What's new

Occupy Wall Street: Not on major media but worth watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
leaving our resident cheergirl to masturbate in the corner for a bit...

OWS trying something different tomorrow.
Occupy Wall Street (OWS) plans multiple protests Thursday, with demonstrations on college campuses all over N.Y.C. from Brooklyn College and Queens College to Hunter College and NYU. Students will then join with OWS for a rally in Union Square after 3 p.m. Avoid Park Ave., Broadway and 14th St .

The real traffic-stopper is in lower Manhattan as OWS expects thousands to attend a rally in Foley Square at 5 p.m. Thursday. Heavy delays will snarl traffic coming over the Brooklyn Bridge and into the City Hall area. During an earlier protest in Foley Square, northbound Centre St. traffic was diverted to Chambers St. and southbound Lafayette St. traffic was diverted to Worth St. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again. The NYPD is also anticipating some civil disobedience after the Foley Square rally as splinter groups plan to march to the Brooklyn-Manhattan crossings. The worst crossing will be the Brooklyn Bridge as OWS marches over the bridge into Brooklyn carrying thousands of handheld lights.

The vice president's wife, Dr. Jill Biden, will be here Thursday evening to attend an event on fighting hunger and poverty at the Racquet and Tennis Club on Park Ave. between 53rd and 52nd Sts. , 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Friday's a gridlock alert day as many opt for a full week off and head out-of-town. While traffic volumes are generally down a couple percentage points so far this year compared to last, the OWS demos will make things more interesting. Expect flights to be as full along with the usual jammed roads and crossings as we head into Thanksgiving week. Another protest in Foley Square is scheduled for 2 p.m. Friday with about 500 people expected.

The RFK-Triborough Bridge's Lift Span, which connects Manhattan with Bronx/Queens over the Harlem River, will be closed 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. early Friday morning at 15- minute intervals.

The Battery Tunnel will have one tube closed 10 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday with two-way traffic in the other tube.

The entrance to the eastbound Brooklyn Bridge from the northbound FDR Drive-Civic Center exit will be closed 11 p.m. Friday night through 6 a.m. Monday morning. Use the prior South St. exit and follow detour signs to the bridge.

Follow the holiday gridlock at www.twitter.com/GridlockSam.

FROM THE MAILBAG

Dear readers,

Find out the best E-Z Pass for you with my 2012 Parking Calendar. If you order before Dec. 1, get one for $6, 2 for $11, 3 for $15 and 10 for $40! (Regular price $8 each) Visit www.gridlocksam.com or send check/money order (include extra $2 for shipping /handling) to Gridlock Sam, 611 Broadway Suite 415, New York, NY 10012.

smatr move.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

an excerpt from a Yahoo News article.

In another interesting survey that was released, put together by Accelerated Degree, statistics were found to show that 70% of Occupy Wall Street protesters have a job, compared to 56% of Tea Partiers.

Considering that a common criticism of the protests has come from Tea Party members who tell protesters to get a job, this is uber-hypocritical. If you think you know the real situation, it's likely you don't, unless you have been there. Learn the facts, not just what one side of the equation wants you to believe.

G

guest8905

awesome stat stoner, thanks

OCCUPY and let them know whats on your mind concerning our society and the world we live in

I

In~Plain~Site

"Most people use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than enlightenment."

Not mine, but I liiiike it :)

7TWwb.jpg

As an aside, anybody recognize this?

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.(LMAO)

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.
Know what you're aligning with before making accusations

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
The only "Demand" they should be calling out is the demand for the current govt to step off.

So stupid. Reminds me of the dictator in the woody allen movie who demands that everyone wear their underwear on the outside of their pants... so the govt can check if you're changing them.

Demands..... LOL That made my morning, thanks IPS :D

Stay Safe!

p.s. Remember...buy your ammo in small lots... the KGB *Ahem* I mean DHS is tracking you!

mrcreosote

Veteran
I'm fascinated by those who refuse to understand that when the Govt. sanctions criminal behavior that it IS NOT an oopsie-daisy.

It is called aiding and abetting and collusion in a criminal enterprise. Conspiracy to commit fraud. RICO Act stuff.

I can avoid the bookies...
I can't avoid those that allow them to operate.
I have the privilege of paying them.
If people wanted to send a message that isn't futile and self-serving, they would occupy Capitol Hill, because only with their help can small time crooks hit the big time.

This would require a shift away from their thinking that Govt. is a munificent provider of all that is good and holy and understanding that every scrap that falls from the table comes with a hidden cost.

And we all know that ain't gonna happen.

G

grozzef

these are not real demands(from the people), it's just like egypt. agents were in place to control the opposition before the protests even started. spin spin spin

I

In~Plain~Site

It's a huge conspiracy that the liberal media is burying what they stand for, and are failing to communicate succinctly.

Makes perfect sense if you're a fucking wing nut to the enth

these are not real demands(from the people), it's just like egypt. agents were in place to control the opposition before the protests even started. spin spin spin

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Cops are definitely fucking people up. My boy just texted me a picture of his face. Cop caught him right on the tip of his temple with a baton. nastiness.

aod

I

In~Plain~Site

One man's Freedom Fighter...they like to throw that term about around here.

Sorry about your friend, I can't help but see this appearing as less of a movement, and more as a mob...tick-tock...rebel without a true cause.

You can only assume that people 'get' the implied message for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts