tough stuff with the dog, GL. maybe a little RSO? OTOH, I have two cats that look very much like yours.. silly little bitches, Siberian Mountain Cats...

nice rocks.

you don't give up, I like that..
and you do have a cuple bucks in 'stuff' and related labor to accomplish all that, nice work..

BBCheese was the best I've ever grown and in the top 3 for potency, yield #1.. regs.. if they still did regs I'd go back.

and mentioning seeds, nice catalog you have there..
LEDs, I'm going to retry the one I have. any good LED info I should have??/

Last thing.. you really go at it, wish I had the room an lived ina legal state, although don't think I'd get a card anyway.. at least I could talk face to face with others with out worrying its LEO or will get back to them.. I'll be in the low desert for xmas, buy you a ... whatever.. good thread.. tks.:tiphat:

paper thorn

Veteran
Hey Snook, thanks :tiphat: I can't give up. I have a goal.

Seriously though, I about cried when it all went south. I knew it would be a 6 month climb back. But the room is rocking. I'll get the posts up to date within the next week. A lot is going on.

The AC... That thing. I had an 8000 btu window unit stuck through the wall blowing on the buckets, had a tunnel built around the buckets keeping the cold around the buckets. It had been off for a full day when i saw it. It was 120 degrees that day. i reached down and touched the ON button, it was stuck ON, but the unit was off. It came on the second I touched the button. that pissed me off too.

The rest of the room needed that extra cooling and between the ac and thrips, they go crazy in the heat, the whole thing was over.

Right now I have a 8000 btu portable in the flower room, soon I'll give it back to its owner and flip on the 12,000 btu ac in the wall. Be better then.

The veg is hot during the day, cause we're still around 100 degrees, but at night when the lights are on the cooler night air cools thing down.

After Halloween it always cools off, so I'll be good next week.

I appreciate the comments on the rocks. I can find great rocks just on a casual walk almost anywhere in the desert. Washes are good, I found a nice big chunk of fire agate in a wash down the road. Not supposed to be any around here, well not in 50 miles, but there is. The piece i found is not gem quality but a nice specimen though.

A NYCD x MoD cross scuffed, soaked in a peroxide solution for 45 minutes, soaked in a light nute/thrive alive, oxygenated water overnight.

remember Mod? he made a cross of Kali Mist and Destroyer, called it Mist of Destruction or MoD. I crossed that with a New York City Diesel f2 I got from annaC.

Loudest smelling strain I ever had was a NYCD from those f2s from annaC Open thejar and the whole house stunk instantly. wicked.

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
popped more seeds. I have to go through and write them all down, take them off my seed inventory.

Veg looking good.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love the pets there though the dog situation is kinda sad. How do you oxygenate water? I am gonna pop some seeds and will use the thrive stuff with some molasses in the soak.

paper thorn

Veteran
i just put an airstone in a jug of water and let them run a while. one method has the air tube going through the cap on the bottle and running while the seeds are in it , oxygen and pressure, I think i posted a pic, or i need to.
but later, off to work now