What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxacan hybrids

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Back on topic...

Purple Satellite growing for 116 days now, probably 60 more or so before she starts flowering :)

Lots of annual flowers dropped seeds last year and I added lovage (perennial celery) , rockets, more asters, mallow, parsley, different cabbages for seeds production, Ida Gold tomato, rhubarb season, ... so yeah.. kinda a mess right now !

Click image for larger version  Name:	S27_Purple_Satellite_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	17889292

Click image for larger version  Name:	S27_Purple_Satellite_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.4 KB ID:	17889293

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you managed to save all your parental plants from your mother room Ben :) These little suckers usually thrive indoors when garden is overcrowded, dirty and with lack of ventilation.
A serious plague overcome is always a victory :good:The outdoor Purple Satellite looks wonderful! All the best for this outdoor season.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Starting 10th week tomorrow :)

The ladies:

Click image for larger version  Name:	S28_Oaxacan's.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	17895056

Oaxaca x A5

This one is hungry as fuck. Probably shouldn't have stopped the PK Compost Tea (BioTabs) a couple weeks. Anyhow, I restarted it and added some Biotabs Pk Booster 5-8 in it during aeration for a total NPK ratio of 10-11-15 (PK Compost Tea + Orgatrex + PK Booster) and she still wants more... So in between weekly boosted compost tea, I give her the PK Booster 5-8 alone as well. I suppose she still has 2-3 weeks before the finish line (12-13 weeks).

Click image for larger version  Name:	S28_Oaxacan's.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	17895056

Click image for larger version  Name:	S28_Oaxaca-A5_flower.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	17895060

Oaxaca x Panama

Couple of burnt leaves on this one, she is on plain aerated tap water for now with some bacteria (bacillus and trichoderma) every couple weeks or so. I'm letting that last reflowering matures and swells before thinking about chopping.

Click image for larger version  Name:	S28_Oaxaca-A5_flower.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	17895060

Click image for larger version  Name:	S28_Oaxaca-Panama_flower_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	17895063

Mountain Gold

Too much PK for her but she's getting beautiful colours and the aromas are delightful :). Her calyxes are big as fuck. I even wonder if they are not seeded sometime from a stress but they are way too much too resinous for even thinking about putting my bare fingers on those flowers ^^. I guess I'll chop her soon... Watching the trichomes closely, still too much clear ones.

Zacateca Tribute

Burnt as well but she'll survive :). Guess a week or so like Mountain Gold from finish line...

Click image for larger version  Name:	S28_Oaxaca-Panama_flower_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	17895063

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ben, thanks for the update! :) Really nice cola on the Oaxaca x Panama! How are the aromas on the different plants/strains ?
Please, try to post some pics under natural light before harvest so we can appreciate better their natural beauty.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hi Luis,

Sorry for the late reply, busy last week...

The room where the tent is in never really gets natural light. It's on the main road side so I almost never open the shutters for safety kind of reasons. I can't really get them out of the scrog net either... Sorry about that. Best I can do is take some pictures of the cut branches under natural light when I harvest them.

Aromas are kinda difficult to describe, I guess bouquet description on ace website for Mountain Gold and Zacateca Tribute are spot on. Both are floral hashy kind of smells. Mountain Gold has also some mint scent in it. Oaxaca x Panama is still pretty much lavender. Oaxaca x A5 isn't really giving out any scent at the moment beside really light note of hazy/can piss kind of smell (kinda like Green Haze x Malawi but with less spicy meat note) but she isn't nowhere close to finish like the other ones. Anyway, she really liked the weekly boosted PK Compost Tea and the PK Booster in between, she is swelling nicely. I don't think I ever grew a hungry strain like her...

Take care,
Ben

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
It’s been quite an adventure Benoit, but it seems you are handling like a champ. I can tell you the Oaxaca x Panama as well Zacateca’s are very warm, happy and floaty. I owe dubi more smoke reports from last years crops, but I smoke them and then forget to record my thoughts…hehe.
3B9A291E-08F1-434F-BFAC-77239AE33D1B.jpeg

sorry to hijack your thread, but this is a volunteer from last year. Zacatecas x OTH. She’s going to be a monster, I think.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’m trying to veg out a (Oaxaca 79 x Panama) x OTH. I got 3 volunteers from last year. They are all fairly uniform, but the one I’m re-vegging produced huge calyxes on immediately fox tailed flowers. Smell is like cleaning product citric. Very unique…yet all the volunteers carry the same scent. Really high trichome production. That plant is finishing a seed crop crossed with Rez SSSDH X OTH. I don’t even know what to think about that cross, but I should have seeds for days. PM me.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hijack away :)

Nice plant and sounds like a nice cross. Guess that one must give interesting recombinations for pheno hunting :)

Mountain Gold almost ready here. I spoke with a colleague who grown Hawaiian crosses and he got calyxes big as fuck as well. So I know where that comes from. The flower structure seems more Oaxacan leaning but those big calyxes definitely comes from the Kona Gold. The bigger colas are getting super wide ^^ Zacateca is a bit behind trichomes wise.

It’s been quite an adventure Benoit, but it seems you are handling like a champ. I can tell you the Oaxaca x Panama as well Zacateca’s are very warm, happy and floaty. I owe dubi more smoke reports from last years crops, but I smoke them and then forget to record my thoughts…hehe.

sorry to hijack your thread, but this is a volunteer from last year. Zacatecas x OTH. She’s going to be a monster, I think.

MallardDuck

Oh wow beautiful work Benny. You got a nice fade on those plants... I always like seeing that senescence before harvest. The less cholophyll the better IMO. What sort of scents are coming off the Zacateca? I ask for the selfish reason I have a few going :)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Thanks :). Despite the over fertilisation some weeks ago, they made it okay though. Still too much green to my liking but trichomes were mostly milky with some ambers here in there. Couldn’t really delay harvest any longer. I’ll have to be more careful with PK next time I grow them. Nevertheless, it feels good to get a nice harvest again as the last two sessions before were not successful. Can’t wait to smoke them. I really need a vape now that I quit tobacco for 6 months. I was thinking about the Crafty+...

Smell are like wood and floral incense, but I’ll get back to you later about that. My sinuses are a damn mess right now...

Last edited:

MallardDuck

Thanks :). Despite the over fertilisation some weeks ago, they made it ok okay though. Still too much green to my liking but trichomes were mostly milky with some ambers here in there. Couldn’t really delay harvest any longer. I’ll have to be more careful with PK next time I grow them. Nevertheless, it feels good to get a nice harvest again as the last two sessions before were not successful. Can’t wait to smoke them. I really need a vape now that I quit tobacco for 6 months. I was thinking about the Crafty+...

Smell are like wood and floral incense, but I’ll get back to you later about that. My sinuses are a damn mess right now...

You looking for a portable vape or a desktop one? I have an Epic Enano that I absolutely love. Its been on and ready to go for about 5 straight years with no signs of slowing down. Easy to clean and really nice vapour every time. I know there are other long style vapes out there... I like them because I can keep it on my coffee table and not have it look like a spaceship :) It blends in. Also can get a water adaptor for bongs!

https://epicvape.com/

Sorry if I sound like a shill, but I got rid of my volcano for my Enano and have no regrets. My sinuses are a mess too.... damn allergies!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ben :) congrats on another successful harvest, i hope it provides plenty of great moments for late summer- early fall ;)
I think we are on the same boat heheheh damn alergies and sinusitis.
I'm vaping with Crafty and Volcano and both are great, yet quite different to each other.

deepwaterdude

Beautiful finish Benoit! Can't wait to hear how they smoke and the differences;)

Hi Ben :) congrats on another successful harvest, i hope it provides plenty of great moments for late summer- early fall ;)
I think we are on the same boat heheheh damn alergies and sinusitis.
I'm vaping with Crafty and Volcano and both are great, yet quite different to each other.

Try a Neti pot, Doobs, they can cure chronic sinus problems with a little dissolved salt;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Nothing allergies related, just got a cold caught between heat waves and rain/floodings (I’m safe thankfully). My only allergy won’t bother with my sinuses, it will send me straight to emergencies… (aspirin)

Oaxaca x Panama will finish soon, Oaxaca x A5 a bit later. Not too soon I hope, I’m drying whole branches in the drynet so it goes slower to hopefully finish with a smoother taste, so yeah, drying tent is full at the moment.

Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Harvest yesterday at 87 days for Oaxaca x A5 and Oaxaca x Panama

Oaxaca x A5 actually stinks that old school Dutch Haze mixed with some lemon for now... She suffered from some stress as I found a bunch of seeds in her. Feel like she missed some Ca and Mg... Well, she's not a total failure anyway, but could have been better. Feel like there is potential for crazy big colas on that one with proper feeding. Those foxtails are also a sign she suffered from the couple heat waves... I really hate HID lamps and summer... Sanlight EVO-5 150 is around the corner, will perfectly fit my DR150W (3x3/150x90).

Click image for larger version  Name:	S31_Oaxaca-A5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	17906857

Click image for larger version  Name:	S31_Oaxaca-A5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	17906857

Oaxaca x Panama handled the heat better...

Pictures of a Mountain Gold flower at harvest last week under natural light I forgot to upload. Couldn't get a closer shot in the tent without the flash blinding everything.

Click image for larger version  Name:	S30_Mountain_Gold_flower.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	17906859

Attachments

• S31_Oaxaca-Panama_flower.jpg
    S31_Oaxaca-Panama_flower.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 55