bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

i converted my old cfl,to led now i need to get some plants under them.

jonhova

These LEDS are the shit.

Attachments

• IMG_6850.jpg
    IMG_6850.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6854.jpg
    IMG_6854.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6857.jpg
    IMG_6857.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 10

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to say after a few little harvests I swear by these headless LED bulbs.

Here are a few pics from my infinity loop thread about growing small numbers of plants in a mini environment on organic soil, water only until harvest. 7 Philips 13w bulbs in a makeshift adapter/chandelier contraption.
The tent (secret jardin lodge 90) is small enough to allow for two PC fans to circulate the air. You see a Sour Blueberry and a Jack Herer Lady close to finishing. They're both hella deficient in phosphorus and potassium, due to my water only policy for this run. Will look into administering teas next round:

Here's on of the SB colas:

And here's one of the JH. totally different bud structure, but I'm surprised how dense both of them turned out.

My trimming is a joke, everything that sparkles stays and regarding bag appeal- My weed is not going into any bags, period.

they turned out quite thick and sticky, very much acceptable for 91w of store bought LED bulbs, I think.

Keep g(r)oin' and all the best,

CC

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Ace, 100w. Anyone with long term exp?

Super easy to get the globe off. Screwed in a socket for a few minutes to heat it up. Used a dual-lever type corkscrew, and oven mitt, to dig in and get the edge of the globe up. Very safe, very simple, excellent control. Globes were plastic, fyi.

Shakí7

Wow

Wow

Guys, this led bulds are awesome, my 5 9w 6400°K + 4WAY LST technique.

giphy.gif

:groupwave:
:tiphat:

Last edited:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
here's something i've been thinking:

I noticed that a lot of people here in the micro section have moved to low watt led bulbs.
Does this type of light influence the smell of the plant or the pungency of said smell?

psyphish

Veteran
here's something i've been thinking:

I noticed that a lot of people here in the micro section have moved to low watt led bulbs.
Does this type of light influence the smell of the plant or the pungency of said smell?

I've only grown one plant to harvest with E27 LEDs, but that small plant STUNK. Taking it out of the micro grow tent wasn't possible, the smell immediately filled my home. Really skunky and not very pleasant. So using LEDs definitely doesn't decrease pungency.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ace, 100w. Anyone with long term exp?

Thanks man
I've grown two rounds of Bubblegum, OGK, and now the Sour Blueberry and the Jack Herer with the same set of bulbs, no chips let alone whole bulbs have died so far... I think these should give great long term results as they're made for use at home which I think is one of the hardest things on bulbs...on/off on/off....
Mine have been on 12/12 pretty much all year so far.

ion

ive got 35w/sq ft in a 3x3, first experience with led.......only ran cfl before.....results are fantastically beautatious. density is way better than my cfl runs and those runs were done with 500w of cfl in a 6sq.ft cab with lighting penetrating all around(overkill) bulbs are 5.5w and 9w, had lots of issue getting the globes off, now using a dremel to get them off. ill try heating them first next time. trich development is great, heat is low...led rules the roost

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to say after a few little harvests I swear by these headless LED bulbs.

Here are a few pics from my infinity loop thread about growing small numbers of plants in a mini environment on organic soil, water only until harvest. 7 Philips 13w bulbs in a makeshift adapter/chandelier contraption.
The tent (secret jardin lodge 90) is small enough to allow for two PC fans to circulate the air. You see a Sour Blueberry and a Jack Herer Lady close to finishing. They're both hella deficient in phosphorus and potassium, due to my water only policy for this run. Will look into administering teas next round:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=1775568&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Here's on of the SB colas:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=1775570&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

And here's one of the JH. totally different bud structure, but I'm surprised how dense both of them turned out.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=1775571&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

My trimming is a joke, everything that sparkles stays and regarding bag appeal- My weed is not going into any bags, period.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=1775572&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71351&pictureid=1775580&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

they turned out quite thick and sticky, very much acceptable for 91w of store bought LED bulbs, I think.

Keep g(r)oin' and all the best,

CC

Can you explain how you put your light holder together and where you buy the stuff. I have a couple LED hanging by a cord on a y splitter. Want to add a whole bunch more LED and need some way to arrange and secure them for a 2 x 2' area.:thank you:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
So is the rule for these screw in leds 30 watts ft2? Need a quick veg setup for a 3 x 3 tent. check my math and give some feedback as to if I am thinking correct. 32in x 32in= 7.11 ft2 / 30 watt ft2 = 213 watts needed. Six 40 watt equivalents @ 500 lumens a piece. 240 watts, 3000 lumens total. Whatcha think? Thanks in advance :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts