What's new

Of Disciplining Children

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Appreciate all the different sides to this and everyone sharing.

Sadly discussions between momma and I broke down and she ended up packin up and running off with the kids and baby to her dads.
The step father thing is definitely a huge factor. In this situation they call me dad and i support them for many years but she thinks she is the only one who should dicipline the kids and I disagreed.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail but she has been gone several days and the school called today, apparently she didnt even call em in absent, so when I called her she said shes putting em in school were shes at and hung up.

If they are not your kids i guess you got to sit there and let the other parent run the show even if you think the consequences will end up bad, they arent as bad as losing your family.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Sorry to hear that. Seems like a no win situation. Kids could disrespect Mom to push your button and then get Mom to defend them from you.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the game they play, they are kids after all. Live and learn. Hopefully it works out.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well here's to cooler heads. A bit of space, perspective and the like, and maybe things will work out better in the long run. At the least you've made yourself clear. Can't control what others want to do after that.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
sorry for the hickups there tony - its a woman thing Im guessing

I got weekly whoopins as a kid - got to where i aint care
if i gets caught- whats the worst that could happen?
sos i got caught sometimes - and took the whoopin comin to me

I was Mr 0 fucks given - chalk it up to the game

so much shit i didnt get caught for.... totally worth it

cept for shopliftin - i would never be able to keep what i lifted for long , it was like the smoke from a blunt, poof , its gone a few days later....

that said my 20 yo daughter has never been corporally punished by me
her moms , ehhh not so much either, outside their 2 fistfights on the same day lol
she got shipped to her dads for a year to see how the other half lives
and came back (almost) a woman and well, she didnt get whooped
cause she didnt need it. some kids do , some dont, depends on the kid

and god forbid you guys dont get a heathen like me
took lots of incarceration to get my shit on straight

Last edited:

blastfrompast

Veteran
Good luck with the situation.... Perhaps some time will be all it takes?

Based on what my friends with stepkids have told me.....what your experiencing is normal...

What I find interesting is my friends "blended" families WHERE the mom can discipline both sets of children, but the dad only disciplines his own..... I have a friend in this situation and it SUCKS for him as the kid knows exactly how to play "mom" against the stepdad.....

blastfrompast

Veteran
First boss helped a lot. Very strict authoritarian.

Fucked up a job? Yelled at, push ups, do it again.

Lippy? More yelling, more push ups, shitty jobs galore.

Back talk? See above.

U go thru basic training too. Nothing like cutting the grass with a pair of scissors...or having a garbage can put on your head then smashed with a brass handled walking stick....

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Appreciate all the constructive comments, criticisms and stories shared guys.

Better than one that wants to post snide comments on my wall, heh.

I told her today shes not happy being the alpha female she wants to be the alpha male too.
That aint right. Like I say what am I here to do buy presents and pay bills?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uncle Gerry's House of Discipline.......

Uncle Gerry's House of Discipline.......

Back in the early '60s one of my favorite treats were the sleepovers @ my cousins house, 3 cousins, 1 younger & 2 older by just 2 or 3 years either way. 4 boys can = some trouble though.

We would be watching horror movies past our lights out time when uncle Jerry would appear in the doorway, Bible & Rosary beads in hand.

He'd walk in & shut the TV, pull up a chair and invite us to recite the Rosary with him, a series of 65 prayers in consideration of the 5 Mysteries. When finished he'd let us take any bathroom breaks needed and a warning not to cut up again.

and then wham! we're making too much noise again cuttin' up, or by tempting fate running the TV some more. Uncle Jerry's back in the door, Bible & Rosary beads in hand.

BUT! this time he motions for us to follow him into the kitchen where we had to roll up the legs of our pajamas, and kneel on uncooked white rice on the hard tile floor. Of course we were then invited once again to say the Rosary with him.

Uncle Jerry never raised a hand or even his voice to make his point.

Latest posts

Latest posts