What's new

Oakland "Megafarm". The Inside.

E

elmanito

why do they do the gamma radiation thing? what's that supposed to do? what does it actually do?

It is a government regulation to avoid harmfull micro-organisms for patients who have a weak immune system.IMO when you follow the strict rules of GAP, cGMP actually you don't need to do that.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

Mt Toaker

Gamma radiation..to kill off pests?

Stay Safe

and to give the weed supernatural powers

Don't stand too close when you are using it though, or you'll end up like Randy. . .

randy.jpg

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
put me down for a quarter of some radio active shit! what strain are they growing, Hiroshima? Will it come in pre-rolled doobies shaped like an atom bomb? When I blow a cloud of smoke out, will it look like a mushroom cloud? Does it "radiate" the color green?

Ok I got carried away.

jaspmf

a-motherfucking-men.

lol!

krunch knows his stuff, but come-on. hes no better then the 5000+ other heads out there running the same thing. or should i say still running there op's? im not jumping on the hate bandwagon, but dont act like this guy is god, just cuz hes been doin this for a while, learned some lessons, and took advantage of an oportunity.

why dont you guys just burn the place down if you dont like him so much?

thats where he needs to be....with that much indoor swag he pumping out.

jaspmf

Funny how some (most) of you people think that it will be this way forever. As gaius marius said, especially with so many rooms it will be incredibly easy to up your game quickly. Anyone who has run multiple rooms (or very large rooms w/ large staggered plant counts) would know that the learning curve/process is extremely (this word doesn't do it justice) quick compared to running a single garden.

ghostly

if it becomes legal

if it becomes legal

Mom and pop are still gonna have their same customers, maybe the big growers can put a small dent in the amount of weed coming from south of the border or from our national forests via illegals. If it gets voted legal for recreational use these guys from Oakland are gonna seem like friggin geniuses.

the folks running this monster garden (which i dont like but it emboldens me...) shouldnt be able to put it on the rec market if its grown and funded on the premise that its medicine.

T

tea

nice thread with great pics, educational informations and details:good:
...but too much off topic nonsens which was better never said...< like this:D;)

real ting

I got news for you all, you wanna bitch and complain about the free market? Thank your lucky stars our fucked-up government ain't runnin' the program...subsidized weed for 50/Z...oh, big-fucking-brother. :moon:

Well, I am a big fan of the free market. Which is why having to bribe cities and their officials for limited numbers of spots on huge grow ops is wrong. You are pushing out small time competition based on city ordinances and regulations that favor those with big money and big connections. That is the opposite of the free market.

A free market is not compatible with lobbying, corporate interest groups, and heavy handed regulation.

The people making a living growing in their houses are running out of time, fast. The moonshining industry took a big hit at the end of prohibition too.

If these guys want to stay in the industry they will have to change along with it. Buy a greenhouse, some large property, hell, sign up for a job with one of these corporations. Don't kid yourself, a lot of these guys complaining about all the corporations destroying their industry will try to get that greenhouse manager position as soon as they are pushed out.

When it's a legal product it won't make any sense to grow indoors, even these warehouse setups won't be optimal. Most crops are grown outdoors, some in greenhouses. I can't think of many grown in warehouses.

You guys talking about the med vs rec thing, who else is gonna supply all the places selling rec pot once the law goes through? The people growing a couple ounces in 5 sq feet? Not likely. More likely big growers like these will just apply for and pay whatever taxes they have to to be certified as recreational providers in the county they are in, and have the stuff ready for sale as soon as the law changes.

jaspmf

I guess deep down, honestly, I'm just a bit pissed that I got into this game a little later than I would have liked (i.e., not retired yet), and now Dick Lee is trying to shut the door on everyone.

Latest posts

Latest posts