What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Arizona

Sforza

Veteran
I miss the days when MadJag used to write up some of his old time exploits in Arizona and points south. Damn this thread was fun to read back then. Now it is just Ralp this and Ralp that, all bullshit and boring as hell.

In an effort to lively up this thread, I will post up one of my little adventures back in the good old days, even though it did not occur in Arizona and it did not involve ganja. I am sure many of you can relate to the thrill of the chase and the outwitting of the man, as most of us were doing a lot of that sort of shit back in the day.

I remember when Steve Durbano, a professional hockey player I became friends with, and I were in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. After being down there a week or so, we picked up a nice supply of blow from some folks who I had met in Cartagena and with whom I had done business many times.

The plan was to pack the snow into Polaroid film cartridges that afternoon and then head to the airport. Once we got it all packed up, there was still a small pile of blow left on the plate we had used to spoon the snow into the plastic cartridges.

We had each done a small line before we started packing and I didn't want either of us to do any more, since we were headed to the airport and security there. But, at the last fucking second, Steve just could not resist all that blow sitting there on the plate that we had already paid for but had no more room for, so he snorted up two huge piles right before we headed out the door to get into the taxi. It was too late for me to do anything about that now.

At the airport gate waiting area, after we had already checked in, a Bolivian soldier was walking around, checking out the passengers. He must have noticed Steve sitting there, sweating like a pig, eyes bugging out, so he started to mess with Steve and going through Steve's carry on bag, which held the Polaroid film.

I was sitting very calm nearby and knew that I had to head the cop off at the pass or we were going to be sunk. In English, I told Steve to go get something to drink and I sat down next to the carry on bag. The cop accepted the slick substitution with no signs of suspicion, but he continued to search the bag in front of me. As he picked up each item and inspected it, he slyly glanced at me to see if I showed any reaction. My heart was pounding, but I kept my outward expression as bored and calm as possible and showed no reaction to his search.

When he got to the Polaroid cartridges, he looked at them very carefully and I could tell he was suspicious. Then, right in front of me, one of the flaps that closed the cardboard box that held the plastic cartridge came loose. We had glued the flaps shut right before we jumped into the taxi and apparently, the glue had not dried completely so that the handling caused the flap to open when it was handled. I could tell by the light in his eyes that he thought he had me now, but my complete indifference to the loose flap caused the soldier/cop to lose interest and he put the film back in the bag and moved on, disappointment in his eyes.

After the soldier left, Steve joined me. He was still buzzing but we made it onto the plane.

On all our previous trips, we had flown from Santa Cruz to Caracas, spent the night, then flown from Caracas either directly to Kingston or flew to Kingston via Aruba or Curacao. But when Steve and I bought our tickets in Santa Cruz this time, the ticket agency said that the rules had changed and now that same flight that we had been taking would stop in Caracas but we would have to stay on the plane and land in Miami. That was not good news, but we bought the tickets to Miami anyway, since we were kind of fucked by that time.

When the plane landed in Caracas, I said fuck it, I am not going to land in Miami with blow. I had been put through the ringer too many times in Miami by the DEA, since they obviously had my name and knew my game. They fucked with me big time, but I had always been able to brazen it out and be released. But I did not want to push my luck. So when we landed in Caracas, I told Steve here is where I get off. We had talked about this earlier and Steve told me he wanted to go on to Miami and I said that is fine, go ahead to Miami by yourself. But he lost his nerve when I grabbed my carry on and headed up the aisle to deplane and he followed me off.

Of course, when we got to immigration and customs it was discovered that our tickets were for Miami and not Caracas. That led to them separating Steve and I. I sat around in an office for an hour or so, while they asked me questions and went through my stuff. They didn't look too hard at my stuff and didn't ask many questions. It was mostly a perfunctory process without zeal. When they finally let me out of the little room they had been keeping me, Steve was waiting for me outside the immigration office. He was put through the same process. We spent the night in the Sheridan Hotel and went to the disco where we met a couple of American stewardesses who were staying at the hotel on a layover. I managed to bed the prettier of the two stewardess, but Steve was not having too much luck with his girl.

The next morning Steve told me that he struck out with his girl and he was not too happy about it. We headed out to the airport that morning and the rest of the trip was relatively uneventful.

I checked and I see that Steve has his own Wikipedia Page here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Durbano

I have no Wikipedia page, but on the other hand, I am not dead and I never spent more than one night at a time in a jail. Has anyone else ever broken out of a jail and managed to not get recaptured? Tell me your story and I'll tell you mine.

Last edited:

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Old School...so the yang of old is ?
It's kinda like intersecting circles rolling down the hill. Every point of light starts somewhere.
So as i sit here running into my twain of life ruminating on my youth and assessing my present i am glad how it turned out.
Yesterday my son witnessed a bad person try to steal two babys from a stroller. He rushed the guy and interceded. Their mom had left them unattended for a moment. Her bad.
But how do you figure? He took off last week to visit a friend in Ireland, flew to Prague,just because he wanted to see it. Knew no one there. Walking down the street...and was present enough to save those children.
So to us oldens and welcome to the newones....keep trucking

Last edited:

Sforza

Veteran
Old School...so the yang of old is ?
It's kinda like intersecting circles rolling down the hill. Every point of light starts somewhere.
So as i sit here running into my twain of life ruminating on my youth and assessing my present i am glad how it turned out.
Yesterday my son witnessed a bad person try to steal two babys from a stroller. He rushed the guy and interceded. Their mom had left them unattended for a moment. Her bad.
But how do you figure? He took off last week to visit a friend in Ireland, flew to Prague,just because he wanted to see it. Knew no one there. Walking down the street...and was present enough to save those children.
So to us oldens and welcome to the newones....keep trucking

Yes, the time to pass the baton to younger generation has come. While each generation looks upon its youth as being callow and unworthy, somehow, almost every succeeding generation manages to move the ball forward, sometimes only a little and sometimes in giant leaps. All we can do is wish them well and keep the faith baby.

That adventure that your son had is something right out of a movie or spy novel, WHD. Luckily, your son was able to save the babies for their mother and, unlike in a movie, was not thereafter captured and mistaken for a member of a rival gang, leading to yet more adventures. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

I've spent some time in Dublin and Prague. Drank Guinness at the old brewery in Dublin and managed to lift the glasses as a keepsake.

Great Pilsner beer in Prague. I drove to Prague from Holland and the miles of rolling wheat fields as we approached Prague indicated that we were entering beer country. I passed the town of Pilsner on my way to Prague, so I guess that validates their claim to originating pilsner beer. I went in the summer when there were plenty of tourists most of them seemingly hanging out on the big old bridge across the river through the middle of the town.

Having been to much of Western Europe, I would like to see more of Eastern Europe before it all becomes homogenized modern Western Culture. Fifty years of communism slowed down progress in Eastern Europe, so one might still get a bit of a feel for traditional culture.

I would like to visit Budapest, Dubrovnik, and Bucharest eventually. I am going to make a side trip for a week to Krakow in June, spending at least one day at the nearby Auschwitz/Oświęcim Concentration Camp. Standing in the Roman Coliseum, looking down at the floor where so many gladiators, slaves, Christians, and exotic animals were slain, I was struck by how cruel people can be. I imagine visiting a location like Auschwitz where so many were brutalized and murdered will engender similar feelings.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I was worried about repercussions and texted him to 'watch his back'. Couple days later he replied to me.."watch your front".... wise ass!
He is running circles around my travels. He lives in alaska 6 months, then works and travels the rest.
He recently went to Ireland last month....what did you do? "Venezuela"!

Drunken Buddha

@Sforza
@wolfhoundaddy

I just came back from 2 weeks in Europa.....Munich > Zurich > Barcelona > Zurich > Lake Lugano > Monaco > Munich

A friend, on another forum which you both know, bought my ticket and paid for all the hotel rooms and gas for his car. I visited my old canyon grow partner, Hans, in Zurich and met 15 members from that other forum at Spannabis in Barcelona where I spent 4 stony days. The Spannabis show lasted 3 days and on day 2 we had a party at a local cannabis club. I ate a nice piece of edible chocolate made from a 100% indica strain.

I took 2,002 photos and have begun posting them one the other forum. Enjoy.

Drunken Buddha

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ralp

Alcoholism

Alcoholism

This is most deliberated in committee to compete with the Alcoholic epidemic ravishing this state. Hench the community area allowed by law to consume cannabis products.

These community centers in the beginning that will be financed from Marijuana sales. Will be equipped with counseling on Alcoholism and opioid addiction. Community and Cultural activities are tap root core to success.

To support on a community level personal grows wont be allowed. With all things of want and desire ugliness of greed the nourishment. This have taken it's toll on the Native communities throughout the state. Uncontrolled market supply and distribution works counter productive in the Native American paradigm.

Who here would not give up their personal grows to help the community. Going into Gallup/Las Cruses to score your weekly ounce stopping by the community center toking a little with the community.

It's a better reality then say Harvest

Ralp

Here is the California collaborative police administration production distribution going to the Harvest, cura leaf, terra grow, are putting their monies to get the power of the Arizona market.
Only exception the SB 1492 a legislative sets up the administrative part without any public input but what the board appoints. REMEMBER ALL PROMISES ARE TO BE SET TO REGULATIONS ADOPTED BY THE BOARD. (happened in CA) This means all personal grow right have yet been regulated so they will be adopted. Then it will rely on the county, municipality, town ship, homeowners assoc. or whatever entity that is given authority by deed to a governing source has to agree. If the governing entity dont sign off then charges can be filed criminal. Then to property lien for cause tying up the property for years as more and more assessment are charged till you lose everything over a few plants.

The tax on the AZ state level will cap @ 26% other city county average about 6 %. This is about a 32% tax at point of sale as well as all the the other subsidized tax at production manufacture distribution bring it to about 54% taxed at point of sale. If the feds legalize and put a 30% tax the Arizona marijuana consumer will pay close to 85% tax at point of sale. These tax obligations are set in this initiative and cannot be changed but by voter mandate in an election.

Lets get to the gift clause this is a dark DARK hole of abuse. Every county in Arizona has been notified by the USDOJ on accounting practice of seizure confiscations. Now they can say you just gift it to us we wont prosecute done in CA. THIS IS THE INITIATIVE

https://3g6615161omg2tl5k03v3pnt-wp...s/2019/08/Smart-and-Safe-Act-Initiative-1.pdf

Oh the monies going to police is set and cant be changed money for training equipment pensions. Gov Ducey made the police unions pension fund solvent and well funded this should be funded by the legislature not by allowing production distribution sales to marijuana this is extortion, and a sell out the powers in California. They didn't do it right and complete bend over.

We will see more and more El Paso, Dallas, Dayton, Orlando's all this does is label a pot smoker an addict that needs to be controlled and we have the vehicle to do it. This has all substance counseling tied to it, alcohol the most abused included but does not contribute and a different set of standards for those addicts WTF? I dont have a forgiveness in my soul if that impaired driver is drunk kills my relative will be manic if I found out marijuana is in the car. This is reported daily If we only put everyone tox screen up to public scrutiny in those convicted of a traffic DUI violation what a world we live in. WIKI

Then on top of that SB1492 will buy all contaminate marijuana as not to let on the underground market can you say $1000.00 ounces.

Where can a person smoke all the marijuana they want -- a place where equal opportunities are given equally no matter on gender (dont tolerate any deviance to orientation but nature) A place where if you can go to the top of night life travel all income goes to the cause the progressives want to make it and the administrative conservatives like the Romney's hope to model where is this place ?? NORTH KOREA A PLACE WHERE POLICE STATE THRIVES

Last edited:

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Az.Ballot initiative . 6 plants for one person over 21, 12 if two people live together.
They are going for the golden egg (the medical mj fund) and dispersing it. 10 million to police ...driving at the slightest degree!? Enforcement!
Ralp, i can never decipher your posts. You may know chit, but it's as hard a read as the legal wording for the iniative. Go easy on us stoner slow learners :)

Drewsif

Az.Ballot initiative . 6 plants for one person over 21, 12 if two people live together.
They are going for the golden egg (the medical mj fund) and dispersing it. 10 million to police ...driving at the slightest degree!? Enforcement!
Ralp, i can never decipher your posts. You may know chit, but it's as hard a read as the legal wording for the iniative. Go easy on us stoner slow learners :)

Its not the weed making Azers slow.

Its all the bullshit contaminants. That pesticide laced reject shit sprayed with vanilla extract. You guy grows the most actually the only fucked up weed in the world. Miracle whip, peanut shells, rancid butter, bitter orange peel, Splenda koolaid without the Splenda. Thats not OG Kush, Arizona, thats not even weed! No idea what the fuck you people are smoking but it's rotted your brains.