What's new

Occupy Wall Street: Not on major media but worth watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

In~Plain~Site

Don't lull yourself into believing they only want higher tax rates for themselves.

If they want to pay more,I say whats stopping them? have at it.

I know where to find tax tables as well...do some people actually swallow that shit?

Like I said, you can convince yourself of just about anything if you try hard enough.

It must be true, I found it on the intrawebz

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i say raise the income rate on the top to 91%...

they still wont pay it.

just like they dont pay the 38% now.

income taxation=weighed measured and found wanting

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Don't lull yourself into believing they only want higher tax rates for themselves.

Maybe you ought to believe what's in your head leave the rest to guess.

I know where to find tax tables as well...do some people actually swallow that shit?

Pretty evident you'll argue with a wall.

Like I said, you can convince yourself of just about anything if you try hard enough.

And you're free to make your own argument. After all, it's all you got.

It must be true, I found it on the intrawebz

True since the day it was ratified until repealed.

i say raise the income rate on the top to 91%...

they still wont pay it.

just like they dont pay the 38% now.

income taxation=weighed measured and found wanting

"Them" "Us"....

How about old "You" , "Me", "Him"?

You two have been doing just fine with that.

I

In~Plain~Site

Meh....I have a better plan.

My dollars stay where they are until spending is addressed.

I can do a better job with them anyway.

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
corps don't pay taxes they bake it into the price on their products or services and pass it on to the buyer...

Dudesome

Veteran
Meh....I have a better plan.

My dollars stay where they are until spending is addressed.

I can do a better job with them anyway.

Well said IPS :D
That is exactly what I think about the whole taxing system.

Actually. In reality your tax has only one function in this system.

Do you guys know where the money goes from IRS and what are it's used for?

Well here is the hard fact:

The money that you pay as Taxes from IRS go straight to Treasury. The treasury then uses that money to pay Principle+Interest on the IOU they sell to FED.
So guys think twice when talking of tax rates. What do they really matter? The whole system is spinning around debt that will never be payed back. Feels a bit like a hamster in a wheel, doesn't it?

So if you stop paying your taxes today, tomorrow the USD falls.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Well said IPS :D
That is exactly what I think about the whole taxing system.

Actually. In reality your tax has only one function in this system.

Do you guys know where the money goes from IRS and what are it's used for?

Well here is the hard fact:

The money that you pay as Taxes from IRS go straight to Treasury. The treasury then uses that money to pay Principle+Interest on the IOU they sell to FED.
So guys think twice when talking of tax rates. What do they really matter? The whole system is spinning around debt that will never be payed back. Feels a bit like a hamster in a wheel, doesn't it?

So if you stop paying your taxes today, tomorrow the USD falls.

We had a revenue structure returning sustained surpluses and was projected to pay off the debt in 10 years. Then came Bush, two tax cuts, two large scale wars, one large scale entitlement... all on the fly.

Dudesome

Veteran
We had a revenue structure returning sustained surpluses and was projected to pay off the debt in 10 years. Then came Bush, two tax cuts, two large scale wars, one large scale entitlement... all on the fly.

it didn't start with bush though. how about that?

it all started in 72 with nixon taking the Whole World out of gold standard.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Nah, deficits didn't start with Nixon. Eisenhower amassed a surplus for two years but didn't leave office w/o a deficit. We've had a national debt since our inception.

The gold standard didn't prevent us from spending more than we held. The gold standard didn't mitigate wild market swings in the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries.

Shouldn't be too hard to google presidents and their respective deficit/surplus records. This chart marks only recent history.

Clipboard0113.jpg

I

In~Plain~Site

I notice our Nobel Prize winner is conspicuously absent...LOL

Add them all up for perspective

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Debt is cumulative. Deficit is usually fiscal year oriented but it's expanded to include consecutive deficit years.

National debt isn't the pariah that pundits make it out to be. Compared to GDP and inflation, we owe less than we did after WWII.

Nobody ever seriously campaigned on national debt until Reagan, the guy who tripled it. But the sustained surpluses in the Clinton years were coupled with sustainable interest rates and growth wasn't overheated. This made CBO optimistic in projecting potential payoff should we choose to pay off the debt. Some debt actually works for us in the macro economy. A strong dollar depends on a certain amount of debt as it relates to GDP, interest rates and inflation.

Clinton considered what should be done with the surplus at the end of his second term. Among suggestions were paying down the debt or shoring up Social Security for another ~47 years. Clinton decided to pass on the surplus, noting that better opportunity may lie ahead. W's initial tax cut wiped out the surplus and put us back in the red. We've been there since 2001.

IMO, anybody that imagines the next three presidents getting us out of W's deficit mess is overly optimistic. Interest on W's debt alone is enough to tank any predecessors' budget, not just Obama's.

Dudesome

Veteran
The gold standard didn't prevent us from spending more than we held. The gold standard didn't mitigate wild market swings in the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries.

Shouldn't be too hard to google presidents and their respective deficit/surplus records. This chart marks only recent history.

Clipboard0113.jpg

woooooow man.... you seriously want to reevaluate that :laughing:

aas for the graph, it's pre subprime man... compare those numbers with postsubprime and get yo jaw dropped...
:wave:

Dudesome

Veteran
National debt isn't the pariah that pundits make it out to be. Compared to GDP and inflation, we owe less than we did after WWII.
Dude in 45 we went back to the gold standard. think about it... compare the value of your usd after and then compare the gdp... you will be amazed...
the GDP reports today are tottaly cooked. you can argue with that, but it's just another hard fact...

Status
Not open for further replies.