What's new

Old School Arizona

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Industrious Fellows,, to say the least.

Peace; 1TT

Does it make Me a bad guy, if this puts Me in mind od Carlos Hathcock's 2500meter shot with a 50 Cal.???

R

rbt

Rodeo

Rodeo

I like the sentiment and the moment I wish more could see where their food supply comes from and what it takes to care for stock.

Do you think there would be any Matador's left if they used rodeo bull's that have been in the circuit for 3 years or better. I think not a 1 would survive. A bull that has been around humans and understand there movements and abilities and prod them up before they leave the chute for the fight arena for SALE!

Madjag

Veteran
Ah... just like lifting the dress on a many layered skirt of a hippie girl...back in the day.

Thanks for giving a gander of your garden :)

This is what it leads to......

Critical Mass F2 "Baby Poo"(you know what the name relates to, hahaha)

picture.php

picture.php

R

rbt

Arizona

Arizona

I am starting this thread to discuss the "old days" of herb and herb growing in Arizona.

I was inspired to make this thread by new member Madjag, who made some posts about growing SK1 on the Mogollon Rim in 1978. That story brought back a lot of memories, I am pretty sure I smoked some of that SK1 back then.

Although Arizona didn't have as many growers as California, a lot of good weed was grown here, and vast quantities of good weed came through here from Mexico on it's way to other places.

Those were good days.

Anybody else remember those days? Did you smoke any of the "Blue Afghani" grown in the Pinalenos near Safford in the late '70s? Or Madjag's Rim SK1, or the SK1 grown along the Gila at about the same time? Do you remember Arivaca, Paradise, Peppersauce and Rincon? Or maybe you were farther north, Young in the Anchas, Payson etc.

I was hoping your back and say it was nice reading about the 70 and 80's in Arizona. I know all the place you mention. I have one exception though. The mining town's of Superior, Miami, Globe, Winkleman, Hayden, Oracle, I was busted with a half pound in Globe. in 72 on Thanksgiving day.

Thrown into the shit hole of a jail in Globe "Gila County Jail". They even had the flat straps for cells left over from the Yuma Territorial Prison. The cell were 5'8" most Mexican's fit not me. I had picked up a sweet thing and was taking her back to Thatcher Pima, Was pulled over at 2 in the Morning between Miami/ Globe pulling that hill between, for an illegal lane change. they screwed me hard.

I had that half pound from upper Aravaipa, It was for my own personal use one bag and 3 packs of JOB licorice papers and a Zebra wood pipe. I wish I had the pipe back. But none of these place were friendly to outsiders from TUCSON at the time. The sheriff Lyman Peace, his sister running the tow and storage concession, this brother-in-law the County Judge and the Judge's son the prosecutor and of course the only other Attorney doing simple possession cases the Judge's son-in-law,

There's a movie about that area called "U TURN" is a 1997 crime film directed by Oliver Stone, based on the book Stray Dogs by John Ridley. It stars Sean Penn, Billy Bob Thornton, Jennifer Lopez, Jon Voight, Powers Boothe, Joaquin Phoenix, Claire Danes and Nick Nolte.

I wont go into my 60 day's on a Chain gang in Texas for Vagrancy, Hitchhiking and 3 joints. but the food was better

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
The sheriff Lyman Peace, his sister running the tow and storage concession, this brother-in-law the County Judge and the Judge's son the prosecutor and of course the only other Attorney doing simple possession cases the Judge's son-in-law,

Ouch. Sounds like they had a nice little family business going ... feeding on ruined lives. Although unpleasant, thanks for the reminder that these people exist. I wonder what lies they told themselves to keep from examining the darkness within their souls?

Madjag

Veteran
Ouch. Sounds like they had a nice little family business going ... feeding on ruined lives. Although unpleasant, thanks for the reminder that these people exist. I wonder what lies they told themselves to keep from examining the darkness within their souls?

Probably that good old boy mantra, "OM, Money, Gimme Some"

R

rbt

Well I had my satisfaction I signed an agreement to pay the atty. $50:00 a month with $100.00 down. Then we walked over to the New Court house next door and walked into the Prosecutor's office. there we worked out a plea bargain 1 year unsupervised probation and a $250.00 fine. Then we walked right into the judges chambers did the deal and I was out the front door. Next go find the car get back on the road $400.00 down I had to Buy the babe I was with a Greyhound bus ticket home. and for the cab to come and get her. I tried my phone call to my house on Thanksgiving EVE but their was a party going on I was missing I wasn't home. To get another phone call I was picked/chosen to go into a lineup I wanted to get home not smart.

well besides a old man 3 Mexicans varied ages and me 6'4" 220 shoulder length brown hair. then walks in a guy my size with a bandage that looked like a turban covering one eye with his attorney ( I should have found this guy) well then comes this freaking hayseed, eye stained bib overalls rocking on his feet looked me straight in the eye and said that him. Seems his store was robbed and his daughter working there was accosted for 45 minutes then the father came in a saved her. It took them 2 hours to see that I was in their jail the whole fucking time.

Well I was instructed to copy the one probation paper I never sent in one or paid that asswipe of an atty. either. So 6 months go by and I get a letter from the probation officer I had not filled out any papers or paid on my fine. and the atty sues me. I was framing Indian Homes on the San Carlos res. at the time staying in Globe but in my truck. I call up the prosecutor and tell him hey how about giving me 2 for on time I come up fill out a probation report pay my fine will this be acceptable to the judge, he called right back it was I then call up the asswipe atty and told him I still owed him $600.00 made and offer $200.00 call it even and drop the suit he agreed. I came out of my motel room wlked the mile to pay it smoking a joint the whole way down the street I reeked when I went in I rubbed that stink roaches all over me I had a bank wrapped $2500.00 that I had to pay cash to some of the framers. Walked into the prosecutors office handed him the report ripped 5 $50.00 off the top walked to the asswipe office ripped off 4 $50.00 asked him for my release on the suit. walked down to an old Denny's and waited to be picked up.

R

rbt

One of the best high you could ever have is the Mexican Oaxacan Riding my sportster up and down the Coronado Trail from alpine to Clifton is truly a spiritual experience. The old ST HWY RT. 666 I still have 2 of the signs lol. I camped out and had friends growing in the Blue Range. that were from the nudist colony in upper Aravaipa. Yes taking those scenic roads living a young life it seemed like flying like a bird.

Madjag

Veteran
Route 666 was, and is, still one of my favorites, thought I spent/spend a lot of my time on the many dirt roads that criss-cross Arizona. These dusty roads still can provide one with that feeling of timelessness.

- The Fossil Creek road from just outside Camp Verde to Strawberry.
- The Perkinsville Road from Jerome to Williams.
- Redington Road from San Manuel to Benson or Wilcox
- Any of the roads that lead away from Point-Of Pines on the San Carlos Reservation and
tie into other, even more remote places.
- The many backroads on the Navajo Res, especially the ones leading over the Chuska
Mountains and into New Mexico.
- The Coronado National Monument road west to Nogales
- The Ruby Road to Arivaca and across to the Tohono Res

Too many short 4x4 sections to list, but quite a few spurs jump off the Coronado Trail and are spectacular. My favorite is the Pueblo Park Road (FR232) to Blue and then over to New Mexico where it pops out on Hwy 180 just west of Reserve. Not many good pullover spots to camp, but very little traffic makes up for that. The lower Blue is an oustanding hike BTW that I have not yet done. You hike down the creek to the Gila and then on in to Clifton.

Peace,
MJ

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Senator highway will get you from Prescott to Crown King, 35 miles of dirt and 2 1/2 hrs. later....Watch it in the spring time, lots of creek crossings and mud bogs....watch it on the weekends...lots of tight corners and quad racers...

It was my way to town, when I worked at a mine outside of Crown King. All I owned was a dirt bike and youthful intentions, that only a night on Whiskey Row could fulfill.

R

rbt

It seems like when I was younger the West was so big, the roads every mile had it own style and place, Each little town you went through was like one of those gums with fruit gel center. the neon lights. the Western giddyup worn by waitresses and the Chrysler of some type the local cop had to catch whatever out of town. Now it is like that CARS movie said " Back then we drove to have a good time. Today we drive to make good time". so today I am having a smoking good time.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
this has to be a dream

this has to be a dream

Has anyone here gone to this "Medical Marijuana Farmers Market" in Phoenix AZ.
http://medicalfarmersmarket.com/
I just found out about it on a Danish web site. Anyone please give some comment it says they have clones too.

I have been to the one on Thomas rd. First time I walked in was kinda spooky. Grown adults with tentative smiles, some tie dyed old freaks,youngerish pot businessmen, and just run of the mill folks who have been smokin all their lives and you wouldn't be able to pick them out of a crowd. Everyone had a smile.
I say spooky because after being a criminal for some 40 yrs.,all my old habits of staying safe and invisible were being challenged..You know, I was coming out.
I walked around and tried to intuit who had the best vibe for me to invest in. I wanted to buy clones. And by golly I did. I walked out of there with two strains. Wow
If I had a bra (NOT,I'm a guy) I would have burned it, on the spot.:woohoo:

Sforza

Veteran
I have one exception though. The mining town's of Superior, Miami, Globe, Winkleman, Hayden, Oracle, I was busted with a half pound in Globe. in 72 on Thanksgiving day.

Was pulled over at 2 in the Morning between Miami/ Globe pulling that hill between, for an illegal lane change. they screwed me hard.

And now Globe has approved a dispensary right in the middle of town. Considering that alcohol and cigarettes are legal and pot is so benign, it sure has taking the country a very long time to lighten up and accept pot.

Latest Gallop poll I saw showed that the majority favor decriminalization of weed and the success of proponents making recreational pot legal in Washington and Colorado gives me some hope that the country is finally coming to grips with reality.

Sforza

Veteran
Well I had my satisfaction I signed an agreement to pay the atty. $50:00 a month with $100.00 down. Then we walked over to the New Court house next door and walked into the Prosecutor's office. there we worked out a plea bargain 1 year unsupervised probation and a $250.00 fine. Then we walked right into the judges chambers did the deal and I was out the front door. Next go find the car get back on the road $400.00 down I had to Buy the babe I was with a Greyhound bus ticket home. and for the cab to come and get her. I tried my phone call to my house on Thanksgiving EVE but their was a party going on I was missing I wasn't home. To get another phone call I was picked/chosen to go into a lineup I wanted to get home not smart.

well besides a old man 3 Mexicans varied ages and me 6'4" 220 shoulder length brown hair. then walks in a guy my size with a bandage that looked like a turban covering one eye with his attorney ( I should have found this guy) well then comes this freaking hayseed, eye stained bib overalls rocking on his feet looked me straight in the eye and said that him. Seems his store was robbed and his daughter working there was accosted for 45 minutes then the father came in a saved her. It took them 2 hours to see that I was in their jail the whole fucking time.

Well I was instructed to copy the one probation paper I never sent in one or paid that asswipe of an atty. either. So 6 months go by and I get a letter from the probation officer I had not filled out any papers or paid on my fine. and the atty sues me. I was framing Indian Homes on the San Carlos res. at the time staying in Globe but in my truck. I call up the prosecutor and tell him hey how about giving me 2 for on time I come up fill out a probation report pay my fine will this be acceptable to the judge, he called right back it was I then call up the asswipe atty and told him I still owed him $600.00 made and offer $200.00 call it even and drop the suit he agreed. I came out of my motel room wlked the mile to pay it smoking a joint the whole way down the street I reeked when I went in I rubbed that stink roaches all over me I had a bank wrapped $2500.00 that I had to pay cash to some of the framers. Walked into the prosecutors office handed him the report ripped 5 $50.00 off the top walked to the asswipe office ripped off 4 $50.00 asked him for my release on the suit. walked down to an old Denny's and waited to be picked up.

I enjoyed the hell out of that story! You are a man after my own heart. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Sforza

Veteran
Up before dawn

Up before dawn

Thanks dude!

I go to bed early and get up long before the break of dawn too. That is my favorite part of the day, when I can think clearer, without all the inane distractions that are foisted on us and seem to be just part of modern everyday life now.

Peace.

I am also an early riser. An additional benefit of getting up early is one of my favorite buzzes is to have a cup of coffee and a couple of hits of good weed right after getting up.

The quiet and the freshness of the day makes it a great time for thinking and coming up with new ideas and solutions to problems.

R

rbt

I have been to the one on Thomas rd. First time I walked in was kinda spooky. Grown adults with tentative smiles, some tie dyed old freaks,youngerish pot businessmen, and just run of the mill folks who have been smokin all their lives and you wouldn't be able to pick them out of a crowd. Everyone had a smile.
I say spooky because after being a criminal for some 40 yrs.,all my old habits of staying safe and invisible were being challenged..You know, I was coming out.
I walked around and tried to intuit who had the best vibe for me to invest in. I wanted to buy clones. And by golly I did. I walked out of there with two strains. Wow
If I had a bra (NOT,I'm a guy) I would have burned it, on the spot.:woohoo:
I think I will go up there this weekend I can get in early because of the 65 and over. By the sound of your description it must be a second home to me. I am a Goldwing old fart now get on it and go up. On the web site they said they had a vap room doesn't that sound like a soft touch in the morning? Getting excited about the thought of that. But so confused just how this thing is supposed to operate. 25 mile rule and clones,

However it is the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month on the Thomas Rd. location. In Tucson the 3 hydro shops are all having either grand openings/moving/annual lots of giveaways factory reps they told me to make sure I brought my truck. November 9th,16,26th call.

R

rbt

Well here to report on the http://medicalfarmersmarket.com/ in phx. It was worth the trip from the Tombstone area. I took the Goldwing and the scenic through Florence I don't like I-10 around Picacho with winds and dust storms. This is the place for clones if your a micro grower, and you can negotiate with the growers. About 80 vendors there most showing smokeable herb lots of edibles of all sorts, vaporizers bags, contests doorprizes.

Next time I will take the car as I don't think the clones would farewell in the saddle compartments. I came home with 14- 1/4 oz's mostly all different varieties. I bought a 1/4 of Blue Daydream and the CBD's are fantastic. It was fun while I felt out of place at times a old bald conservative looking non tattooed guy hanging out in a bus taking turn's on a bong LMAO. It was like going back in time to 67 and my sister took me to San Francisco for 5 days on the way to my aunts house.