What's new

octagon growketel project 800w

2stoge

Holy shit your cab looks good!! Damn I wonder how much weight you are going to pull!?! Great stuff.

Is it just the cab that is 75% humidity? Maybe blow a couple of fans down from the top of the plants to get exhausted out thru the bottom of the cooltube. But you will probably need a stronger fan for the cooltube if you try that.

Mr.Jones

More extraction, More intake and from what I can see you need some Internal Circulation of the air, like an oscillating fan.

I would recommend at least internal air circulation to avoid your buds rotting.

I grow in a tent and when i started the walls were wet and some buds mouldy. I upped my extration and put in a 16" Oscillating fan....no more wet walls or mouldy bud. I would imagine this is the same for your vert grow.

i now integrated a vent inside the ketle and the humidity is now at 60% - today i fixed my outtake so maybe everything together give me another 10% down :nanana:

I'm w/ MasterGrower one this.
Got to extract w/ a good rule of thumb being 2x passive intake to output area. Another thing to keep in mind is the RH of the intake air. The lower the humidity of incoming the better. i.e. If you are in a basement, it would probably be better to get your air as direct as possible from the outside.

I do like them. Keep the updates coming -- always look forward to them.

CB

i might try that too - but those skunks are so smelly i have to be extrem careful

Holy shit your cab looks good!! Damn I wonder how much weight you are going to pull!?! Great stuff.

Is it just the cab that is 75% humidity? Maybe blow a couple of fans down from the top of the plants to get exhausted out thru the bottom of the cooltube. But you will probably need a stronger fan for the cooltube if you try that.

if nothing helps i have to go for that

updateee day 32 of flower:

drain system:

white widow wall:

topview:

sideview:

inside bud:

shiva skunk bud:

some buds :

M

MasterGrower

Glad to hear you're getting your humidity sorted out.

Will keep checking in on this grow.

Dr happy

Mr.Jones
please...
please please
give us an experiment
please ~~~ one wall no fan leafs
please
one wall half leafs off
please
...i think that in a jungle the light inst getting through

u r great :)
will be happy smoke pipe with u :)

sharing is carrying

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Jonesy
Howzit brother..?? Man they are startin to take off i cant wait to see the weight these gurls can carry.. Should be interesting.. What are ya using to feed? bbl peace.

sack

Mr G

i love looking at your grow pics. makes me want to build my vertical setup right now.

sackoweed, that guy in the hammock has a boobie

sackoweed

Veteran
Jones
Howzit sounds like yer working that octagon well.. Keep it rolling brother.. bbl to peep some more..
Mr G he works out brother, thats a man pec.. lol.. peace.,

sack

blackone

Veteran
Amazing system - I don't think I've ever seen that many plants under 250W except for perhaps DrBudGreenGenes CFL box.
Do you think 3 levels would have been more appropriate? Looks like the top plants are a little in the dark. But perhaps with the perfect strain and perfect timing... it would really rock. Still I'm sure you're going to pull some serious weight for a 250W. Even at 4 grams each you would be hitting 1 g/W.
PS: What are the outside dimensions of your kettle - how small a box would it fit completely inside?

Last edited:

Mr.Jones

Glad to hear you're getting your humidity sorted out.

Will keep checking in on this grow.

yeah the problem actually came back worse than ever but i got a plan how to handle it!

Mr.Jones
please...
please please
give us an experiment
please ~~~ one wall no fan leafs
please
one wall half leafs off
please
...i think that in a jungle the light inst getting through

u r great :)
will be happy smoke pipe with u :)

sharing is carrying

if i have the time ill try! - what do you want to find out with this experiment? :joint:

Jonesy
Howzit brother..?? Man they are startin to take off i cant wait to see the weight these gurls can carry.. Should be interesting.. What are ya using to feed? bbl peace.

sack

Jones
Howzit sounds like yer working that octagon well.. Keep it rolling brother.. bbl to peep some more..
Mr G he works out brother, thats a man pec.. lol.. peace.,

sack

hey dude! thanks for stoping by now and then ... hope you see what you want to see :nanana:

i love looking at your grow pics. makes me want to build my vertical setup right now.

sackoweed, that guy in the hammock has a boobie

yeah - lets see, i guess in 10 days or so i can give first guesses about the efficiency but to be sure i guess itll take another 35 days

Amazing system - I don't think I've ever seen that many plants under 250W except for perhaps DrBudGreenGenes CFL box.
Do you think 3 levels would have been more appropriate? Looks like the top plants are a little in the dark. But perhaps with the perfect strain and perfect timing... it would really rock. Still I'm sure you're going to pull some serious weight for a 250W. Even at 4 grams each you would be hitting 1 g/W.
PS: What are the outside dimensions of your kettle - how small a box would it fit completely inside?

yeah 3 levels would have done the job too but i guess if one would veg only for maybe 3 or 4 days the 4th row will give some yield as well.
the 1g/W would be topnotch - reaching that would make me so very happy but yeah last grow i had just 2 plants and did 0.58g/W so i hope to reach at least 200g but even that would be awesome!

outside dimensions are 110cmx110cmx85cm (just the kettle) so with an very flat res it sould be possible to have 2 of this babys stacked and fitting in a tent :nanana:(if someone is extrem i guess its even possible to run this system with a 400w bulb ...

day 39:
okay so the shiva skunk is already putting out some brown hair so i guess ill give it another 10 days and than its gonna be ready for harvest (hopefully) ... if this would happen i would rearange all the pvc pipes for even higher efficience
super skunk seems to be the perfect strain for such a system - very short and very bushy with some nics buds
chronic is just starting to put weight on so i dont know yet how its gonna turn out
white widow is not suitable for such system, even tho shes producing some nice buds its just too much of a sativa and to big of a plant!

tonight im gonna build some vents - i might do a little update

so long thanks for the vibes in here! :joint:

Dr happy

Mr.Jones;2631526 if i have the time ill try! - what do you want to find out with this experiment? :joint: \[/QUOTE said:
with or without fan leafs - what produces more yield ?

thank u mate

C

cork144

only 49 days? if you wana get the most for this run and a nice gpw, give em all atleast 8 weeks

I think you will find if you raise the light a little the top row will do better. THe bottom row will not be affected. The bulb doesn't emit much light above the socket end. I grow in a northern farmer style stadium and keep the bulbs even with the tips of the top row's plants. The lower row is about 20 inches from the bulb, doesn't do as well as the upper shelves, but still puts out good weight. When I first started with the stadium I had the bulbs like yours, in the middle. The upper plants started to bend almost in half looking for light. Try raising your bulbs, I think you'll see an improvement in yield
Fred

Mr.Jones

@Dr happy: ill see what i can do - i guess when the first two walls are harvested i can experiment

@cork144: shiva skunk is a very fast finishing strain - looks already pretty frosty and the hairs are doing well - theyll be ready in max. 10 days i guess

@fredflintstoned:i already did raise it for like 3 inches :nanana: and i agree it looks good

day45:

no bud rot yet, have a big vent above the whole octagon blowin 24/7 (hope that helps)
chronic is getting real big, shiva skunk looks mad nice, white widows doin ok, super skunk is going to be sweet

try to upload some pictures as soon as possible!

sackoweed

Veteran
JonesY
Howzit..?? I saw your name as last poster.. And thought yessssss updates... hehe.. Wrong... Ill be checking back soon... peace..

sack

Mr.Jones

okay now some small picture update for sacko - day 46 :D:

my new vent for preventing rot:

inside:

shiva skunk wall:

shiva skunk bud:

super skunk bud:

topview after 46:

now i get nervous because the buds dont seem to gain weight and density anymore but im gonna see - i hope for the best!

enjoy

Have they stopped growing at this stage before? I think you may be experiencing the stall.
My plants do the same thing about 45 days in. They seem to pick up again at about day 54. By day 63 they have ballooned up nicely. Dont know if anyone else has experienced this, but it seems almost all the 50/50 type strains I have grown do the same.
Again, killer set-up!
Fred

Mr.Jones

Have they stopped growing at this stage before? I think you may be experiencing the stall.
My plants do the same thing about 45 days in. They seem to pick up again at about day 54. By day 63 they have ballooned up nicely. Dont know if anyone else has experienced this, but it seems almost all the 50/50 type strains I have grown do the same.
Again, killer set-up!
Fred

if that would happen i would be on the safe side now! thanks for steppin by

sackoweed

Veteran
Jonesy
Howzit brother..?? Nice updates the octagon is kicking bootay.. This pic is great... Yea around day 40ish thru 49 it seems nugsz stall a bit.. Then BAM they gain weight like rosie odonell.. Great work... be back later.. peace.

the_top_small.JPG

sack

Power13

Those are some great pics, definitely overgrown a little bit.

Not one to worry you, but i would definitely look into trimming a bit, to ensure the plants have plenty of airflow. Basically the bottom 1/3rd can go.