What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

justatree

yo @blynx, great thread!
I been using HPS for over a decade, now I was going to get into cob's but I can only afford those chinese ones, and MIGRO has some test showing that those are crap.. so I try some screw-in households and looking for some answers stomp into this.. shitz, 1gr/w it's the price.

I just finish my first round, 1 plant in 2x2 with some 8.000 lum (about 80w cheapest bulbs I find)... doesn't go so well do, maybe 20gr dry. but was terrible vegg, 4 liter crappy soil, no fert...so I hope do better next roud. not blaming the lights

PS.. some prime buds in this thread, @terpene, @scrogmonster and others to. very usefull to

indagroove

Veteran
yo @blynx, great thread!
I been using HPS for over a decade, now I was going to get into cob's but I can only afford those chinese ones, and MIGRO has some test showing that those are crap.. so I try some screw-in households and looking for some answers stomp into this.. shitz, 1gr/w it's the price.

I just finish my first round, 1 plant in 2x2 with some 8.000 lum (about 80w cheapest bulbs I find)... doesn't go so well do, maybe 20gr dry. but was terrible vegg, 4 liter crappy soil, no fert...so I hope do better next roud. not blaming the lights

PS.. some prime buds in this thread, @terpene, @scrogmonster and others to. very usefull to

Cobs are old news and not worth the investment IMO. If you want something similar that's not too costly, check out the HLG QB96 elite engine. $70 plus driver.

justatree

Cobs are old news and not worth the investment IMO. If you want something similar that's not too costly, check out the HLG QB96 elite engine. $70 plus driver.

We can't get of those over here, or a least not afford it.
I've some Friends who currently Flower under 200w cheapest chinese 50w cobs, they're fine, but not 1gr/w fine.

bajson

Just a tribute to the thread and screw in leds. Two girls at week 9+ getting ready to come down in a few days. Grown under 60w of Ikea e27 leds @ 100l/w and 2700k.

ThiM3hR.jpg

:tiphat:

f2obsession

Where available, seek for V-Tac evolution products. All 160lm/W, even SIL-s. And despite this high efficiency, they are relatively cheap.

Alogeno

Post apocalyptic grower
My E27 setup:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

There is 18 bulbs (250w total) 2700°k.
Works good also with the plastic lens (i'm lazy!).
The box is 50x100cm.

Alogeno

Post apocalyptic grower
Nice setup. Can you share some "before harvest" pictures of the same project?

Thank you, the last photo is yesterday photo...this run starts here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8907782#post8907782

A big channel lock pliers will remove those domes in about 10 seconds.

The domes absorb and waste about 30% of the light.

View Image

I know, i've read first pages of this thread...but i found also this:
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2015.00704/full
And i want to try a run with domes!

Yup channellocks.

I don't understand...my English is very limited...

Im'One

All I can add is that increasing my wattage and taking off the globes with pliers as shown changed my yield and more important my THC content.

Alogeno

Post apocalyptic grower
The bulbs are safer with the domes on too.
We've all been shocked by our bulbs without domes.
That's a good reason, I too have been shocked in past experiments.
This run, however, I want to see what comes out with the bulbs as they are.
The vegetative has gone I think great, now we have to see how it blooms.
The link I put is about greenhouses and sunlight but the principle shouldn't be too different with artificial lights in a box.
A few more weeks and I'll know!
Instrumental checks and measurements can say many things, but instruments are not a plant, from that you can understand much more if you are patient.

f2obsession

There is warm white but I found olny 6,5W with 1055 Lumens so far. About the half price of the 15W 4000K model. I plan to combine them. Anyway, SIL-s with 160lm/W efficiency is really good news i think, I had only 122lm/W bulbs before.

Alogeno

Post apocalyptic grower
There is warm white but I found olny 6,5W with 1055 Lumens so far. About the half price of the 15W 4000K model. I plan to combine them. Anyway, SIL-s with 160lm/W efficiency is really good news i think, I had only 122lm/W bulbs before.

I found these:

1000lm.jpg

They might be fine for my fridge where I currently have 9x11w 1000lm:

picture.php

picture.php

I can also use the same for the two side ones at the bottom, I would go from 121w to 72w, a nice saving for the same light.

PCBuds

Dude!!

Those bulbs draw 6.5 Watts and only put out 1 lumen!!

Or maybe it's 6,500 Watts for only one lumen?

Lol.