What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxacan hybrids

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hello there,

Time to go back to my beloved Latin/Central American sativa :)

Flipping tomorrow, let's not screw up this time...

I have also a Purple Satellite that I'll be running outdoor at 55N, got a female after the 3rd try just in time for this year outdoor season. I'll post pics of her later, nothing fancy at the moment but I feel another tree incoming :)

The whole lot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	S18_Oaxacan's.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	17847498

Oaxaca x A5, gift from dubi

Click image for larger version  Name:	S18_Oaxacan's.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	17847498

Oaxaca x Panama, same as above

Mountain Gold

Zacateca Tribute

Last edited:

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Lets hope so, providing they can handle the incoming heat waves. Still running HID lamps, planning to switch to LEDs by next year or so. I thought to expand the flower room first to grow more but I smoke way less since I quit tobacco (like 10 raw leaves packs in the last 2 months instead of 2 weeks or so). I will probably just put 2 Lumatek ATS200 Pro in there and save some money on the electrical bill.

Legalcdn

Your selection is the same as going to a concert with 4 top bands. I have green mountain purple sat, zac trib, and mountain gold seeds so this will help me in the future.

Sending top shelf growing vibes your way.

Hoping its a great journey.

subbed.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I had the chance to smoke some Mountain Gold already as I gave the plant from seed to a friend and it is freaking amazing. Smell and smoke lavender like Oaxaca x Panama, love it :)

Feel like those Oaxacan's are going to be my favourite strains beside Oldtimer haze hybrids :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice BenoitV1984 :) The new indoor plants look very healthy and free of pests. Mouth watering selection of genetics :yummy:

Do you plan to flower them indoors this summer ? I always try to avoid to flower indoors in summer time (unless you have an air con).

Best wishes!

BenoitV1984

Veteran
It’s way too cold around here for any kind of pests, it’s actually a disaster for a lot of farmers, myself included... We are sowing our own plants at work (we are growing from seeds until seeds harvests) and germination rates have been way beyond fucked up, like below 1% for some brassica and aromatics, despite green house and forcing veil.

Anyway, they are in flowering already since last Saturday. Harvest will be during July so not too much into summer. It’s about the same period than last year run with Panama x Malawi, Oaxaca x Panama, Killer A5, Tikal and Zamaldelica and it was ok so lets hope for the best this time as well :)

I’d like to avoid summer times as well but I have many strains I haven’t grown yet and I can only grow 4 at once... I’m on a discovering as much genetics as possible frenzy right now (well for the past 3 years actually)!

Breadwizard

Strapping in for this one, I had my eye on all of those mentioned, and even have a pack of the Zacatecas Tribute that I had been planning on running this summer, but space constraints came up. Still got some BSHW/BSHB going, and a Oaxacan hybrid (Oaxacan gold x Colombian Gold 72). Super jealous about the A5 x Oaxacan 79, there's sure to be some fire in there.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
20 days since flip just a few minutes ago...

After 2 years 1/2, I figured it was about time to change the HPS bulb... Stretch might have been impacted but I can tell they got legs. Oaxacan x A5 secondaries' secondaries streched like crazy once I pruned the secondaries. So did the other but that one got really bushy thanks to tighter internodes :)

Anyway, some pictures:

Click image for larger version  Name:	S20_Oaxacan's.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	17861857

Oaxacan x A5
Click image for larger version  Name:	S20_Oaxacan's.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	17861857

Oaxacan x Panama - I might have forgotten the Biotabs tabs at repot (she was loosing colours fast), fixed that a couple days ago and leaves are getting darker again.

Mountain Gold

Zacateca Tribute

Attachments

• S20_Oaxaca-A5.jpg
    S20_Oaxaca-A5.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 58
  • S20_Mountain_Gold.jpg
    S20_Mountain_Gold.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 57

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Did you mean if I bred her? I didn’t. I asked Dubi nicely if a seed couldn’t accidentally get lost in the mail when I ordered some seeds last year and he posted about it in the Oaxaca 79 topic, and it did. So yeah I’mma keep that mother for sure :)

MedBelgUsr

Ooooh an Oaxaca-Haze hybrid ..... will it be available as a new strain soon ? ( this year ? ) or you prefer not to say ?

MedBelgUsr

Oh but you dont have to be sorry : I had read that it was indeed a gift from Dubi 😎

I guess that if he feels like reacting to my post, he will just do it 🤭

But are you allowed to tell me if it was a feminized seed that you got as a gift or you got lucky and had a female ?

Cheers

MallardDuck

Ah geeze another thread that I have to sub to! Really excited to follow along with you... Ill be bringing up the rear with my Zacatecas at the Duckpond :)