What's new

Official 4/20 Growers and Breeders Cup 2009 Info..

M

mosca negra

All Right! Looking forward to finally meeting you,too, Hazy!

This is going to be legendary! Some serious Smoke Sessions planned. Everyone better get their beauty sleep!!

Cheers!

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If any one gets lost, just follow the line of stoners :D

Great news Gypsy! :yes:

Only one thing, kinda confusing: Checking in at the Cannabis Collegue, but the venue is the Pollinator? Are they walking distance? Whats' the deal?

My heart is broken by having to decide between hashes and sativas :chin: but it's all good.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
the Polinator company is walking distance from the The Cannabis College.......a good walk head up past the Bluebird and across Waterlooplien....but you could always take a tram, bike or cab there.....

I will be posting a more concise list of places where we can meet up soon.....Aryan has given us the use of the Greenhouse coffeeshop on Haarlemerstraat also throughout the cup.....so we will be having a wake and bake there probably on saturday morning.....

The idea is for attendees to check in at the Cannabis College then they will be given a program of where to go and at what times events will be happening....

ElRubio

Veteran
Amazing and very good news Gypsy... and more passes than the last year!
i´ll be there "coughing" too hehe

Best wishes

neuroherb

Sounds like a good tie up with the cannabis college there Gypsy. Should arrive on the afternoon of the 17th when will check in be available at the cannabis college from.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Yeah, definately a good hookup with the College. Got massive respect for the guys & girls down there, and the grower I met there has a wealth of knowledge to share, top bloke - I assume it's always the same guy?

Ickis

Veteran
Did old pink send out the secret info to people yet? I haven't got it yet. I am probably just being a Nervous Nelly but I am in the states so it is a long journey via the postal service and it is April 1st.

I have been anxiously waiting for this pot tournament for 1 year and I don't want to mess it up because I was too shy to ask "Where is the secret info?"

I'm ready to rumble and it is on like Donkey Kong.

J

JackTheGrower

I'm not sure how to participate in the cup.

I don't have anything to enter but I'd like to be a part what do i do? do I need a pass? Do I have to register with someone?
Maybe I missed the info.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm not sure how to participate in the cup.

I don't have anything to enter but I'd like to be a part what do i do? do I need a pass? Do I have to register with someone?
Maybe I missed the info.

....all you need to do is show up at the Cannabis College from 11am on the 18th April to be given instructions on the events/times and places......please make a small donation to the Cannabis College when there....

J

JackTheGrower

....all you need to do is show up at the Cannabis College from 11am on the 18th April to be given instructions on the events/times and places......please make a small donation to the Cannabis College when there....

Thanks you,
I tend to stress a bit.

Jack

Ickis

Veteran
I got the info to send the weed entry but now there is another hurdle. There are two separate categories now for Breeders and Independents. WHY?? I want to see how my weed stacks up against the Breeders as well as independent growers. I want to kick Soma's ass. That is what I want. I want to win or lose against Soma and Arjan. They don't even enter their own stuff so what difference does it make. Soma sells NYCD which is an S1 basically and Arjan entered ChemDog last year.

I wouldn't care if it was like this last year but it wasn't. Now there are separate independent and breeders categories. Unless the Breeders can only enter stuff they have actually bred then why not have everybody in the same contest?

That was the fun in entering to me. Seeing how I stacked up against someone like Soma. I am not wasting good weed to send to a contest that I don't have a chance to win or lose the overall 420 Cup.

The 420 Cup dream has died. It isn't the end of the world and it is still a cool event. I just wanted people to know why I have lost interest. I am not disrespecting the independent growers either. It's just that winning or losing to Independent Grower X does not tell me how I stack up against Soma, Arjan or whoever else is the current pot god.

cloudz

ICMag Donor
Last year grower and breeder were together and my NYCD has no chance to soma NYCD. Soma had 110 points more than me.

So ickis enter in the grower categories and if you have more points, you kick soma and arjan.............

For me different categories better, the breeder can make there own,they have more space then a small grower.

Sorry gipsy please allowed me a question:
I want to enter, can i bring it direkt to Adamm, may be to milas shop or to the college? I am in Adamm this weekend and i think is better than shipping!

thanks cloudz

Ickis

Veteran
That won't do it cloudz. Because won't people testing at least know if it is independent or breeder category? If it was all blind and nobody knew what category it came from except sativa or indica I would be in. Otherwise the placebo effect of being a "breeder" weed makes me worry it won't be good results for any independent grower.

I am ready to go but that didn't convince me cloudz. I will listen to other opinions and let people weigh in on this subject.

neuroherb

Ickis

Thats how it was last year breeder and independent grower were in the same sample bag and in the same competition. If your goign to win the IC 420 Cup then your going to be competing against breeders such as Arjan along with Soma. In fact other breeders regualr to IC Mag which some would claim are better.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ickis
normaly you get the breeders buds with the regular growers buds but just fill in a diferent section on the judge form so you will see if it beat it on points unless they change it
but wait for what gypsy or old pink say

K

Karma Genetics

I think the grower section is where the good shit will be. I think they did it like this the years before, but last year there where not enouf entry's in one catagorie i think. So they threw is all in a bowl. Was fun as it was my first cup to visit.