Obama Declares All-Out War on Medical Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
What do you think the reason is?

What do you think the reason is?

That those in power demand that you do not consume THC?

Are they following instructions? Who's?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I'm afraid that, like most of the legislation that is put before the House Re: Medical MJ, the Frank/Paul bill probably won't even make it out of committee, much less come up for a vote. :rolleyes:

Why don't people understand that we're talking about SICK people!! Many of those who need it the most, are not capable of preforming many of the physically demanding tasks that are required to successfully grow meds for themselves!! That's why we need what they call "facilitators"! :mad:

I Facilitate so that others may Medicate.
I Am a CareGiver Because I Am
I Am Not Wrong But I sure Ain't right
Careful

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Are they following instructions? Who's?

Easiest question I've seen in a long time. Who? The ones who donate the BIG MONEY to pay for their elections. In other words you dance with the one who brung ya.
Offer a politician 10,000.00 and you can get a face to face. Offer the same politician 10.00 and the bastard wouldn't piss on ya.

MIway

Veteran
Thank you TA & DB for clarifying this. I read it to mean that it is the US AG that can make one simple reclassification, relatively simply as opposed to Congressional act.

With this in mind, I have to read the memo at the start of this thread a little differently... not once did they go to the merits of whether or not Mj is properly classified, or that there was any possible questioning of the current status. Previously, I figured they really had no authority to even pose such questions, hence the omission. Now, it reads that they really have no interest in addressing such a question... is the current Sched I classification justified?

They bring up the fact that so very many States are forwarding this question, yet they clearly chose the language of their position carefully... to skip the impetus of the rise in MMj... the merits of this plant as being medicinal. One has to read the memo to mean that this is in fact a reversal from the previous direction we had all hoped to move.

Do you suppose that this apparent change in position has anything to do with his attempt at getting re-elected? That the current lobby of the prison industrial complex won't allow for him to have another term should he not retract from previous allusions to change? It is a rather radical departure, no?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
mj eradication dates back to the 30s. part social oppression and part business interests.

Miway, TBH, I don't really see a difference that you may. I'm not so sure he's worried about the prison lobby as much as 50% of his potential vote.

MIway

Veteran
Right, and at no other point in my life did I feel decriminalization could be a possible reality... I gave up on it a long time ago... figured it was all youthful wishing. Not even when CA first went did I feel that it would last... how wrong was that. Over the last 3 years... I actually started to believe that we were at the cusp of change, maybe even nationwide.

mofeta

Veteran
Here is a blog post about this new Justice Department memo.

It is from a blog run by law professors, the kind that get considered for nomination to The Supreme Court. The author knows what he's talking about.

Here's a quote from the post:

There is no legal obstacle preventing the president from keeping his campaign promise. The problem is lack of political will. The hesitation is remarkable in light of the fact that polls show that some 81 percent of the public supports legalization of medical marijuana.

I am at a loss to explain the motivation behind this trend of anti-liberty actions from this administration.

Here is an interesting quote from the comments for the post:

I think if one were to delve into the actual numbers, (at least according to Americans for Safe Access) the Obama administration has conducted approximately 100 raids on dispensaries or collectives. In what, 2.5 years?

In contrast, G.W. Bush raided around 200. In 8 years. The administration claims this new memo is consistent with the Ogden memo. However, the Ogden memo mentioned that people who ‘were in clear and unambiguous compliance’ with State law would not be targeted. Now, if they are growing or distributing — such as happens all over Colorado where dispensaries are clearly legal via state constitution — they are now a target.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got to say ..reading this thread has made my eye's bleed and my soul hurt.

ProfGerbik

Obama needs big pharma donations for his next election. Big pharma is losing lots of $$$ with medical marijuana. Big corporations get what they want in this country. Doesn't matter who is president they are just puppets of big business.

We can legalize it through voter initiatives all day and night but ... the first state who legailizes MJ and the govornor signs it into law, say goodbye to all federal funding.
Not going to happen until large corporations are no longer in control of our politicians.

finally someone who realizes what little control a president actually has. the term money makes the world go round didnt come from nothing.

im not going to bash presidents too much when i honestly probably couldnt change this country myself either. way too much corrupt shit goes on, they want to talk about the drug warlords being a huge problem but i think the corrupt nature this country has been ran as is really just as much of a problem if not worse.

to me i honestly feel like even if we get the "good guy" he still will not be allowed to ever change things dramatically, no matter how much sense it makes, i feel like the government would not have it and will do anything to keep control, its not about order, just control.

i shouldnt even have to think crazy shit like that but its the heart of this country it literally was built off nothing but stealing and corruption so its no surprise it still goes on, as history always stupidly repeats itself.

im just wondering when everyone will stop talking about all these little people and focus on the main source, why do we have to take such little steps anymore when its become clear who is not allowing these changes our federal government and nothing more for themselves and their supporting companies. its just sick we or anyone have to live like this.

i just really dont understand why everything has to be so violent. lets sell alcohol and tobacco endlessly like this doesnt effect peoples health. makes sense.

nothing against people who want to have a drink every now and then but with the amount of fucked up shit that happens simply because someone is drunk you would think alcohol wouldve been illegalized ages ago, if our government actually gave a shit about us.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
The fact is, there are straight up commercial growers who couldnt give a fuck about sick people, making a lot of money out of this little bit of tolerance. Call me a communist-I couldnt give a fuck really-inaccurate but go ahead... This is supposed to be about compassion. I see a regular modus operandi where someone collects a lot of recs, grows a lot of plants, gives an ounce a month to the mugs whose recs they are using as cover-and then selling them any more at near street prices, buying flash cars and rolex's--off the back of sick people. Frankly its disgusting. Sure-get the electric and nutes paid for, and maybe a bit of something for your time, but be real about it. I know guys who've run big gardens that spent maybe an hour a day at the most tending to it -obviously theres the initial build but get real about the work involved guys. And the price you are obviously putting on your time--I mean man
THC4MS---that is what cannabis compassion looked like before they got shut down--commercial(I have no objection to people making a living--its exploitaion I dislike) growers donating weed for free, volunteers making the chocolate and sending it out, donations covering the price of stamps and such. Any talk of profit in the MEDICAL scene frankly shouldnt even come into it. People seem to forget the med laws were brought in to make life a bit easier for sick people--not to provide a loophole for people to rake cash.
No-one should go to jail for herb, but while ever people do--it should be the people making money who dont give a shit about sick people that go 1st.

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
There is no legal obstacle preventing the president from keeping his campaign promise.

Here's the closest Somin gets to quoting Obama's promise:

Certainly, it fell far short of implementing Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign promise to stop medical marijuana prosecutions in states where medical marijuana is legal.

Somin can't print verbatim quotes because a third grader would recognize the context of Obama's statements. I don't particularly like the president but Somin is a dime a dozen whiner.

forty

attachment.php
bmblei5t nb

Attachments

• ObamaHype.jpg
    ObamaHype.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 6

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Simple solution=
RE-ELECT NO ONE-just tired of the same old bastids screwing up the country. Just look where we are now.
VOTE INDEPENDENT-this will scare the other 2 parties more than anything else we could do if they pulled in a very large total of the votes..

I

imnotkrazy

Simple solution=
RE-ELECT NO ONE-just tired of the same old bastids screwing up the country. Just look where we are now.
VOTE INDEPENDENT-this will scare the other 2 parties more than anything else we could do if they pulled in a very large total of the votes..

INCUMBENTS OUT!! Every term needs a limit.

NO on most new laws, but them fuckers are getting tricky now, so you gotta inform yourself before casting your vote. :ying:

Status
Not open for further replies.