What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School with modern Tech Growroom

Hello folks, I hope your all doing well under this Corona Virus scare, looks like my company is shutting down soon so I'll have a bit of extra time on my hands. Anyways I figured I would post up a quick little bit on my latest Growroom ( All Legal ) .. 38 plants, 23 unique Phenotypes.. 19 days into 12/12 at time of photos.. my room lit by 12 SolSheet X LED Panels, all controlled by a Iponic 624, top feed dripper in Coco...straight GH 3 part with added Calmag and every now and then Calcnit if needed. Room is heated to 82F cooled at 86F, C02 at 900 PPM, food at EC 2.0 PH 5.5-5.9 . Area of coverage is 6'9" by 14'

Attachments

• Jungle5.jpg
    Jungle5.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
  • jungle2.jpg
    jungle2.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Jungle6.jpg
    Jungle6.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Jungle8.jpg
    Jungle8.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Jungle3.jpg
    Jungle3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 24
follow up pictures.. the plant I separated out is a Monster Profit from HeavyWeight Seeds

Attachments

• Jungle7.jpg
    Jungle7.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Jungle4.jpg
    Jungle4.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Jungle 1.jpg
    Jungle 1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 23
Ak47

Ak47

Here is my oldest Queen, I have had the genetic from clone since 1992..its a old school hash plant... hard to grow, massive producer if you hit it right, most potent hard hitting weed I have ever smoked..has a nice hashy, earthy flavor with a hint of Hazlenut , low odour.. tends to do all of its filling out in weeks 6-8 .

Attachments

• IMG_5478.jpg
    IMG_5478.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 23
This is my AAA Purple Royale.. very high terp plant, super strong grape/berry flavor...very nice purple flowers that color up similar to a pomegranate. So what I am doing here is staking and and tieing the plant.. I insert a stake at each corner, a small dab of hot glue at each corner then I wrap pruning wire around the stakes like the ropes on a boxing ring, I also use a dab of hot glue at each corner to hold things in place... This way of staking workings great, it keeps the plants under control and allows me to fit more in a smaller space .. the plant is 28 days into 12/12 at the time of the picture

Attachments

• IMG 5990
    IMG 5990
    47.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5469.jpg
    IMG_5469.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5470.jpg
    IMG_5470.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 23
Silly me forgot to attach my pictures in my last post

Attachments

• IMG_5477.jpg
    IMG_5477.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 21
  • ANWI1048.jpg
    ANWI1048.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5458.jpg
    IMG_5458.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5462.jpg
    IMG_5462.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 22
I use a Iponic 624 to control my rool, i also use it for my irrigation timer which allows me some really nice customization that I can adjust online thru my desktop or phone .. Here is my current settings.

Attachments

• IMG_5486.jpg
    IMG_5486.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 25
So a little more info about slick the irrigation cycle options using the Iponic 624, hopefully the moderators can fix my picture alignment as its hard to explain properly when the picture is sideways

So my light cycle is from 18:00 to 06:00 ( 6PM-6AM)

my watering cycle is

one time daily occurrence at 18:00 of 2:00 minutes on ( I like to give a bigger drink right when the lights go on)

then I run

18 seconds on /one hour off... starting at 18:00 and ending at 03:00..I like to turn the water off a few hours before lights off so the plants don't go to bed overly wet. I currently am running 38 plants with 23 different phenotypes so it's hard to dial in perfectly, but if i was running for production with a single phenotype I would dial it in so all the plants were going to bed relatively dry and light weight . Right now I have a hell of a spread where I have some plants going to bed too wet and some just right as most of my current crop are first time runs with a new seed phenotypes so its near impossible to get it perfect .

My current genetics

AK47 ..old school hash plant I have been cycling since 1992, we named it AK47 based off the descriptions we read of AK47 online. Great bud, super potent, massive rosin/BHO yields but hard to grow and nearly impossible to clone.. massive producer if you hit it right, if your to make a good crop with this one you need to be perfect from start to finish..

Purple Queen Feminized.. a nice purple Kush from Purple Queen seeds, I have finished a single phenotype and have a few more seeds in this run. Good so far but I am still looking for the keeper.

AAA Purple Royale.. my good buddy visited Amsterdam and bought some seeds, ordered some seeds online and over the years did some breeding and he ended up with this gem of a plant.. early finish, purple color, high terpene quantity, strong grape berry taste.. massive bag appeal .. doesn't make the best rosin tho it seems there is too much terpene and it results in a runny rosin, but other then that this is one of the best tasting herbs I have tried.

Gorilla Candy -- Eva Seeds..a mix between Gorilla Glue 4 and Papa's candy... I finished 3 seeds so far, great herb but extreme variations in the phenotypes and I am still searching for the one to keep. Bud is super frosty and has a nice lemon citrus scent.

SBG ( Strawberry,Banana,Grape)-- Seedsman Seeds. I have finished 2 phenotypes both are quite good but my SBG1 was out of this world with flavor, made the best tasting rosin I have ever tried.. sweet grapefruit flavor, strong high very good production..plant likes to stretch so care must be taken to make sure the branches are supported. I have a few more in my next run so we will see what comes.. I would aim for the bug quality of SBG1 but on a more compact frame... SBG1 was close, had the right frame but the but lacked the same quantity and quality of flavor as SBG1.

C99-Guava hash -- A mix I picked up thru another forum, has Bodhi genetics in one of the parents..I finished a single female, super strong hash bud made great rosin, I smoked thru it so fast I forget what it tasted like .. I have a few more seeds of this cross in my next run so we will see how it finishes..

C99-Doc Holliday-- a mix I got from the same forum as the C99-Guava Hash..I have not finished any so far, once current phenotype is short, stocky and super skunky with a big fat donk, kind of smells like old school Black Domina..

Monster Profit. Heavyweights seeds.. a great mix, good producer, early finisher.. strong bud my buddies like, has that cat pee taste that isn't for me..

I am a legal medical grower, I press the bulk of my crop into Rosin with a little left for edibles, I still smoke some flower of course but I just find Rosin to be much tastier with a cleaner effect. Here is my DabPress 10 ton doing some work in the shop.. I used to be into BHO but once I tried proper Rosin there just wasn't any going back. I have seen as high as 30% return but find the average to be between 20-25%, I press 1/2 oz at a time and I see roughly 3-4 grams of rosin back on that , I do not second press but instead use the leftover pucks to make kickass edibles

So when I grow I growing to find plants that make good rosin, not only in flavor and potency but also texture and consistency. So far to date my all time favorite plant for Rosin is my SBG1 ( Strawberry, Banana,Grape by Seedsman Seeds ) the fruity flavor and scent is so over the top you would swear someone added artificial terps to it . This phenotype grows like a sativa, long and lanky with thin finger leaves but with more of a dense indica bud. super nice frosty nuggets with a sweet citrus smell. When its dabbed you get the flavor of a sweet pink grapefruit juice and it's absolutely delightful .I have only grown one from seed so it will be nice to see it a second time around. Going forward I think I have 3 or 4 more of the SBG seeds in my next crop so I am pretty excited to see what they bring to the table. Its crazy but i am rediscovering cannabis thru pressing rosin and enjoying it thoroughly . I have been a hobby grower for nearly 3 decades and figured I had seen and done it all when it came to consuming cannabis then rosin came around and totally changed the paradigm for me once again. Do any of you here press rosin from bud ?

Attachments

• OWYG8658.jpg
    OWYG8658.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 20
38 days into flower

38 days into flower

we are 38 days into flower and some real champions are showing thru, the C99 X Doc Holiday genetic is looking super good, short fat frosty plants with some danky grape smells..

Attachments

• Doc Holiday C99 mix .jpg
    Doc Holiday C99 mix .jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 24
second batch of photos

second batch of photos

The Purple Queen #4 is looking like it's going to be a monster producer , have to see how it finishes up

Attachments

• purple queen 4.jpg
    purple queen 4.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 21
  • jungle5.jpg
    jungle5.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 21
  • jungle4.jpg
    jungle4.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 20
  • jungle 3.jpg
    jungle 3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 22
random room pictures

random room pictures

The Big AK is still all loose and spindly now but over the next 3 weeks it will fill right in, they can be massive plants

Attachments

• Jungle 2.jpg
    Jungle 2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Jungle 1 .jpg
    Jungle 1 .jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 20
  • guava hash c99.jpg
    guava hash c99.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Big AK Sativa in back .jpg
    Big AK Sativa in back .jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 22
April 18 photo update... lots of nice buds coming in

April 18 photo update... lots of nice buds coming in

i am having trouble posting pictures... i am unable to imbed them into my post and can only post them as attachments which never seem to sit right on the page.. do i need to have my pictures hosted on photobucket first or something ?

Attachments

• Jungle April 18 2020.jpg
    Jungle April 18 2020.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Doc Holiday 1-1.jpg
    Doc Holiday 1-1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Purple Queen 1.jpg
    Purple Queen 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Doc Holiday 3.jpg
    Doc Holiday 3.jpg