What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School with modern Tech Growroom

picture.php
picture.php

cyat

Veteran
Sounds like a great yield with your Rosin press! I would love to get one . The price isn’t too bad either

Sounds like a great yield with your Rosin press! I would love to get one . The price isn’t too bad either

DO IT, BUY A PRESS ! :headbange

It wasn't that long ago that I had no idea Rosin even existed and now I couldn't imagine living without my press. For quite a few years now BHO has been my first choice for personal consumption, I was finding I was having too much allergy symptoms when I was smoking weed that I didn't seem to get when when dabbing, plus I found the high from dabbing to be stronger,cleaner and less hazy. BHO was a great product for many years and locally here nobody I knew had any rosin and when I first heard about Rosin I asked my local grow store about it and he said he only tried it a couple of times and it was terrible and tasted like sulphur, he's a solid guy so I believed him and still do today he must have sampled from a bad batch or two. So regardless of what I heard I decided to purchase a Rosin press anyways, I spent about 2 weeks researching and settled on the Dabpress 10 ton with the remote pump.. great unit, not perfect but extremely good... I press 14 grams at a time and its spot on.. I do see some pressure leak sometimes and I have yet to contact them to enquire of a fix, so no fault their way ...still works fine for me I just have to top up the pressure ...

Anyways long story short was that for me the very first time I took a proper dab of my home pressed rosin it was a life changing experience, no joke.. I was nearly in tears, I had no idea something so simple could produce something so good.. You see many many years ago I paid a pretty dear price for playing with butane and ended up with some nasty burns to my hands and wrists..could have burnt my house down in the process as well so it thoroughly scared the shit out of me . Just a small handheld honey bee, not any sort of big operation..just a couple of blasts to make enough medicine for the week.. I normally would do one can at a time onto a plate, letting it fully evaporate before starting onto the next can... however this night was a mess up and i got very sloppy, no fan, I was running late and wanted to watch the Hockey game so I got greedy and blasted 2 cans too close together and allowed some excessive butane to build up ...no source of ignition other then suspected static ...shit went down in my left hand and all over the plate...honey bee full of pressure and on fire ! anyways long story short I was able to get the fire out but had to deal with nasty second degree burns to parts of my left hand and thumb .and bad burns to my right, but nothing like my left . So yeah when I learned that Rosin existed it was really life changing for me... I suffer from chronic gut issues and I find Cannabis concentrates and edibles are the only option for me.. trying to use any sort of opioid for the pain just causes massive constipation which ends up making the problems 100 time worse .

Rosin is super tasty,much more tasty than BHO and the high is stronger than any of the BHO I was able to make myself..so its a win win... faster, safer and a much better product...if all you had was crappy shake and trim rosin may not be as efficient as as a solvent but if your using quality material the rosin press more then holds its own as far as production...

And you know the best part of rosin is that each plant has its own unique flavor, some plants may taste and smell great for smoking and produce god awful barely consumable rosin ( Cookies and Cream CBD/THC from Seedsman ) ridiculously nice bud to smell and smoke but tasted like chemicals and solvent and pinesol in a da, it was so bad it would make you gag... And I have had a plant that was mediocre to smell and smoke end up making wicked rosin that tasted like orange marmalade, the fruit flavors were so over the top it was mind blowing ... I have a SBG( Strawberry, Banana,Grape) from seedsman that produces this ridiculously tasty rosin, the flavor is like some sort of exotic pink grapefruit cocktail, the taste is so clear and pure that if I didn't produce it myself I might suspect it had some sort of artificial fruit flavor added. You have one dab and as soon as your lungs clear you want to have another, the taste is just that mouth watering good.. of course you have to be mindful of the potency and it's very easy to bang off 3 dabs before you feel the effects of the first and that rosin isn't something to mess with with if you don't have a decent tolerance to THC.

I have this vision of having a collection of different rosins in a small display rack, 150 of those small little 25ml jars, each filled with a different unique rosin..have my friends over and get them blasted on different rosins.. . but between my wife, myself and our friends we pretty much consume everything I produce with no leftovers LOL ! so zero chance of building any sort of collection but the idea is cool... even a great Christmas gift to my toker friends... a little spice box with a small collection of 5ml jars of rosin.

Well I guess it was a long story afterall LOL... but get a rosin press, get a good rig and learn how to use it, you wont look back...

Latest posts

Latest posts