What's new

OFFICIAL: 1oz CONTAIN/SHOTGLASS GROW

Teh_Baker

Alas, I have more bad news. After already losing 3/4 of my large plants to puberty's dropping of the balls, it saddens me to inform all of you that I have now lost my shotglass to the dropping of the balls. So now I only have 1 plant left, that still hasnt shown sex yet. Dont worry though, just in case it does turn out to be female, I already have taken 5 cuts. They havent rooted yet, but are still only about 4 days old. When they do root, one of them will become a new shotglass baby.

Teh_Baker

thc43

Veteran
heres how my ladies look after a couple of weeks in the large pot. now into the last 1/3 of flower with first signs of maturing. I had tryed to pollinate with some skunk pollen but it doesnt look like im getting any seed.

kooki

:wave:
Forgot to update last week but snapped a shot this week. I have got to 8 weeks old from seed , and its been 12/12 all the way :joint:

Well hello all!!

It's been a lil while since my last update but I am by no means out of the game :)

It would seem she's doing better than I would have expected! She's gonna Definatly take more than a gram. To be honest she's forming a nice lil cola on top. Thou we are almost 65 days into flower she's still going strong!

I am figuring she'll go another 15-25 days easy.. and finish with a 1"-1 1/2" thick, 2-3" cola on top ;)

Oh yea, sorry bout the crappy snaps, but I am out of batts for my good camera :)

Oh by the way she's being fed a 3-part GH Flora Soloution as well as thrive and sweet as well. GH flora every third water and Thrive and sweet every 2nd water.

I am contemplating doing a pc case with 5-6 of these installed, connected to a central res.. But we will see. I may do it as my first diary post.

-Noid... Macguyver In Training!

2 days and no posts? I am hoping this thread is not heading to the graveyard...

Can we get a count as to who is still in? and a final weight from those who have finished?

1) ME!!

And....

2) MsStretchPuppy..

And....

????

-Noidage

Last edited:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
I'm still lurking.

Final tally for me was....One dead from thrips and a Safer's treatment and one I did on HeadyPete's behalf finished with a joint's worth. A good doobie too.

This thread won't die...it's summer for alot of us though so it may slow down a bit. I know I'll do it again for sure. It was fun.

Peace all
BG

beancounter

Veteran
I'm about a wk away from harvest on my lil girl, give or take.. so I should have some pics up fairly soon.. I topped mine and I expect at least 1.5-2g..

It turns out the seed I used was indeed C99xDC, obviously not the best yeilder to use for this kinda thing, but it was a spare i had to germ..

I think people could be amazed at what can be done with small potz.. using clones of a big yeilder I think 3.5 g per plant is totaly doable..

The main concern with so little medium is watering.. if you could set up a simple DIY dripper I think one would be absolutely fine..

I fed mine FULL strenght flowering nutes, all thru flower, essentialy jus using the same nutes i fed all my other plants with.. the lil plant didn't really complain, in fact i think i was still a little short on N, but she's gettin' buy..

Another big problem, especialy in my case, is that the plants become VERY top heavy, especialy when u use a soft/thin seedstarter pot, that wieghs next to nothing.. As soon as the medium dries out there is next to nothing in terms of ancor, and a light fan will blow her over.. My lil plant has probly fallen over at least 10-15 times.. It also doesn't help that the pot i'm using doesn't have a perfectly flat bottom..

Try to think of these little plants as 'hand-watered hydro', as they are essentialy all roots, and they can be watered up to 2 times a day with no issues..

a micro grower with floros, cfls, or small HID could actualy run thru a huge amount of strains this way.. Or even produce more than enough to smoke by running a zero veg perpetual SOG with clones of yer fave varieties..

You would probly be better off stepping up a few ozes in size, perhaps 3" squares, or even reusing small yogurt containers.. jus be sure to use slightly bigger clones or veg a lil longer..

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
lol you guys are crazy :D
I started one but it didnt live beyond 3 weeks

bicycle-helmet-proper-usage.jpg

S

stonedeconomist

Another big problem, especialy in my case, is that the plants become VERY top heavy, especialy when u use a soft/thin seedstarter pot, that wieghs next to nothing.. As soon as the medium dries out there is next to nothing in terms of ancor, and a light fan will blow her over.. My lil plant has probly fallen over at least 10-15 times.. It also doesn't help that the pot i'm using doesn't have a perfectly flat bottom..

you could use a piece of tape on each side of your shot glass and tape it to your table. tape would hold it upright and be easy to remove when you need to move your girl. :2cents:

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
There's no way a pot plant would tip over a standard shot glass. the ones with 1/2" of solid glass on the bottom are heavy enough.

I agree with Beancounter though about doing many strains in a small sog. for most of my indoor grows I used 4" pots until I was introduced to ICMag. Works like a charm if you put into flower as soon as your clones have roots.

Peace

Lucky 7

i agree . . . that's awesome for a big cup!! what is that strain??

by the power granted me by the Lucky Crew, I hereby bestow our most coveted award upon you, the Seal Of Awesomeness

beancounter

Veteran
BonsaiGrower said:
There's no way a pot plant would tip over a standard shot glass. the ones with 1/2" of solid glass on the bottom are heavy enough.

yes, for surely you are right.. in a glass shotglass, even without a thick bottom, you should have np.. I just meant to say peeps using stuff like film canisters, pill containers, plastic seed startin' pots, etc.. should watch out, as they can get quite top heavy.. I have problems in my 6" pots all the time with top-heavyness.. but they're usualy 2'+ tall so it's to be expected..

actual shot glass grows won't have any issues tho, as long as the plant is on a flat, level surface..

Well, here's my c99xDC (pineapple chunk) at about 45 days..

I don't have any shotglasses, and I had already started 2 seeds in the lil 1.25"x1.5" soft pot that u see my plant in now, so i decided the lil pot should do.. I pulled a male seedling from the pot, filled it back up with medium, vegged her to sex, topped, and flowered..

She wasn't given that great light in veg, or flower.. she was jus put low in my verticle 1k section, kinda in the deadspot of the bulb, but still getting a bit of light..

As I said, full strength nutes were fed to her thruout veg and flower..

I jus flushed her thoroughly last night under the tap, and she will problu go another 10 days or so.. it won't take long to flush her as she needs water daily..

not the best strain for yeild, no doubt.. you could do MUCH better with a clone.. but it was fun.. I've done this before for fun, in 8 oz, 10, 12.. I even flowered a tiny BB clone in an eggcarton ones and got a gram, but it was a tiny clone..

Most of my larger plants these days are grown in 6" squares (1/2 gal), or 6" rounds (1 gal), but i do a few 2 gals aswell.. I prefer the small size for many reasons.. If you look at any of my flower pic threads you will see te results..

Anywho, here's the lil girl @ 45 days:

Here's the rootball: