What's new

Official 4/20 Growers and Breeders Cup 2009 Info..

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran

Phew, blagged one, can relax now....

What I look for in a judge is a clearly independent enthusiast that has no irons in the fire as to the outcome of the event and can attempt and hopefully succeed in being able to judge the event fairly and without prejudice.....none of the judges know what variety is what when they are judged blindly like this.

Bearing in mind this, I got a pass for a category I have not entered, I have not seen this stated explicitly, but guess it is how you would like it done ?

K

Karma Genetics

yes you can not judge when you enter... Thats the rules.

I even told my local friends they could not judge as that would also not been fair.

jaybee

I jumped the gun, sorry! Tix are up and I already grabbed one. If we are going to be in amsterdam early (before 16th) can we pay you there?

Cant wait to start the judging, gonna be awesome! See y'all there!

JB

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
yes you can not judge when you enter... Thats the rules.

I even told my local friends they could not judge as that would also not been fair.

Cool, but I am fine judging another category ?

Guess so, cannot think of a reason why not, I will keep myself far away from the other classes & not talk to anybody about it.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Me too Hazy but just being there makes it all worth while to me and getting to wake Mr.Haze up early and dragging him around to the shops all spun out on Whackistani!!!
Now thats a party in itself!!!

H

Hazyfontazy

Me too Hazy but just being there makes it all worth while to me and getting to wake Mr.Haze up early and dragging him around to the shops all spun out on Whackistani!!!
Now thats a party in itself!!!

yeah i'm looking forward to waking and baking mrhaze style and getting wacked on wackistani lol

THC4SIM

waking and baking is what its about!, start the day off right!!
we sorted a venue yet guys??

J

JackTheGrower

Brutal.

Looks like I'm sourcing my own smokeables and getting trashed with the other dropouts.. :joint:

Why is that Bad?

i'd like to be a judge but I'm a humble medical person.. Looking forward to what was called a Hospital Joint back in 78-79 and willing to share...

I'd be a phony judge given my background of growing three strains for 8 years.

Toke .. drink.. eat.. dance.. sing! That's what i hope to do.

Drop-out is a misnomer LOL.. Dysfunctionaly adaptive is what I would call it today.

Hey I will have smoke to spare!

Jack

F

fizzbomb

fs man, do you get a hooker threw in for they prices, ok here go's.

There is a couple of questions that i would like to ask and i hope mine dont get ignored also, first 1 is, Hash passes will be available soon once we get an Idea of the amount of entry's we have, so surely you must have a rough idea how many entry's of the sativa and indica you have??, im sure the question was asked a couple of times in this thread but it still has not been answered yet, I for 1 would like to know what im buying before I buy it, so how many roughly samples are in the indica and sativa passes.

I was lucky enough to attend the event last year, I was a judge, I have been saving all year for this event, booked my flights and accomadtion, its like the way a kid waits all year for christmas, thats how much i have been looking forward to it, been telling friends about it also, im sure gypsy said in a post recently that the tickets prices wont be that much different from last year, well lasy year it was 200 euro for a judge pack, in that I got about 10 sativa samples and about 10 indica samples and about 4 hash samples, was well happy with what i got and the money i paid, but this year something is not right, the ticket prices are crazy, and this is why im asking, what do you get for your money, im sure others would like an answer to the question also, tbh i was planning on going over and getting a judge pass, smoking at my own pace with my own friends, tbh im not into meeting up with 100's of people, its just not me, and i wont be listening to arjan also, i have nothing against the guy whatsoever, its just not MY thing, i wanted to go over and pay for a pass, judge the samples and hand in my sheet, and tbh, I would expect 30 samples in each indica and 30 in sativa for that kinda money, £270 and that is just for an indica or sativa pass, so the big question is, what do you get for your money, im 1 of they kinda people that like to know what they get before they buy, im not into lucky dips or mystery packages, lol, i will have to know what i get before i part with any ££££, I know this is my first post but this was the only reason I registered, was so i could reply in this thread and maybe get some answers. sorry for the small rant.

mr.haze420

Veteran
fs man, do you get a hooker threw in for they prices, ok here go's.

There is a couple of questions that i would like to ask and i hope mine dont get ignored also, first 1 is, Hash passes will be available soon once we get an Idea of the amount of entry's we have, so surely you must have a rough idea how many entry's of the sativa and indica you have??, im sure the question was asked a couple of times in this thread but it still has not been answered yet, I for 1 would like to know what im buying before I buy it, so how many roughly samples are in the indica and sativa passes.

I was lucky enough to attend the event last year, I was a judge, I have been saving all year for this event, booked my flights and accomadtion, its like the way a kid waits all year for christmas, thats how much i have been looking forward to it, been telling friends about it also, im sure gypsy said in a post recently that the tickets prices wont be that much different from last year, well lasy year it was 200 euro for a judge pack, in that I got about 10 sativa samples and about 10 indica samples and about 4 hash samples, was well happy with what i got and the money i paid, but this year something is not right, the ticket prices are crazy, and this is why im asking, what do you get for your money, im sure others would like an answer to the question also, tbh i was planning on going over and getting a judge pass, smoking at my own pace with my own friends, tbh im not into meeting up with 100's of people, its just not me, and i wont be listening to arjan also, i have nothing against the guy whatsoever, its just not MY thing, i wanted to go over and pay for a pass, judge the samples and hand in my sheet, and tbh, I would expect 30 samples in each indica and 30 in sativa for that kinda money, £270 and that is just for an indica or sativa pass, so the big question is, what do you get for your money, im 1 of they kinda people that like to know what they get before they buy, im not into lucky dips or mystery packages, lol, i will have to know what i get before i part with any ££££, I know this is my first post but this was the only reason I registered, was so i could reply in this thread and maybe get some answers. sorry for the small rant.

all your questions are legitimate and should be answered. the passes are alot of money.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It is difficult to know how many entries we will get untill the 16th which is the last day anyone can enter.....alot of entries show up at the last moment.......and since the Judges packs have to go out on the 17th, that does'nt give us alot of time to organize things....

Already we have had many 'pledges' from breeders/growers to send in entries, but until we actually receive them we will not know the exact number of entries.....I am hoping for 20 to 30 this year.....but we shall see..

J

JackTheGrower

The Answer is Capitalism.

Economics and the Dollar to Euro is the Basis of the costs. Imo

Can any one dispute my definition?

So the bottom line for us and Amsterdam IS value for money spent.

I think it's like sharks feeding; The High season for tourism.

Damn the World economic crises.. We count on Weed to get us through hard times.

Plus Queen's day is just around the the bend with the Obama hug....

I plan to have a HIGH time no mater what!

Jack

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
It's all about the get-together...If you can afford to judge then judge...If not then show up to have a good time and meet friends....

Something for everyone................................CC

F

fizzbomb

tyvm for your reply gypsy, I was not looking for an exact figure, just a rough 1, so you think about maybe 20-30 entries, im thinking this is all in, so say you get the 30 entries, 15 for indica and 15 for sativa, and say i wanted to purchase both passes because im a greedy fucker and i like my weed, totally cost is £540 and thats not including the hash samples yet, so basically for a 30g oz im paying £540 is that right????

now this is kinda put a downer on this full event for ME, as i said i seen a post not that long ago saying the prices would not be that much different from last year, this is supposed to be a fun event, there is nothing fun about paying all that money for a pass, all the entries were sent in for free, and there was also the icmag 420 cup seeds sales, so why so much this time???

people can think what they like about me, am i pissed, you fucking bet i am, been looking forward to this event all year to be priced out of having the chance to become a judge, when all the talk leading up to it was the prices will be fair, what is fair about they prices, if its 20-30 samples in each category then maybe the £270 can be justified to myself to pay it,but if your only getting the 15 samples in each category, im sorry i really cant justify paying that kinda money to be a judge, even with my flights and accomadtion already booked. That works out about £18 a g ffs, today im so fucking sad man, its like telling a kid that santa is not coming this year, thats how i feel, cheers for making the tickets so expensive, fucks me right up this year. should be fun for the lucky 1s who can afford the passes, and i hope every1 has a good time, gl.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Many of those that do acquire a Judges pack end up sharing with those that don't and often we have had surplus packs which we always just hand out free of charge.......