What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oink.cd busted by Dutch & British pig cops

pineappaloupe

here are my 2 cents:

1- the music industry produces music and gives little back to the artists to start with

2- then they pawn off this over priced disposable medium on us. how many times hav eyou had to repurchase an album from use. not because i stepped on it, or was careless, just because CD's are by nature disposable and short term storage.

I would gladly pay $15 for an album that I will have for the rest of my life...

and another thing, for obscure music... go try to find something along the lines of King Sunny Ade at any music store.. good luck.

the music industry needs to realize their product is shit. one hit wonder albums all day long. bad business model on top of it all.

yeah i download music. I dont have the money to purchase 50 miles davis albums.. so i DL/d the discography. in the past ive spent hundreds on his albums.

thats all.

PS I was reading another message board discussing oink and as one member put it:

"In other news we just spent $68billion more in Iraq."

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
well i hashed things out with mr. stoner4life and i have come to the conclusion that, IMO, the artists have to work smarter for themselves and not harder for their music companies. if i am going to buy anything, i would want to find a way to get it from the artist or maybe find a venue that the actual artist has started for him/herself. the artists blackmoon are a good example of some people who are doing it for themselves, just like master p is (stoner4life knows what im talking about).

to me if you are going to be into the sales of your craft, you should not only know your craft, but understand and know the buisness behind it for yourself, it has been, is and will be done by others. IMO, learning the business for your craft should be the main concern for any artist with viable talent.

are people gonna steal their/our/your work? of course, its the ugly side of human nature. are people gonna steal their/our/ your cannabis? of course its ,once agian, the ugly side of human nature, BUT if you safegaurd yourself as an artists, then you can minimize to the point of totally deterring anyone from stealing your work.

people are people, and although we all have moral standing, some peoples moral standing is worse than others (i.e. -there are KKK people that can make an actual argument for white supremacy, now dont go crazy i am black, so it is an example of what people consider moraly right). everyone puts a value on something, jsut make sure your value system matches up to your moral system and well all be ok, but remember karmas a BYATCH!!!