What's new

off topic macros

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
trapik those are some weird lookin eggs... ever figure out what they where? awesome shots guys!!! :rasta:

G

256IMG_0475-med.JPG

256IMG_0478-med.JPG

G

guest5703

nice pictures guys! I found this little shroom in my bathroom! No kidding haha, shit I gotta clean up more often haha. It showed up in one day and left the next, crazy!

see it on the wall there?

Weird! haha PEACE EVERYONE!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice bathroom mushroom caligreen! :D Those are some awesome shots as well Bong! Such diversity! :yes:

Trapik, not sure about the eggs, I'll look for it in my Garden Insects of North America book.... Cool bee macro, thats close! Even though its not a bee. Its in a different order actually, its a hover fly I think, or something related. Only has 2 wings, eyes close together, different mouthparts, and has no restriction between its thorax and abdomen, which would be characteristic of an arthropod in the hymenoptera (order) such as a bee......

Ash found a bee, great shots!

Last edited:

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
is that a mushroom there pipeline? wheres the stem. gotta love the goldenrod, its everywhere in my area now

those are some incredible wasp macros ash! i was trimming this weekend a a fly wouldnt stop landing on the buds. till i killed him of course. did kind of seem a little slow... lets see some more

cool find trapik. such amazing geometry in nature sometimes

keep em comin everyone

damn red squrill (i have a mental block when it comes to spelling that) wouldnt stop taking the bird seed...

and heres some neat shrooms i came across. not sure what they are but i love the contrast. some other weird fungi aswell

Last edited:
G

awesome shots guys..
and thanks.
those hornets are digging the sugar water i put out for them.
there seems to be some kinda turf war going on between wasps and hornets...they do not like each other.but they both like the sugar.
nice fungus shots....hey PiPe did you squash the puffball?
i use to do that as a kid..those things get huge..

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great shots there bong! More diversity! :yes:

Yeah they're mushrooms, not sure if they have a stem... They push up through soil with force, coming through even dry prarie dirt...

I've squished them before Ash, but I didn't get this one... I did notice I got a coulple with the truck tire though.... Pretty weird, really airy foam inside...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool colors on those zoas, sgt! I have some similar to those.

Great orchid shots there, whats that first flower/tree?

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
pipeline said:
Cool colors on those zoas, sgt! I have some similar to those.

Great orchid shots there, whats that first flower/tree?
looks to be a bouganveilia (sp) got a couple in hanging baskets here

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats a Wheel (or Cog) assasin bug. They feed on beetles, caterpillars, and other insects... They're beneficial!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was hard even though it wasn't even my dog, and the sad thing is he was pretty much fine.... A friend of the owner put him down, because he had an ongoing ear infection and was sort of skinny.... Always had plenty of food though.... I wouldn't have put him down.... But then again he was constantly bothered by the infection..... It was sort of sad to see him in such discomfort....

He doesn't usually eat his toys, just slaps them around a bit.... :D

trapik

Beautiful pics mates!!!!
Some are simply excellent.
Congrats to all.
Though I'd say 'Please stay off-topic' to some :tongue:
There are many many threads for MJ pics :wink:

Sorry for the cat, pipeline. We recently lost our 12 y.o. cat.. kind of cancer.
There wouldn't be no life without death.. :confused:
Here's a shot I took for the 'off-topic macros' OG thread, 2 years ago.

And a flower from the garden of a friend of mine. He got the seeds years ago from my mother he told me. That's funny cause I wasn't aware at all hehe.

Keep on sharing!
:wave:

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great pair of shots there, trapik! :yes:

No, no, pete the cat is still alive and well! It was the german shepherd that was put down.... I'll try to stick to the off topic topic.... you're absolutely right about there being another thread where they would fit better.... I just get carried away sometimes, you know.... :smoke:

Last edited:
G

remember...tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day....AHrrrrrrrr..
256IMG_0525-med.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts