What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old cultivars

LMOG

Not much of an Aerosmith fan.... more like the phish or those other guys. Funny how Jerry berry was kinda low end back in the day compared to some real heady but it was sure fucking sweet to smell when all ya saw was beasties for the last 6 months.

The smell of autumnal goodness.

The AG however was the smell of gassy skunk fires. Miss you �� we still think about her.

And what happened to that blackish purple stuff?

Positive vibration.

Sunshineinabag

im not a fan of trey sorry, then again im old enough to be his father! I dont know what you mean low end, cause the berries that came our way were certainly not that! I couldnt see any reason to smoke beasters unless you cant grow or your local outdoor farmers have shut things down..........last time i saw beasters a crackhead was selling it to support his habit.
You dont have to be an aerosmith fan man. I gotta wonder how many banned folks have new accounts here........

LMOG

Oh man so sick, where to begin, yea you got me dated brother. I’m new in the sense that I only trolled for the last twenty years, mostly just the rols thread and the T hill 1000 page outd thread. I think my buddy posted some pics of some bubblegum under an mh with a waterfall dwc setupbefore og got shutdown, def kept me a little scarce as well as some other occurrences.

Also new in the sense that trey could def be my dad. Gotta admit the dudes got licks. Eat the rich was prob my fav album circa 90s before finding the hippies.
In suburban/urban areas outties were not really a regular thing until I was a little older. I mean who WANTS to smoke beaster? My first successful flower was nl/bb x bb from dr atomic from the place above blunt brothers on hastings in van. You better believe that shit was gone before it ever got a decent cure (except maybe one nug if the nl leaner). So it was always with sweet tooth, c99, bbak. Then the bubblegum etc. Everything was scarce back then as many prob can recall. Never enough fire. Most of the time it was beaster or mersh or headies.
Beaster = better than mersh
Jerry berry (at least where I was) = massive outd influx with low ticket, good look/smell (low cost versus ins/headies)
AG=the fucking chronic like for real fire

So def not low end quality mostly just number but def couldn’t hold a candle to the Ag we saw. Or sour.

Anyways nice chatting with ya, happy to share some Jerry berry/freeze land beans that been rollin around here somewhere. Jah guide.

Perhaps some of the legendary Free Leonard would be appropriate..

Walpole island was the only place I can say that I have seen weed truly growing freely, even though the odds of rippers was pretty bad during the nightime. Used to move the garden at dusk into a screened porch for extra security.

HerbChambers

Still hoping to see some new pics of Jerry Berry. The last bags of Jerry Berry I got to see was probably around 2003 or 04. The last batch I saw was a noticeable improvement over some of the previous years.

LMOG if you ever want to share any of those JB Freeze beans this way I’m sure I could return the favor.

Anyone remember Vermont Reggae Fest? That was one of my first exposures to heady nuggets.

Last edited:

LMOG

I do remember hearing of it but never attended... how about garden of eden fest? Love to all those peeps wherever you are! HC.... I’ve got you, lemme poke around and dig some up and we will work it out. I might have put down a nug here somewhere.... the crosses came out a bit darker in many than the Jb I remember which was light pretty light green if I can recall. They def varied and there was a lot of the orangie skunky pine smell from the original Jerry berry (was “verified” or “certified” also by a buddy of mine who grew up in vt right near the famous Jake B....). He was def surprised to smell those terps after almost a decade. The other phenos were actually very interesting,
A papayish lighter green with pine pheno. I have a magnum opus which has a similar if not a bit louder citrus pine skunk to it. Not quite the monster veg that the Jbfreeze is/was.

LMOG

Oh n peace pipe... hilarious. I thought you at first were referring to the famous Leonard Peltier. God Bless. But I believe it’s a lynyrd skynrd freebird ref? I think that was the last show I jumped a fence to get into :). I think deep purple opened. Fire in the sky.

LMOG

Want to update anyone interested, I did see some Jerry berry flowers that were pretty representational of what I remember/have seen 3-5 years ago abundantly. Probably similar pheno and lineage, I wasn’t totally interested in that particular batch but it was interesting and now I’m regretting now not procuring an appropriate sample for getting medicated/documentation, but I should be seeing it again soon and I’ll inquire a bit more into origins and availability of cultivar/geneplasm.

LMOG

Found some old beans freezeland x nl5haze made by a friend... the freezeland was presented to me as Jerry Berry’s and I know there are some In crosses somewhere... unfortunately given the global situation I haven’t been able to obtain any of the local currently available Jerry berry flower, but I do plan on seeing said individual sooner or later

Take really Good care everyone

highsteppa

Veteran
I grew the Friesland/pluton hybrid (freezeland) first in 08 and my friends said it was jerry berry. We’ve grown lots of freeze and crosses over the years. Here’s a Mother of berry x freezeland from last season:

Attachments

• 305A5F17-09E9-4C1E-A410-B7C607F7B731.jpg
    305A5F17-09E9-4C1E-A410-B7C607F7B731.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 82

highsteppa

Veteran
...and some ecsd x freeze as well. These run a little later like first week in oct.

Attachments

• 7D6ED59A-FE60-4189-9531-5FC93F3E471D.jpg
    7D6ED59A-FE60-4189-9531-5FC93F3E471D.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Latest posts