What's new

Occupy Wall Street: Not on major media but worth watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudesome

Veteran
Compared to paper Gold is A LIMITED COMMODITY.
You are talking theories with all ur surpluses....
the paper has no real market value... nothing sustainable stands behind it. How can you measure your wealth in it?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
woooooow man.... you seriously want to reevaluate that :laughing:

aas for the graph, it's pre subprime man... compare those numbers with postsubprime and get yo jaw dropped...
:wave:

Naw, it's pre bust. Look at those tall red bars on the right. Sub-prime in full swing. Hell, sub-prime was going on before that but it didn't manifest until Greenspan left interest rates low in non-recession. All the money that should have poured into bonds poured into the housing market instead. Wall Street couldn't manipulate bond transactions so they twisted uncle Alan's arm to make collateralized debt attractive. The only way they could do that is to make sure bond rates sucked.

The whole reason behind suck bond-rates was to push money into CDOs. This gave Wall Street the access to manipulate all the cash that was passing hands.

Our current dilemma has nothing to do with a fiscally irresponsible president. You have to have a calculator, a timeline and reference current expenditures to realize what a nut leash the guy is on.

Dude in 45 we went back to the gold standard. think about it... compare the value of your usd after and then compare the gdp... you will be amazed...
the GDP reports today are tottaly cooked. you can argue with that, but it's just another hard fact...

Yeah, gold was once at a fixed price while the current dollar has been subject to inflation for decades, an apples to oranges argument. The part you omit is that inflation pays if you're on the right side of the transaction. Not to mention the fact a gold standard would make us bit players in global finance.

The cooked books argument is too weak.

Dudesome

Veteran
:wave:
Naw, it's pre bust. Look at those tall red bars on the right. Sub-prime in full swing. Hell, sub-prime was going on before that but it didn't manifest until Greenspan left interest rates low in non-recession. All the money that should have poured into bonds poured into the housing market instead. Wall Street couldn't manipulate bond transactions so they twisted uncle Alan's arm to make collateralized debt attractive. The only way they could do that is to make sure bond rates sucked.

The whole reason behind suck bond-rates was to push money into CDOs. This gave Wall Street the access to manipulate all the cash that was passing hands.

Our current dilemma has nothing to do with a fiscally irresponsible president. You have to have a calculator, a timeline and reference current expenditures to realize what a nut leash the guy is on.

Yeah, gold was once at a fixed price while the current dollar has been subject to inflation for decades, an apples to oranges argument. The part you omit is that inflation pays if you're on the right side of the transaction. Not to mention the fact a gold standard would make us bit players in global finance.

The cooked books argument is too weak.

I can not argue with your opinion. Your facts are right, but approached very differently. You are standing from the point that the system was not designed for a global purpose by someone's intention.
To my thinking you are saying something like: Hey lets use the whole facism system and just change some things so we can have the jews to be our friends.

It's obvious to me that you are not a capitalist. Otherwise you would understand the difference between price and value.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Compared to paper Gold is A LIMITED COMMODITY.
You are talking theories with all ur surpluses....
the paper has no real market value... nothing sustainable stands behind it. How can you measure your wealth in it?

Lol, sounds like you just negated your argument against Obama's spending. I seriously doubt stately day-traders take lackluster approach to chasing dollars.

Deficit and (fiscal) surplus figures are actual. The debt part was CBO projection based on revenues, expenditures and market forecasts. In other words, a scientific guess but no promises.

I find what-was-and-what-won't ever-be arguments a bit short. We could scribe the ten commandments of the gold standard on our heads and we're still not gonna go there. Sometimes I wonder if the argument intends to distract from the fact that so-called conservatives never return surpluses.

Dudesome

Veteran
Lol, sounds like you just negated your argument against Obama's spending. I seriously doubt stately day-traders take lackluster approach to chasing dollars.

Deficit and (fiscal) surplus figures are actual. The debt part was CBO projection based on revenues, expenditures and market forecasts. In other words, a scientific guess but no promises.

I find what-was-and-what-won't ever-be arguments a bit short. We could scribe the ten commandments of the gold standard on our heads and we're still not gonna go there. Sometimes I wonder if the argument intends to distract from the fact that so-called conservatives never return surpluses.

ouch you obviously have no idea how easy it is to get to gold standard.

Why do you think is China making PAGE system? It's going to be the top1 competitor for Comex and NYGE.
actually it's going to smash both and bring all the gold to china. It's going to be sold for yuan...
China is moving to the gold standard, my friend. Think there's enough gold for all those greedy chinese? :D

So where do you think the world shifts from USD after?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
hahahaha you call that tall?? loook at it now after all the QEs :D:D:D

Maybe you didn't expect that W's debt would influence the next 3 generations of Americans? Don't pretend the bus that fell off the cliff somehow reappeared on the roadside ready to roll.

Clipboard0145.jpg

Take a look, CBO says Obama's spending doesn't approach the levels of the Bush administration. 90% of Obama's spending is interest on the cumulative debt, of which W's chunk is head-and-shoulders more substantial and delineated in the graph.

Some of you peeps must think the slate's wiped clean when a new president comes along. Fact is, Obama ain't a big spender until you add in all the shit that Bush didn't pay for.:)

This stuff's as long as it is broad, Dudesome. You can't sound-bite realities of this magnitude without 20/20 hindsight and statistics working in your favor. Those two things alone say you're all wet.

Dudesome

Veteran
Maybe you didn't expect that W's debt would influence the next 3 generations of Americans? Don't pretend the bus that fell off the cliff somehow reappeared on the roadside ready to roll.

Clipboard0145.jpg

This stuff's as long as it is broad, Dudesome. You can't sound-bite realities of this magnitude without 20/20 hindsight and statistics working in your favor. Those two things alone say you're all wet.
wait whaat :D As I have said the debt grew... and what I meant was that the graph that you posted was not relevent because we need to compare to today, when those numbers are much taller.
As for 20/20 hindsight. Dude. I am looking at the big picture. Obviously you love to judge by shortterm and act upon it.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
ouch you obviously have no idea how easy it is to get to gold standard.

You apparently have no idea how few people subscribe to your brand of economics. It's but one reason Ron Paul rarely makes it past the presidential starting gate.

Why do you think is China making PAGE system? It's going to be the top1 competitor for Comex and NYGE.
actually it's going to smash both and bring all the gold to china. It's going to be sold for yuan...
China is moving to the gold standard, my friend.
Yeah and alien vessels will crash into the earth and demon spawn will kill all western capitalists.

Think there's enough gold for all those greedy chinese? :D
The Chinese are industrious in many rare earth materials. Gold isn't limited to monetary value. You're listening to too many info war type brain washing-advertisement garnishments that adorn internet and am radidio.

So where do you think the world shifts from USD after?
It's going to be the top1 competitor for Comex and NYGE.
actually it's going to smash both and bring all the gold to china.

I guess we'll just go back to painting antelope and wildebeest on cave walls.:D

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I have told you before, you are a dinosaur with that thinking
biggrin.gif
But this is just IMO.
biggrin.gif

I prefer reality to things that IMO won't ever take place. IMO, you're influenced by gold marketing more than gold being the answer to all our economic ills. As long as we have federal government, one side of the aisle will remain determined to run it off the economic cliff and nothing will stop the next supply sider from flooring the accelerator. They'd do no different with a gold standard.

Dudesome

Veteran
You apparently have no idea how few people subscribe to your brand of economics. It's but one reason Ron Paul rarely makes it past the presidential starting gate.

Yeah and alien vessels will crash into the earth and demon spawn will kill all western capitalists.

The Chinese are industrious in many rare earth materials. Gold isn't limited to monetary value. You're listening to too many info war type brain washing-advertisement garnishments that adorn internet and am radidio.

It's going to be the top1 competitor for Comex and NYGE.
actually it's going to smash both and bring all the gold to china.

I guess we'll just go back to painting antelope and wildebeest on cave walls.:D

wow someone isn't up to date :D

well nevermind. Ill just sit in silence for a while.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Somewhat a gambler thinking :D

Good metaphor. Life's a gamble. What would you estimate our national net-worth under a gold standard? Ron Paul acknowledges we only have a fraction in gold what we have in (GDP based) dollars. This means your personal net-worth would be a fraction what it is today.

When backed into a corner, Ron Paul acknowledges he might have to consider a fractional gold standard but that just cuts the cheese not unlike fractional reserve.

Gold is a good investment for rich folks who are well diversified. The richer they are and the more gold they have, the more they know when to dump as cash value dictates. Everybody else is left hoping the next bubble materializes asap so they can sell with less pain. IMO, the meager, non-diversified gold invester is the gambler.

Dudesome

Veteran
Good metaphor. Life's a gamble. What would you estimate our national net-worth under a gold standard? Ron Paul acknowledges we only have a fraction in gold what we have in (GDP based) dollars. This means your personal net-worth would be a fraction what it is today.

When backed into a corner, Ron Paul acknowledges he might have to consider a fractional gold standard but that just cuts the cheese not unlike fractional reserve.

Gold is a good investment for rich folks who are well diversified. The richer they are and the more gold they have, the more they know when to dump as cash value dictates. Everybody else is left hoping the next bubble materializes asap so they can sell with less pain. IMO, the meager, non-diversified gold invester is the gambler.

I just can't laugh enough about this.... If only 50% of what you say was true I would be a VERY happy man. Right now I am just Happy on this blue widow. Man whata treat.

Dudesome

Veteran

Ron Paul never took into count the possibilities of Electronic Currency where everything is divisible. It brings alot of ease to a gold standard. Money can, must, and will be treated as a commodity.

Dudesome

Veteran
DB if theres anything anyone should pick from sience when applying history to economics it's 2 facts:
-History repeats itself
-Market always wins

Status
Not open for further replies.