What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Chem poor germ rate?

T

TREE KING

Well, my OG Chems (2) and Chemmy Jones (2) are in flower and both have thrown numerous male flowers during and up to 4th week of flowering. Have other strains growing in there too without issues. Really hope that the final weight/smoke makes up for the disappointments so far.

First time going with Connoisseur Genetics and it looks like it'l be my last. Not bashing on them as breeders as they seem to have some very interesting things in the works with many happy customers.

Hope others have better luck!

is this the new og chem or the old version?

Hamburglar

From what I am aware it's the old version of the OG Chem, as I placed my order/received beans before the announcement of the new version.

T

TREE KING

Yeah. I got nowhere with replacements either.

TCannabliss and OJD are seem like awesome dudes, but the genetics and customer service left me kind of upset.

so the old version of og chem didnt germ for you then they gave you seeds of the new version with the new male and those didnt germ either?

T

TREE KING

From what I am aware it's the old version of the OG Chem, as I placed my order/received beans before the announcement of the new version.

gotcha thanks sorry to hear about the problems. like 33 secret recipe's outta 44 popped for me i never tried the og chem though

JGP

All of my OG chem have failed to germinate :( They were bought from attitude seedbank about 6 months ago and were kept in fridge.I'm feeling a bit gutted TBH as I was looking forward to them.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone with problems send me a pm and will look into and see what i can do

peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also hamburglar not saying you chating shit

but i put alot of those seeds out and had minimal to none i can think of so you might of had a light leak for all of them to throw banana or male flowers
or you been hella unlucky
for all of them to hermi seems strange
you got any pics?

anyway send me a pm and we will try and work something out

peace

JGP

I PM'd you ojd but no reply, don't think I want to risk trying to grow OG Chem again anyway as it seems unstable going by the reports I've read off here.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Og chem (the original one) wasn't a prob when I grew it and no bad germ rates. I. bought another pack after initial run and will give them a go again soon. Strong and tastey herb....still have a few pcs from my harvest back in april :) good vibez

jackpot7

got 11 seeds in my pack...all sprouted... 9 females... all phenos did well outdoors! 4 phenos def keepers thanks for the great genetics!!! blessings

Hamburglar

I've PM'd OJD a few days back with pictures of the male flowers showing on my ogc female. No reply yet.

My friend who I gifted some cuts to also experienced male flowers from both of the ogc phenos. :(

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I've PM'd OJD a few days back with pictures of the male flowers showing on my ogc female. No reply yet.

My friend who I gifted some cuts to also experienced male flowers from both of the ogc phenos. :(

wait, you didn't expect that from a Chem cross? Seems most throw nuts if not full on flowers

but they are easy do deal with and most often full of blanks

B

bench warmer

Just finished growing an OG Chem.

Only germinated one seed which grew quick & vigorously.

She experienced high salt toxicity, repeated droughts in coco, prolonged high heat & cold temps, erratic nute & pH fluctuations, root binding, repeated supercropping & an excessively long flowering period.

No nanners & the plentiful buds look & smell fantastic.

I'm glad I got a few packs of this strain.
:thank you:

M

Mr frost

Out of 11 seeds, only 5 cracked and showed a tail, and only 2 managed to sprout.

I know my methods aren't to claim as the freebie pack of Chemmy Jones all popped and had tails a good day before the OG Chems showed any signs of life. Out of the 11 Chemmy Jones all 11 popped an 10 made it above soil. Germination was done by placing seeds in folded moist paper towel in a tuppaware container and placing it on top of the Satellite TV box.

Bit disappointed as I mainly wanted to be growing the OG Chem out. Neither strain has been sexed/flowered yet, so I hope something good comes from the 2 lonesome OGCs!

Anyone else had this happen with the OG Chem or did I just have bad luck?
i have the og chem they just poped up above the coco two weeks ago i only poped 5 and they all germed maybe you can try other methods to get better germ rates first u can lightly scuff the edges of the seeds with i light fine grit sandpaper as sometimes the seeds are sealed so tight water cant get in and if water does get in the seed shell might be to sealed to open so by scuffing you aviod this problem. i do this with all my seeds and have a very high germ rate. Second you can use a water bottle with a little bit of r.o water and let them saok in the water bottle for 24 to 36 hours in a warm dark place once you see the tail you can plant them in you medium make sure there is no nutes in your medium and wait till the cotoledons open and the first set of apical meristem leaves start to grow then you can use a nute formula of 300 pm and build up the ppm as the plants get bigger hope you find this info helpful

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i didnt get mine from attitude...all mine germed,still in veg now.
interesting info on the attitude stock though.
peace-T-

M

Mr frost

a lot of chems have hermie flower but usually enviromental stress with make them more expressed but if you have the time carefully
examine your flowers and as soon as you spot a hermie sack u can clip it or them off and help reduce the amount of nanners
bless up

M

Mr frost

Sucks VP. I just wanted to chime in here whole at work to say that the granddoggy purps I ordered...all germed and were exremely vigorous and healthy plants. So to anyone reading this, thinking about not giving cgs your business...don't let op's experience steer you away. These guys are solid.

Cheerz
i have a few granddoggy purps only a few weeks old did you finish your and how did you like the quality of the gdp did you make clones and would you run em again just curious as what to expect from this strain at what strength did you use nutes at medium or aggressive just want to see what they liked

shakas braddah

LubdaNugs

Veteran
Just popped four more OG Chem seeds. All four showed tails within a day. Hopefully they all sprout, we'll see in a few days.