What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Seed Harvest, Storing, Curing, ect. Thread

bun1

Great thread, I don't really have anything to add to it(maybe a pic), you guys have pretty much said it all.

I'll post some pics of my seeds from my last run(if I can). I pollinated a very nice Malana female(Sativa, Landrace) with a Lebanese male(Indica, Landrace).

I've planted four total so far, and three are in perfect heath(one never came up).

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
^Sounds like an exotic hybid that could be something very special...and feel free to add any info or pics. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the thread, especially nobull for answering any questions while I had a temporary hiatus.

bun1

Here's my pics :)

Seeded buds

picture.php

picture.php

Here's the seeds Malana x Lebanese.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:)

grapeman

Veteran
We store pollen in date cultivation. This storage of pollen has been researched by scientists for decades.. since the 1960's or so.

A google search for "Date Pollen storage" might be insightful.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
What pollen do you have grapeman and what's your results over the years, ie what's the longest it's lastest, best temps, storage containers, ect.

This thread continues to thrive, I'm glad so many are contributing.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I really appreciate the wonderful information here. I am about a week away from harvesting my first seed run, and it has been an intriguing process for sure. Having grown nothing but sensi before, I really did not understand how much energy the plants uses to make seeds. All of my buds are significantly smaller despite being packed with seeds.

I did an open pollination with a BOG Sour Lifesaver male and four different females. I released pollen from day 14 through day 21. Three of the females came from a mix pack from icmag member ft100 called the Fairytale mix, which consisted of Sour Bubble, Double Strawberry Diesel, Chemdog D & Querkle. The fourth lady was my BOG Sour Lifesaver keeper, and despite being a hybrid, this should create some interesting "F2"s.

I will post some pics after I have separated the seeds. I am expecting at least 1000 seeds per plant and will be donating some in mix packs to seedbay.

WFF

nobull56

ICMag Donor
Great job WaterFarm, next time around try to save & freeze some of your pollen in case that MALE WAS HOT!!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Great thread and awesome info to be found, Thank You to the OP and contributors :biggrin:

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
I have some great white shark pollen stored in dated packs in the freezer right now. I've been using the silica packs from pill bottles as desiccant. when I get them I just put it in a warm place for a week, I put mine on top of my modem to dry it out. Them place it in the container with the pollen packs, then in the fridge, then in the freezer. Seems to work OK anyway.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Thanks NoBull! I still have a clone of the male with my mothers. I am really going to enjoy exploring the seeds I create, as well as watching others. I give everything to BOG, Rez, Sub Cool & ft100 for making my job very easy. I really hope I got lucky on the male, but with the pedigree it should be smokin hot either way.

WFF

old toby

i know this is one of those -high is up questions! but inside off a 3 foot plant approx how many seeds are produced? to get some beans for my future use do seed one plant or several.? thankxx:thank you::tiphat:

bun1

i know this is one of those -high is up questions! but inside off a 3 foot plant approx how many seeds are produced? to get some beans for my future use do seed one plant or several.? thankxx:thank you::tiphat:

Nobody can really tell you approximately how many you will get but if you pollinate the whole plant, you should get thousands of seeds.

You can seed as many plants as you like, anything from 1 single bud on the plant to 1000 plants.

On my last run I had a plant that was LST'ed in a 2L pot witch had 12 separate buds. I didn't even pollenate the whole plant and got over 400 seeds.

nobull56

ICMag Donor

Out doors on a three foot plant I take ONE BRANCH and have no prob getting a few hundred seeds by hand pollenating.

K

KSP

Thanks for starting this thread, and thanks for everyone's input. I'm just getting started making seeds, and have been wondering best ways to store them. These below are (Angolese X Meao Thai) X Michoacan Verde Limon, I was gifted the beans of the parents to me. I keep them in a glassine envelope in a cool dark place. In about six or seven weeks I'll have Orient Express X Panama; (Angolese X Meao Thai) X Panama, China Yunnan X Panama, and Panama X Panama. I likes Panama. :D Most may end up in freezer; I'll post methods and results as I get them.

amtvl.jpg

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very good looking beans brother! Any pics of that Michoacan Verde Limon plant can you tell us more about it? I really like the sound of it. ;)

K

KSP

Very good looking beans brother! Any pics of that Michoacan Verde Limon plant can you tell us more about it? I really like the sound of it. ;)

Thanks bro. I saw your post last night and looked for some pics but couldn't find them. I had one female and one male; I took pollen from the male. The female was fairly compact and fast, about 9-10 weeks, she had large leaves (I think some have thinner leaves), gave a decent yield, and a "happy" high, not too strong but nice. I am going to put more seeds in on Friday, and will probably have a thread on it. Here's what dubi had to say about the VL:

It's a fast flowering (10-12 weeks) mexican strain, inbred in spain a few generations. Potency is not very high but high quality effect, very happy effect. It's a great sativa to cross with other stronger long flowering sats and reduce flowering times in hybrids without add indica genes. Indeed it is one of the sativas used to create CBG's Destroyer hybrid ( thai x mexican/colombian genes ). -dubi

Not a lot to be found on IC about the strain.

Latest posts

Latest posts