What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OFFICIAL: 1oz CONTAIN/SHOTGLASS GROW

I popped a seed ina lil solo bathroom cup 3-4 days ago cause it was all I had layin in front of me at the time. I figured I'd jus transplant ina week or so. Then just now I found this thread. lol. So ima jus let it in there and see what it can do. I ordered a cam yesterday so i'll have some pics ina couple days or so. I really wanna keep this thread alive, I think its great. It shows that mj will pretty much make it through hell and produce buds at the end.Ahh what a great plant god blessed us with. Peace.

Last edited:
Well shit...I remember this subject coming up a couple yrs back...another forum maybe???

I might be able to spare a minute soon to start a 1oz pot mini SOG for shits&giggles.
Hmmmm....

Howz this sound....

25 1oz "pots" within 1 sqft (5x5 grid)
A .076 spaghetti line fed to each one...each pot has a drain hole near the top, or maybe even just let the pot overflow? I suppose a guy could also just flood the entire square foot over the top of the 1oz pots.
I would prefer to have a drain hole at the bottom of the pots...but that would break a rule as I'm pretty sure a root or two would sneak out.

Medium? I'm thinkin' rockwool.

To keep it inexpensive...a $20 digital timer that will operate as short as 1min intervals and has 20 setting capacity. The pump is also $20.(I already have both)

Rez is unlimited, as per rules.

I'm actually pruning some plants within the next couple days and can get cuts no problem...but I'd have to figure out the best way to root them for this task. I normally use Jiffy pucks...but I think they're at least 1.5oz and also not well suited to sitting in a soaked pot with no drain at the bottom. I have done and can do RW cubes for the cuttings. But I'd prefer to not flip the cut in the same cube it was rooted in.
Ideally...I'd like to use an aeroponic or perlite only cut so I could place just the stem/roots into a fresh 1oz pot of rockwool and flip in a day or 3.
Maybe I'll give perlite/vermiculite cutting a whirl.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Holy shit I want to see the mini SOG drip system in action. PLEASE DO IT. 1 sq. ft. priceless

So I am only at page 25, so I don't know what came of this or if anyone does it anymore, but I decided to take one of my excess clones and drop it in vermiculite for a hydro shot glass run. It will be in my 1kW flowering tent off to the side somewhere. I ain't playin' no games here! lol here's what's up.

The chosen one!
picture.php

After a little root snip:
picture.php

Planted in Vermiculite:
picture.php

And in its home for a couple days before going in the flowering tent. It has been vegging in my bubble cloner with grow nutes for maybe 3-4 days now, so I'm just waiting for it to take hold in that vermiculite before planting.
picture.php

So my concerns:
-No drainage - I might drill a hole in the bottom
-I'd like to remove the blue puck/collar that's sitting on the top there, but it's not medium so I'd say it's a go
- I am going to have to hand feed it all the time. PITA deluxe but I'll give it a shot. Maybe going to do soil, too. Gotta get some cheap 1 oz. containers.

Peace out.

T

THC_Decapitator

I got one sd ibl shot glass and a og kush shot glass :p

Ill post pics later , there extra clones and this will be fun .

T

THC_Decapitator

I has some 1 ounce shot glass , but another member inspired me to use these .
I used the small medicine jars about the volume of a film canister . I made a wick system and used rockwool . The baby clone is a OGK and ill veg it a bit first then go into 12/12 :whistling:
picture.php

picture.php

T

THC_Decapitator

Will do C-O :) that Mirre looks stinky in a good way .
I'm going to have to elevate her level with the other plants .
Il probably make a mini lego tower as a pedestal