What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old cultivars

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
remember trying jerry berry one summer 04-05 maybe. came round few times never saw it again.it was for sure nice on the nose

LMOG

I grew the Friesland/pluton hybrid (freezeland) first in 08 and my friends said it was jerry berry. We’ve grown lots of freeze and crosses over the years. Here’s a Mother of berry x freezeland from last season:

That’s interesting. Basically the same thing I was told. The mob freeze was staple for a while. Some had the orange gassy smell some more pineapple/papaya. A friend of mine compared it to the long valley royal kush which I thought would be interesting if they were related (closely or distantly) probably not but not impossible.

remember trying jerry berry one summer 04-05 maybe. came round few times never saw it again.it was for sure nice on the nose

Jerry Berry is basically freezeland clone developed up in Canada, I've grown freezeland almost every year outdoors, one of the only legit varietals that handles our harsh climate

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi

Do you know if it is the Red Grapefruit cut or Mandarin cut of Soma's NYCD ?
Europe and even USA have been looking for the NYCD Red Grapefruit cut for 10 or more years since it was lost in Europe and replaced with the Mandarin cut, id give anything for that cut , 1 of the best cuts ever and in my top 3 of all time
There’s a soma nycd cut floating around here as well

Hi

Do you know if it is the Red Grapefruit cut or Mandarin cut of Soma's NYCD ?
Europe and even USA have been looking for the NYCD Red Grapefruit cut for 10 or more years since it was lost in Europe and replaced with the Mandarin cut, id give anything for that cut , 1 of the best cuts ever and in my top 3 of all time

Is the red grapefruit cut a pheno of the same genetics or a different cultivar?

I've been in VT my whole life I have a toooon of NYCD seed from lbs i use to get back in the day (10yrs ago), I havent gotten around to growing them out myself

yardgrazer

If you don't mind me asking, aren't tons of seeds a pretty good indication that someone missed a few herm plants? I understand the appeal of old seeds for sure, and used to hold onto them myself, but that's not a good trait.

I breed most of my genetics via open pollination with several males & females to preserve biodiversity. I've only homogenized a few cultivars for medicinal use myself. I got off the MMJ registry years ago.. SVW was selling me mids for 55-60 a 8th

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes the Red Grapefruit cut is just a select pheno of Soma's New York City Diesel, smelled and tasted of Red Ripe Grapefruit and is the best smelling and tasting strain i have ever tried. The only downside is it was a real daytime strain and not very potent at all but man that taste i could smoke it all day long.
Is the red grapefruit cut a pheno of the same genetics or a different cultivar?

I've been in VT my whole life I have a toooon of NYCD seed from lbs i use to get back in the day (10yrs ago), I havent gotten around to growing them out myself

Yes the Red Grapefruit cut is just a select pheno of Soma's New York City Diesel, smelled and tasted of Red Ripe Grapefruit and is the best smelling and tasting strain i have ever tried. The only downside is it was a real daytime strain and not very potent at all but man that taste i could smoke it all day long.

I pretty sure i've come across the pheno before, in my teens I use to gorilla grow small patches in a local national forest, all I had at the time was northern lights and NYCD. They acclimate pretty well to our northern climate.
The NYCD has several phenos from what I remember, one of my favorites was this daaank mango/diesel pheno....This convo makes me wants to pop a few just to see if their still viable. lol

Sunshineinabag

Go out into nature and smoke some bud bro, its not all about you, some us are just trying to socialize during the pandemic.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I take advice or anything from you after the way you started here...once folks dive in.....those with crit thinking and commen sense will see my apprehensive mindset is warranted

It'll be a cold day in hell before I take advice or anything from you after the way you started here...once folks dive in.....those with crit thinking and commen sense will see my apprehensive mindset is warranted

Let it go guy, the internet is a drug, some people get off on it too much. I didnt offer you anything. I'm over here smoking nugs not worrying about it, apparently you're a little too stressed out, as you keep commenting adversarially but dont even know me personally. Not concerned nor worried.

the AG is fire

What I'd like to see is the old school Pine Bud that was floating around a few years back, granted it was kinda mids, but that high was nice with that dirty rubber pine flavor. I havent seen it in awhile would love to scoop up some seeds for a few projects

Latest posts

Latest posts