What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Arizona

Sforza

Veteran
Una mas to get the post count up closer to 50.

More than 35 years later, an experience down in Jamaica remains fresh in my memory as one of the most fantastic events in a long and eventful life.

I met the girl at Rick's Cafe at sunset, which is of course the classic way to meet a beautiful girl, at least once the crowd moved from the Yacht Club to Rick's. Slim, petite, feminine, just the way I like them. Oriental, as we used to call them before PC changed the acceptable name to Asian. What's in a name, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet and she was just as beautiful and exotic to me as an Asian as she was as an Oriental.

She was from San Francisco. She was a Japanese American. She was on vacation, having recently graduated from dental school. She was not easily impressed, but on the other hand, she was not entirely uninterested either. Playing hard to get, or more likely, just hard to get. Lord I love a challenge.

Even way back then she was concerned about the environment. She was high on her new diesel Volkswagen that got so many miles per gallon. Back then, I think diesel was also cheaper than gasoline.

I think she let me buy her a drink. She was staying with friends on the cliffs. I was staying at Red Ground. Nothing much developed but I did have her name and where she was staying.

A day or two later I got a buddy with a motorbike to give me a ride to where she was staying. No cell phones on the Island back then. Hell there were no cell phones anywhere and few phones anywhere in Negril. I just showed up unannounced and lucked out because she was home with her friends.

She was friendly, but not too friendly. I think we all got high and chatted for a while. As I recall, I managed to trap her alone in the bathroom and made a move on her, but to no avail. She was not in the market, it was complicated, she did not want to go into details. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

A couple days later, there was a private party on the beach. It was one of the little places on the beach, not far from the roundabout. I was nicely stoned as I arrived with friends. The moon was full and the beach was lit up nearly as bright as day. The lambent moonlight sparkled and glinted off the slight chop of the sea and shone through the palm tree fronds.

And lo and behold, there was the little Asian Pearl, looking ravishing in a loose blouse and tight black jeans. That was a delightful surprise indeed. I immediately approached her and we both got drinks. We went out on the beach and sat down next to each other on a flat white wooden lounge. We talked and smiled at each other. We smoked some ganja that was being passed around. At some point she admitted that the setting was so damn romantic that it was messing with her will power. That sounded good to me. I knew that I was certainly raring to go.

Eventually, the party broke up. She and I ended up getting a ride back to the cliffs, but not to where she was staying. We rode back with a friend of mine who had a place on the cliffs, part of which he rented out. The three of us sat on the front porch talking while our host provided one last joint for the evening.

At this point it was touch and go as to what was going to happen. I needed to stack the odds in my favor. As we smoked the jay, she and I were sitting next to each other in a love seat while our host sat nearby in a chair. I put my right arm around her shoulders. She did not resist. Since she was tiny and I have long arms, I had plenty of arm left over. So I reached my hand up under her blouse and got a good grip on her right breast. It was not large, but it was firm and smooth. And it was not long before it had a hard little nipple.

After we finished smoking, our host offered us the use of any empty bedroom and retired. I kissed her and tried to lead her into the bedroom, but she had other ideas. Taking me by the hand, she lead me off the porch, across the road, and out onto the cliff, waves crashing softly below.

We made love on a plastic lounge chair adjusted flat. It must have been an expensive model, because it held up to a great deal of abuse that night. The ambiance, the girl, the ganja, the lovemaking, it was all overwhelming. Talk about a Vulcan mind meld! Wow!

The night was amazing. I don't remember there being an end to the night, except that we woke up in the morning in broad daylight still locked together on that lounge chair.

She did the walk of shame with me back across the street to the house, ogled by the local hired help. We parted ways. That was the only time we made love, but if you do it right, once is enough.

Madjag

Veteran
Zamal Standing Out

Zamal Standing Out

The Sativa pheno of Gerrit's (of Magus Genetics) - Warlock x (Zamal B x Warlock) 2008.
Smells like carrot/pepper and has the skinniest leaves I've seen in a long time. Just starting to flower, about 2 weeks behind the other Sativa dominant strains, so could be looking at a November harvest. Yum, yum.

picture.php

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
Sforza Got Game and Gets The Gold Star

Sforza Got Game and Gets The Gold Star

And speaking of "A" games....Sforza gets the Gold Star for his JA ...............................&.reminisces for sure.

picture.php

Having spent a fair amount of time in Jamaica, I'm a bit partial to his memorable experiences. My Jamaican girlfriend was an amazingly gifted woman in more ways than I can share, however our continued relationship was unlikely since she wanted children and I had already raised two beautiful daughters and did not want to start a second family. It was nice while it lasted.....

Sometimes we mesh well with another, other times there just doesn't seem to be a fit.....only time can tell for sure.

picture.php

Last edited:

Madjag

Veteran
Zamal amal a ding dong

Zamal amal a ding dong

I'm very fascinated with Zamal herb....from all that I've read on the A.C.E. thread about Zamaldelica and Dubi's explanations and descriptions, I've decided that Zamal will be my Grail basis to which I will mate Mexican, Brazilian, and Afghani phenos.

Short of going to La Reunion Island, I am using Gerrit's cuts from 2005 and 2008. They were primarily Skunk #1 crossed with a special Afghani strain and then crossed with Zamal A or Zamal B, distinctions made by Gerrit of Magus Genetics concerning the type of Zamal pheno expressed. They have Colombian, Mexican, and Afghani strains in their pedigree (Skunk #1) so picking out the Zamal pheno will take some time and grow-outs of sehr viele seedlings. I've got the carrot scent pheno and bushiness in one of this year's girls so I'm on the right path.

Here's a photo of a Zamal plant from Mafate crater on La Reunion Island just off Madagascar. It was posted on the MNS forum by Manivelle, also known as Mani.

The word "Zamal" on the island basically means the same as Mota in Mexico or Ganja in Jamaica or Weed in the USA.

Note the extreme bushiness:
picture.php

An aerial photo of the inside of the Zamal crater and the small towns hidden within:
picture.php

Same area in a color photo by Ali Hansen, a photojournalist and explorer. Note the bright areas on small plateaus that are the remote towns of La Nouvelle and Marla:
picture.php

What a small homestead, that might have a few sacred herb plants growing in the vicinity, looks like in this remote area that takes a minimum of a day's hike to reach (or an expensive helicopter flight):
picture.php

Last edited:

Sforza

Veteran
"Note the extreme bushiness"

If you can only grow 12 plants, at least you can make sure that they are 12 big plants!

Madjag

Veteran
here's the absolute best book on creating incredible soil:
The Ideal Soil

Also, the ideal balanced, comprehensive soil mineral supplement, with 2 unique Pro-biotic Fungi and Bacteria packages: Agricola's Best
All of the ingredients in Agricola's Best Soil Mineral Supplement are allowed by USDA NOP Final Rule for Organic crop production

Here's Chapter 1, the author's free chapter for understanding why organic, biodynamic, Rodale, permaculture, and rock dust agro all have great intentions, but fall short of the holistic picture:
http://www.soilminerals.com/TIS_Ch1.htm

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
And speaking of "A" games....Sforza gets the Gold Star for his JA ...............................&.reminisces for sure.

View Image

Having spent a fair amount of time in Jamaica, I'm a bit partial to his memorable experiences. My Jamaican girlfriend was an amazingly gifted woman in more ways than I can share, however our continued relationship was unlikely since she wanted children and I had already raised two beautiful daughters and did not want to start a second family. It was nice while it lasted.....

Sometimes we mesh well with another, other times there just doesn't seem to be a fit.....only time can tell for sure.

View Image

UMmmm,, does it make Me a BAD GUY,, if I really want to see that SEX TAPE??? :cathug:

Peace; TWISTED

Madjag

Veteran
Medicine Voice

Medicine Voice

A long time ago, it is said, a tribal woman dying of thirst in a Mexican highland desert found small, plump cacti growing beneath the shade of a creosote bush. They were round and dome-shaped and had no needles or sharp thorns of any kind. She could use this plant to survive, she thought, because it had an inner, fleshy texture full of liquid pulp. Gratefully she fell to her knees and harvested a few of these green beauties for the life-giving water she needed so desperately.

The liquid was bitter yet quenching considering her plight. Any liquid would do or she would die. As she laid upon the ground and felt the watery juice fill her stomach, the young woman said a prayer and thanked the Earth Mother for her guidance and care. She felt her body revive and harvested a dozen more for the precious liquid that made her whole again. Yes, now she would live and see her clan soon. Her life was once again filled with energy.

But what was this? The energy that began to fill her arms and legs and made her eyes see clearly again was much more powerful than any she had felt before. She knew what her everyday life felt like and this was far beyond any feeling she had experienced before. Soon she felt she was flying and could see her family and clan in the distance, sad for her disappearance, crying out in pain. How was this possible?

She thought that perhaps she had poisoned herself. The plant teachers in her family warned of dangerous herbs, injurious flowers, potent roots, and smelly mushrooms that could take a life quickly, or worse with great pain over many hours. What if she had, in her suffering and thirst, betrayed her own life?

Minutes seemed like hours and hours passed like seconds. The young woman slowly gained strength and could stand. Her thoughts still flowed effortlessly from a different place. Then, as if in a burst of light, some sort of grace swept over her and she knew she this new knowledge could free her people as it had done for her. She realized that she must bring this gift to her People. Once more she let the shaky power force her back to the ground as she let the vivid dreams take her to new places. Tomorrow, she felt, she would be ready to travel in her earthly body.

picture.php

If you’ve shared in the ingestion of natural power plants, be it the sacred Cannabis herb, Ayahuasca, San Pedro, Psilocybe mushrooms, Datura, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Amanita, Peyote, Iboga, Salvia, Yopo, or any of the many others like Phalaris Grass, then you might find the Indian woman’s experience very familiar. I know I have on more than one occasion. Plant powers are the simple, natural doorway to another view of life.

During my early years in the Verde Valley in north central Arizona, Peyote developed a special significance for me. I had done LSD approximately 25 times over the course of a 1 ½ years while just in college. Some trips involved over 1,000 mcg of pharmaceutical grade lysergic acid so I was no stranger to altered worlds. Indeed, sometimes I had deep misgivings that perhaps I had screwed up my world and had lost my way. I had been places that had totally shifted my view of daily experience once I was back. Some sacred meaning evolved, so I thought, and that’s good, right? Or was I just fucked in the head? Good questions, but how would I know the answer? Ah yes, as my grandfather the professor would say, time will tell….

I met the two Princes of Peyote individually and later learned of their shared connection with the Navajo Road Chief who built sweat lodges all over the west. The first Prince was born and raised in Cottonwood and had strong ties on the Navaho Reservation. The first Prince was so low key you’d have thought he was yogi hooked on meditation and not one of two of the largest distributors of Medicine in North America or for that matter, the entire world. He moved slow, measured, and blended into the fabric of “small town” perfectly. Very few words left his mouth and even fewer persons ever got him to talking more than a “yes” or ‘no”.

The Dineh, known to most of you as the Navajo, have the largest number of Native American Church members and are the folks that regularly import huge quantities of Peyote from Mexico using a genuine US government import license. Usual pick-up truck loads back then ranged between 200,000 and 400,000 buttons of the fresh (rarer) or dried (usual) cactus that resembled either flattened vegetable discs, when dried, or silver dollar-sized buttons, green of course, dome-shaped with fuzzy hair tufts protruding out in little spots when they were fresh. User/street abuser stories revealed incorrectly that these tufts contained strychnine and were the reason you’d vomit fairly quickly after eating the repulsive-tasting little gem. Scientifically, the spiky tufts had a stomach irritant, it’s true, but a poison like strychnine, no. Remember smoking banana peels? Who told us that story?

For the first time I had unlimited access to an organic plant that had the power to majorly alter consciousness. My previous psychedelic dance with acid made me itchy to compare the natural world’s offerings in that department so as to better understand what I life was all about. I was hoping that Peyote would have a different teaching, one more in line with the natural world. LSD couldn’t be the end-all could it? Hey Mr. Leary, have you had some tea?

Mescaline, Peyote’s primary alkaloid, had been made famous by the British author, Aldous Huxley, in his trailblazing book, The Doors of Perception. This recently discovered chemical was frequently the focus of writers when speaking about Peyote and other cacti extracts. Still, mescaline makes up only approximately 60% of the total chemicals within Peyote and many of the other alkaloids have never been fully investigated or studied. Like the many terpenes in weed, these additional elements held properties that made the cactus much, much more than a mere mescaline trip. Peyote had a long spirit history in the desert southwest and Mexico and was intimately tied to native shamans and inner seekers. Its healing powers were intimated though never fully elucidated. You had to experience it for yourself, just as it should be.

Over the next few years I travelled with the Medicine maybe a dozen times thanks to the first Prince. It’s truly difficult to explain how bitter and vomit-inducing the tiniest taste of Peyote can be, like sucking on a small, fresh piece. Swallowing a big bite of button followed by a few more chunks leads to far more distasteful consequences. You will feel a twinge inside your gut that you’ve never felt before unless you’ve had a strong case of food poisoning. You’ll shiver, too, quivering all over, and that foul taste will mean nothing compared to the explosive electric current silently overcharging your batteries. I know there is no realistic comparison to offer and no clear explanation of what the taste portends. Let’s just say “do it”.

The Res clans make tea and concentrate the button’s power into small, distasteful gulps. Participants in the Res meetings step outside the Lodge frequently to empty their guts. For disguising the one-of-a-kind taste, I have tried peanut butter, Cheezits, flour biscuits, flour, and fruit juice, but none of these substances have a chance. Some hippies I knew ground up dried buttons and capped the powder into gelatin capsules. It took hours and hours to grind the dried buttons into powder, cap up 10 buttons equivalent for each participant, and then swallow them all with giant gulps of water. Still, the participants said it worked well enough to skip the puking for the most part. Only Peyote enemas, though, can bypass your stomach and take you straight to “Go” without stopping at “Jail”, with absolutely no stomach complaints. The hip lady I knew who testified for this technique had a much friendlier view of her Medicine journey than those who were doubled-over for the first 30 minutes wiping their faces. It’s the only way she’d go.

Many years had passed since those early days and though I made sure to journey with Medicine at least once every few years thereafter, I had let five years pass without partaking. My good friend in Phoenix had called and wanted to come down to Bisbee where I was living at the time. I suggested that in addition to going for an overnight campout that we also make it a Medicine journey since he had never experienced Peyote before. “Splendid,” he said. “So be it,” I added.

I had recently stocked up on buttons because I had moved to Bisbee for a year to caretake a friend’s house and to explore the high-grade turquoise market. The open pit and the many tailings piles still had plenty of colorful veins running through the geology and “dumpers” would sneak in at night and bring it out to sell or use in their own jewelry. Bisbee Blue Turquoise had the unique “Zat” color that brought top dollar on the market. Zat was the perfect blue, baby.

I had been mulling around ideas about how I could ingest a decent dose of Peyote while avoiding the vomit issues. The enema method didn’t appeal, and it looked like a concentrated tea would be the next best way. I wanted Doug to have a good dose and journey, so drinking funky tasting tea or chewing bitter, foul-tasting cactus just wouldn’t fly. He’d probably bail.

I had a lightbulb moment just then. I was staring at my Champion juicer on the kitchen counter and knew what was coming next. That’s right, I’d juice the fresh buttons. Better yet, I’d clean them meticulously first, removing all the stomach irritant tufts so that the juice would be pristine Peyote liquid. Voila!!

What a beautiful color it was. When I finished juicing, I held the glass quart bottle up to the light and gazed at the vibrant emerald green liquid. I knew it held dreams and I was walking into new territory just thinking about drinking it. Whew. I had juiced somewhere between 45– 50 fresh and semi-fresh buttons of different sizes. Some small, perfectly round buttons were known as “Star” buttons and were the size of a Brussels sprout. These were young buttons, perhaps 9-14 months old. Others were plump and round, about the diameter of a small orange, and dome-shaped, probably about 30-40 months old. None of this batch had roots still intact, stretching 2”-5” from the green button that represented the above-ground portion of the cactus. I wished that there had been a few rooties since they were easy to plant and maintain. With a decent root they could yield a nice family of plants within a few years if they were well-tended. All in all, I was ready for Aravaipa and ready for Doug.

picture.php

When my friend arrived in Bisbee we hit the road quickly. It took a good 4 hours to get to the east entrance side of Aravaipa Canyon. Even back then the BLM required permits in order to limit the number of people in the canyon at any given time and thus to enhance the visitor’s Wilderness experience. We skipped a visit to the Klondyke BLM office and went straight to the east-side Aravaipa parking lot. We had all we needed for enhancing our experience on any plane and planned to camp a bit off the beaten path so we wouldn’t get any surprise visitors crashing into our campsite and into our magnified minds. The thought of saying hi to some English tourists, or for that matter, trying to communicate with any other human being, was strictly out of the question. Chat with the BLM ranger checking permits? Uh, no.

picture.php

Our plan was simple and we didn’t discover until many hours later that it was also deeply flawed. We planned to set up camp, drink our juice, and wait for the full moon which coincided with that night. “The canyon will be so bright and easy to hike through even without our flashlights in hand”, we thought. We figured that since most of the canyon ran east-west this made total sense. What a gas it would be. A night-time exploration!

There were no other vehicles at the east side parking lot and it was two hours or so before sunset. This pretty-much guaranteed that we’d see no other folks tonight unless they had hiked about 11 miles in from the west side or had been dropped off by friends to hike in from the east side. After blasting 30-45 minutes down the main trail we moved off-trail toward the cliffs and settled into a stashed, little open space between the towering Sycamores, the Cottonwoods, and the lower canopy of an ancient mesquite bosque supplied with an understory of dense shrubs. It was the ideal campsite in our expert opinions. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, as we were about to leave the parking lot, as a little sign of what was to follow on our journey, the desert Trickster left an object semi-visible behind one of the parking lot boulders. For some reason we were drawn to that big rock and tucked behind it found a small glass bong attached to a full-on gas mask. Method: you slipped it on, lit up, inhaled, exhaled, and breathed it in again on your next inhalation. Oh Yeah.

We set out our tarps and sleeping bags and made a nice fire ring complete with milk crate-sized flat rocks to sit on. The temp in the canyon on that perfect October night was ideal for hanging out with only a long-sleeve shirt for warmth. Later the cooling effect would beckon a light sleeping bag. Back then we didn’t have to deal with mosquitos in the riparian canyons where there was no standing water. We never carried tents and only had Army surplus emergency tarps to tie above us in case of rain. Sure there were scorpions, fire ants, and snakes to consider, however that was the tradeoff and I’ll take it any day. No ticks either, too dry and not enough deer to serve as the primary vectors.

As the sun set and long shadows floated up the canyon walls, the time arrived for the boys to take their Medicine. Doug had shared a similar experience (he thought) when a year earlier we had both took a nice dose of mescaline sulfate crystals during a campout along a northern Rim-country wilderness stream. He was gearing up for something in the same department this night and I could see how eager he was to have his first organic button journey. Our friend the Prince had been sending 60,000 buttons at a time to a chemist in Berkeley who extracted pure mescaline and sold it to inner explorers willing to pay the $20-25 per dose price for the 100% pure crystalline spikes that were its crystals. Like tiny “Pick-up Sticks”, those skinny, spear-shaped crystals characterized authentic mescaline sulfate that was just about USP (pharmaceutical) grade.

Yes boys and girls, if you think you were doing Chocolate Mesc or something like it back in the day and you paid a typical street price of $3-8 a hit, think again. It was watered-down acid or worse yet, a light acid/PCP mix or some other devilish concoction meant to imitate the real deal. Even at the ridiculously low price the chemist paid for fresh peyote, 3-4 cents a button plus delivery charges, after careful extraction the end result was still damn expensive. Also, mescaline sulfate crystals are unique in texture and shape so no one would knowingly crush them up to cap them. When purchased from the Chemist, it came in gram bottles or larger bottles, not capsules. Our gram was in the familiar gram bottle used for coke. Ever seen one? hahaha.

I pulled out the carefully insulated quart bottle of emerald juice from my pack and opened it. One deep whiff and I knew that tonight’s precious liquor would truly be exhilarating. It would make the other ways I’d taken it seem like struggling. And I was right….at least for me. For Doug it would be another matter.

We took our fist sips and looked at each other in amazement. It was still mighty bitter, but the subsequent urge to puke was gone. The liquid stayed down. We could easily (relatively) swallow big gulps as long as we took a minute or two break in between them. As we continued, taking equal turns at the bottle, we soon had 2/3 of the juice down the hatch. At this rate we’d drink the whole bottle and definitely be on our way.

It was getting dark so I kept stoking the fire with small branches and twigs in order to keep the light on our little world until the moon was beaming down. Doug had quietly laid down on his sleeping bag, face down, while I was gathering dry sticks from the shadows. When I returned I had to figure out how he was going to finish his share of the dream juice while in his new position. I soon figured out that he wasn’t going to be moving anytime soon, let alone having another sip. I asked him to make sure and received no answer. Oh well, I couldn’t let the juice warm up and spoil so I drank the last 1/3 over the next half hour and settled in for a night of surprises.

Surprise, surprise indeed. The moon was at a low angle for most of the night and never shed an ounce of light upon us directly until somewhere around 3 am in the morning. Instead it lit up the upper cliffs, then the lower cliffs, and finally the tree tops immediately above us. Our fire was the only light in that deep hole of darkness and the idea of a hike seemed remote. We had erroneously thought that the moon would be drifting vertically above us for most of the night when it was actually just the opposite. When it was finally above us, I was long down and drifting in and out of consciousness, flat out in my Holubar down bag. Doug stayed that way for the entire next 12 hours, face down on his bag, drifting in an inner world of dream and exploration.

I’d ask him a question like, “Hey man, let’s go for a night hike by flashlight. Let’s check out the creek”. There would be no answer, no recognition that he heard me at all. He never moved and I was amazed when suddenly 5-10 minutes later, when I least expected it and was gazing into the night sky or into the brilliant flames of the fire, a voice from the ground level would answer suddenly with, “No”. I’d snap back and say, “How about something to drink? I have some ice cold water for ya”. Nothing, then 5 minutes later I’d hear, “No thanks”.

I had so much energy building up inside that my body took me for a walk. I stoked the fire so that there would be enough wood for maybe 20 minutes of firelight before it hit the coal level and lost flame. Cool….at least when he awakens he won’t still be in the dark hahaha. I stood up and headed through the brush toward the main canyon trail so that at least I wouldn’t be totally stumbling through the dark undergrowth if I hiked for a ways. Once I found the trail it was still without moonlight and almost as difficult to see as off-trail. I started down the path and came upon a good stretch that was level and free of big ankle-buster rocks. For some reason my body had to run, I think to burn off the energy that had built up like a fire from within, so off I went, trotting down that flat section of Aravaipa trail.

As I continued jogging at an easy pace, I closed my eyes. Thinking back I can’t believe I took the risk. Branches sticking out into the trail’s edge, potholes, rocks embedded in the trail, and those night-time hunters, rattlesnakes, were all possibilities. Better yet, how about running off the trail just slightly and into a good-sized cactus or the spears of an Agave or Yucca?

Once again the spirit of Peyote was real Medicine and let me see with my feet. My eyes were easily tricked in the shadows of that dark night so it’s not far-fetched to say it; my feet guided me by feeling the trail.

What seemed like a long run was suddenly over and I was back in my body, back to my mind. I stopped and listened to the night sounds, the crunching of small mammals stepping through the bushes, smaller creatures moving in the grasses, owls hooting softly in the distance, doing their call-and-response drill. I felt full, complete, and my run had settled my body. I was deep in my thoughts and frozen on that spot for many minutes, drifting, thinking? Who really was thinking? And what was this voice inside talking about anyway?

On a journey like this you can reach out and touch things, but is it you that’s touching or is it merely the body whose eyes you’ve borrowed to witness this splendid show? The senses you’ve chosen to identify with seem slightly to the left or right, definitely not in the center. You can tell that they don’t give the full picture of what’s going on, in fact you might have to close down some of those senses in order to feel peaceful, or at one.

That’s what the Medicine does, I believe. It short circuits some senses while amping up others. It spins your typical balance far off level, real far. And it gives you a voice within that you don’t quite recognize. Is it mine? And the other voice, the hollow-sounding one that emanates from your lips, well, it’s one of those delicious Medicine surprises.

picture.php

The offbeat western film, Young Guns I, was released in 1988 and featured a now-famous Peyote scene. Cowboys on Peyote with pistols and shotguns, not the recommended protocol for your first Medicine journey, however that was the script. But get this: the vocals that were laid over the actors’ real voices were like Peyote dub. They use a dreamy, deep, drawl of a voice, a 78 speed LP for a 45 LP scene. I don’t know who was the consultant for the movie, but damn they got it right: it was the voice that surprises the body it came from!

The inner Peyote voice is the teacher. It’s the voice that follows and narrates your journey all day long. It questions and has the answers as well. It’s not even close to the daily narrator and Judge we share through most of our waking hours. On a journey with mescaline sulfate, psilocybin, or LSD, the voice is profoundly absent. You get the bells and whistles, the bending of light and the supple beauty in all forms, such great visuals, but no inner voice. The voice you hear with Peyote is at once your own and simultaneously another’s. Perhaps it is our own wiser self, who knows? For whatever reason, it goes with the experience and I was glad once again to be within its presence.

Eventually I crashed out and spent the remaining early morning hours drifting between worlds, dazzled at the shapes around me that were transformed by the full moonlight that finally shone straight down upon our camp. I fell asleep for a few hours and awoke to Doug sitting by the fireplace as if nothing had happened, carefully stoking the morning warm-up fire. I always say that when you awaken from your first sleep after a Medicine journey, your mind is clearer than the day before you ate the Peyote. Doug was no exception. Bright and alert, he greeted me and asked what actually took place last night. I told him, “I know what happened to me; what happened to you?” He gazed peacefully toward the cliffs that were literally vibrating in the morning sun and looking back said, Johnny, I had the weirdest dreams.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Done a LOT of acid in the 80's Blotter. Micro dot, sugar cubes, these Gelatine pyramids, and of course lots of Shrooms too. I never got to try Peyote. about Six Months ago My friend in Crestone Co. told Me to come back in 2 weeks. they had a Medicene Woman from Az. coming up to do a Traditional ceremony, gonna drink at sunset and feast on a Mule Deer that would roast all night, in the morning. I wanted REAL BAD to make the 900mile trip back, but simply could not afford to make it. I was very honored to be invited.
I still have time to do this. it may not be a true ceremony, but I still want to take this trip.
I am not real sure what the traditional ceremony intails, but would like to respect the spiritual nature of this Gift.

Peace; 1TT

dddaver

Veteran
I shared smoking a Peyote button provided by a friend at lunch in high school. LONG time ago. In the early '70s. I never really knew if I got much out of it as we also smoked joints.

LONG story bro. I only got to the part as you start drinking the juice. Nature calls. I'll try to finish the Carlos Castaneda like novella later, thanks. :biggrin: I do like the subject matter and prose, you are a good writer, but you must be MAJOR bored. :tumbleweed:

:laughing: Almost as if like you are looking for some dumb-ass review, right?

Madjag

Veteran
Bored?? I Never Have The Time To Be....

Bored?? I Never Have The Time To Be....

:biggrin: I do like the subject matter and prose, you are a good writer, but you must be MAJOR bored. :tumbleweed:

:laughing: Almost as if like you are looking for some dumb-ass review, right?

Your feedback is welcome anytime. I write for my own fun and enjoyment.

I write my reminisces slowly, over several days. Then I re-read and edit, trying to make sense and to keep some sort of logical timeline. Some stories come out better than others, especially if the subject matter is compelling like the world of weed or such.

I'm up at 5am every day, bed at 9, and have a full schedule. Sometimes at work I have time to add a little to what I'm currently writing. Bored is a word I am totally unfamiliar with other than using it to provide inspiration to get more and more into everything that interests me in the world.....which is just about everything. I stopped watching TV 15 years ago and only watch a nightly movie on Netflix. 90 minutes a day of space-out time to top off the day's multi-tasking. On weekends, I'm building things like patios, walls, sheds instead of watching football, or in cooler weather, I'm off-trail exploring the next desert mystery canyon.

Though I'm comfortable sitting on a canyon cliff and watching a long sunset, I'm equally at home exploring Park Slope in Brooklyn or downtown Manhattan, as I will be at Christmas, having Jamaican food with my Rasta friends and going to the museum.

To paraphrase my youngest daughter's saying,
"Life is a fucking mystery and the less I understand it, the better it gets."

May your life be filled with satisfying moments for all your waking hours.

Peace,
MJ

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Juicing does the trick? :biggrin: I'll tell you that chopping things up and making a jello salad doesn't work too well. LOL :puke:

We used to say, "It's all in your mind ... until it comes out your mouth."

Last edited:

dddaver

Veteran
Thanks dude!

I go to bed early and get up long before the break of dawn too. That is my favorite part of the day, when I can think clearer, without all the inane distractions that are foisted on us and seem to be just part of modern everyday life now.

Peace.

donb5

Hey Madjag
Guess I can reply here right after ur latest post though I'm still way below my 50 needed posts. Howdy to you young fellow (not sure what 'young' really means but I say it means an active mind) Hope things are well for u and urs. - donb

Madjag

Veteran
Glad You're Here

Glad You're Here

Hey Don,

Hang out ahwile and keep posting....it's a lot bigger than the Lab was, or for that matter, MNS. You can get lost chasing down info and some of the threads like the one dedicated to Tom Hill by Jenn are legendary:
"The growing large plants, outdoors, thread..."

Don Mallard is onboard and so is Robo and others. Once you hit 50 posts let me know.

MJ

Last edited:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The inner Peyote voice is the teacher. It’s the voice that follows and narrates your journey all day long. It questions and has the answers as well. It’s not even close to the daily narrator and Judge we share through most of our waking hours. On a journey with mescaline sulfate, psilocybin, or LSD, the voice is profoundly absent. You get the bells and whistles, the bending of light and the supple beauty in all forms, such great visuals, but no inner voice. The voice you hear with Peyote is at once your own and simultaneously another’s. Perhaps it is our own wiser self, who knows? For whatever reason, it goes with the experience and I was glad once again to be within its presence.

great story mad jag,

once I started reading this, I immediately thought of the movie YOUNG GUNS, lol

there is so much truth in your experience, this is the context in which psychedelics are supposed to, and should be used.

I think that "voice" is a signal or frequency or radiation/energy... or what ever one wants to use to define it... is actually something that is always there (omnipresent?), however subtle it may be, and psychedelics simply quiet our minds and lower our waking state... beta brain waves to levels more sensitive to that "energy" thereby making it better received and interpreted by our brains...

plant teachers are great tools to become re acquainted so one may "know thy self" the key, I think, is using those tools to learn to maintain some form of constant relationship with your "true self" without trippin' and I have (more recently) began to realize the benefits of living from that space and being able to recognize that subtle quiet voice of righteousness among the constant loud annoyance of ego and mind... and through that I feel like I have started to become a better human and a better physical representation of, in your words, my own "wiser self"

I'm gonna have to go back and read more from this thread!