What's new

Oaksterdam University yay or nay?

quadracer

hey all i've been thinkin bout applying for school over ther as well but was askin the same ?'s would it b beneficial really in the legal parts of things?

A close friend was tellin me that if u get ur degree ther u can start growing legally for the gov. but i don't kno exactly wat that means......?

Yeah that makes no sense. A Doctors recommendation is what allows you to grow legally, for yourself, not for the government. The only state that you could grow for the government is New Mexico, and then you have to be non-profit and apply.

And Santa Cruz, along with San Francisco, are the only two counties that allow for anonymous state I.D. cards. The state issued id card is the gold standard for cards, and will be validated by police anywhere in California, and should get you into any dispensary in California too. That's not necessarily true with a Medicann id or a dispensary id.

T

Teeg420

Well, thanks for all the feedback guys. I wasn't really interested in the growing lessons. Icmag has definitely got that covered. Sweet I guess ill just fork out the dough and talk to a lawyer. How much money do you think I would need in order to consult a lawyer about a cannabusiness. I understand it all depends on the lawyer and how well qualified he is. But im just looking for a ball park figure. Thanks Again guys.

Quadracer so the state id card is pretty legitimate huh? kind of doubles the fee every year i have to pay now but in the end its not too bad if keeps my ass out of jail.

T

Teeg420

Yea Ed Rosenthal is a great grower, but like I said I just wanted to know what one would have to do in order to stay legal or to start a "cannabusiness."

BudBo

Yea i kno that dint make any sense to me at all i kno that wit a card in my area i can grow 6 plants n hav 2 moms but thats jus for myself i dint kno wtf he was talkin bout growing for the gov. but yea u kno ppl n stories.....

P

painroad

I'm going to the (BASIC) class this weekend, if you want the cannabusiness course(ADVANCED) you have to take the basic class first. Kinda sucks but oh well I will let u know how it goes. The cannabusiness class is the reason I signed up. But doesn't start until the middle of june. I would stay away from the State ID card my doc advised it. I also read somewhere about this lady who has had her drivers license suspended for having that card. That's just my 2 cents good luck with your class if you decide to go.

H

Habibi

i think it must be said, oaksterdam university is one big greed fest aimed at cropping all you out there who heard about 215 (and probably watched one of the documentaries) who think its a neat idea and a good way to make some easy money

anyone who has dollar signs in their eyes and hasnt "seen" a pot plant before its probably not a good time to jump into growing pot for profit. now if you wanna learn to grow personal stash and somehow cant learn everything you need to know online go throw your money at that but dont think just cause ed rosenthal is in the room its gunna make some big difference.

one more note, people ive heard talk about this somehow think plants are pulling a couple grand each in 10 weeks time, and with that i bid you good luck

T

Teeg420

i think it must be said, oaksterdam university is one big greed fest aimed at cropping all you out there who heard about 215 (and probably watched one of the documentaries) who think its a neat idea and a good way to make some easy money

anyone who has dollar signs in their eyes and hasnt "seen" a pot plant before its probably not a good time to jump into growing pot for profit. now if you wanna learn to grow personal stash and somehow cant learn everything you need to know online go throw your money at that but dont think just cause ed rosenthal is in the room its gunna make some big difference.

one more note, people ive heard talk about this somehow think plants are pulling a couple grand each in 10 weeks time, and with that i bid you good luck

I feel where you're coming from. I moved to NorCal 5 years ago with that same mentality. Boy was I in for a rude awakeing (sp).

But I think there are some positives to oaksterdam. For example if they keep teaching people the skills needed to be an educated grower that is more people for the movement. The more people the stronger the movement and soon they wont be able to stop it. Overgrow the world!:woohoo:

thanks

You're a prop 215 supporter/patient who wants to get in on the "Cannabusiness"? You"read somewhere" that someone had there dl suspended? If you really followed the news re cannabis laws, you'd know that ASA sued the DMV over this! That's why the classes at Oaksterdam are NO joke, if you enjoy your freedom! If you want to entrust your freedom to what you read somewhere, you'll be in for a surprise at the Federal courthouse! The faculty at Oaksterdam have tons of experience to inform you on how to do things right and stay out of jail! As far as the ID card goes, if you read the actual law, it states that the State ID card provides the best protection against arrest and/or prosecution, but you ABSOLUTELY have to have 1 more tool...common sense! I'd post links to the references above but I'm using my iPhone!

karmical

That is because they are just looking at the growing side of things and not the big picture.
It's worth the cost alone just to hang out with dennis peron and to be able to ask him questions.
Then there's the legal side, I've enjoyed talking with lawyers from all over, that are in this thing in the trenches.
The networking available is crazy the growing would be the last thing on my mind...

~SYK~

CA State ID Card is a breeze.

My lawyer HIGHLY recommended that I carry this with me at all times.

Got rolled last week possessing a Z or so in many different baggies; and was let go upon showing the card.

Good Luck

SYK

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
CA State ID Card is a breeze.

My lawyer HIGHLY recommended that I carry this with me at all times.

Got rolled last week possessing a Z or so in many different baggies; and was let go upon showing the card.

Good Luck

SYK
Is this the card that you have to pay a yearly renewal fee on? I have heard there is a card that saves your ass if you already got your MMJ script. Was wondering if this was the same card.

H

Habibi

once again if you need to network through a "marijuana school" its not the right thing for you to get in on if your trying to make money. if you have the thousands of dollars it takes to invest in a large enough grow room you sure as shit dont needa be going to a class to learn what to do

just being able to listen to those guys read "marijuana cirriculum" is definitely not worth paying for. also who knows if these classes are being watched fuck lee hes a greedy man who hides behind the medical aspect and acts like hes a pioneer...

T

TrichyTrichy

I have been looking in to attending the program. It's sounds like a thorough curriculum also being able to dialogue with those who 'wrote the book'.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
I just want to say that my opinion of Oaksterdam has changed. Fuck Richard Lee and his money grubbing politician manipulating so he can have a monopoly ass. Your money is best saved on equipment or advertising depending upon what you want to do. Most of everythign you can learn from Oaksterdam can be learned from buying a few books and reading a lot of ICMAG

G

Greyskull

i wasn't all for what they were preaching at the thc expo....
i heard 'like starbucks" and that was enough for me

Latest posts

Latest posts