What's new

old school trinity

BIGJ541

Well there she is I would know her from a mile away

Well there she is I would know her from a mile away

Greetings to all,

Hello Str8edge, your great thread was brought to our attention recently and has prompted us to create an account here in order to share our labors of love with you and anyone who has ever smoked and loved the original Trinity...

We are the Pacific Wonderland Seed Company, and we are currently in the midst of a long-term Trinity backcross project using the original Trin mom and a male found in a breeder's pack of Soma's Lavender. The "t7" mentioned above by HL45 is indeed a f1 of this cross, and occupied the seventh slot in the tray. This cut has never been officially named (our goal is to arrive at a representation excellent enough to be simply called "Trinity" through backcrossing, and results are very promising...), however it has been occasionally known as "TL7", "TrinityLavender", "TrinLav", "Eugene Trinity x Lavender", "T7" and more...

It is true that the original Trinity is very tightly held, however over the course of life and time the cut had begun deteriorating and not producing as it once did. We hold the cut only to backcross to, so at this point it only gets flowered in order to bear seed...

One of the most distinct aspects of the plant is of course the extremely pungent aroma of the flowers... They reek of skunks, a hint of mint and maybe a slight undertone of licorice, yet indescribable at the same time as anyone who has tried the original can attest... The smell WILL saturate any surrounding area, be carried for long distances on the wind and definitely attract attention wherever she goes. It is quite difficult to contain her in jars or bags...

Delicious flavor that rides the palate for a long while and makes everything taste like Trin...

The stone is powerful and dominating...

The Trinity backcross will be available is seed form soon, here are a few photos in the meantime:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Here we have one of our latest projects, of which we are very excited and proud, the ThunderLuv (Matanuska Thunderfuck x Lavender):

View Image

We also wish to share our knowledge about the history of the Trinity, this thread seems like the right place?

Kind regards to everyone!

-TrinZilla
Pacific Wonderland Seeds
There she is one of the best representations to trinity I have seen in years.

BIGJ541

Trinity came from a bagseed found in a bud from trinity county. The seed was sprouted in the willamete valley. The person who sprouted it also had ties in Kansas so the strain made its way out there as well. Some folks still have the trinity but it is more tightly held then any strains i have seen in a while. People are also breeding the trinity with Lavender (the original Not somas) and something called "t7" which may be another name for old school lavender.
I heard this all last weekend from the old roommate of the lucky fellow who got that bag of herb from trinity. Yet another instance where a bagseed or accidental cross turns out to be a legend. From chemdog to gorrila glue 4, think twice when find a bagseed

I would say that's close to the story I have herd witch I have herd a few different ones over the years. by your User name I can guess your one of a few people and by my user name you might be able to guess who i'am. I have herd that it was a present for a family here in Eugene off Grateful Dead tour. I have also herd it was from Trinity County or form a school in northern Cal but the truth is that it showed up in Eugene in about 1995 and has be a local legend since.:dance013::dance013::dance013:

TrinZilla

Here is trin x lav all finished up just awaiting chop

image_zpsd652b42b.jpg

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
that looks so similar to the "trinity" i have. they swear mine is the real deal but the skunk isnt a prominent smell at all.

TrinZilla

that looks so similar to the "trinity" i have. they swear mine is the real deal but the skunk isnt a prominent smell at all.

A terpene profile analysis might help ID your plant. We have seen several other cuts of Trinity around the area over the years that were bland with little flavor or smell. Trinity is the type of herb that should be pretty instantly recognizable by smell, taste and potency. We would like to chat with you more about Trin, and we are so close to having PMs, only 5 or 6 more posts to go!

TrinZilla

how is the smell on the trinty x lav cross and how is the smoke? Haven't seen trinty in KS since early 2k.

Intense, pungent skunk with other exotic spices, but truly difficult to put into words... The smoke is wonderful, a true all-day-every-day type of herb that leaves a ringing taste of trinity on your palate for a long while after partaking...

Are there no hold-outs still producing Trinity in KS?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
A terpene profile analysis might help ID your plant. We have seen several other cuts of Trinity around the area over the years that were bland with little flavor or smell. Trinity is the type of herb that should be pretty instantly recognizable by smell, taste and potency. We would like to chat with you more about Trin, and we are so close to having PMs, only 5 or 6 more posts to go!
hit me up when you are ready.

shaggyballs

Veteran
A simple shift in the terpene profile is enough to make a difference, without it being a fake, just a slightly different Pheno.

To me, no two seeds are exactly alike, so if it is not an exact clone you will have a variation from seed to seed!

It would be my belief, yours is not a fake, a variation probably, maybe even a better pheno, ya know!:tiphat:
shag

HL45

Veteran
I saw some of the trinity backcross the other day. It was great, looking forward to seeing the seeds get released.