What's new

Oahu Daze............Episode 1

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Veg

Veg

Gonna lung the veg tent to the flower tent tonight an move all these girls. The Killer Queens are taking off like nobody's business, an the God's Gifts are slowly getting their growth on like I remember they do. Damn slow veggers takin their time lol. Gotta tinker with them an see what I can do to make them grow a lil faster.
:watchplant:

:plant grow:

Attachments

• 20140926_084553.jpg
    20140926_084553.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 10

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
King Ho Tep @15 daze

King Ho Tep @15 daze

Snapped some pics tonight when the lights came on. She's getting a lil frosty already an starting to look an smell like a killer cross.:dance013:

Small nuggs so far but only 15 daze in.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the poli looks perfectly grown. likin that last pic with the fresh coco for contrast

15 days, some ones putting out :)

Jolly good day sir :tiphat:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Thanks Lyryc, the PP's should be a nice purple cross of some greats.

Couldn't help it an grabbed some Kona Coffee this morning when I was at the store. FLAVOR!!!!!

Attachments

• 20140928_105208.jpg
    20140928_105208.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 11

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
21 frosty daze of King Ho Tep

21 frosty daze of King Ho Tep

This girl is so frosty for 21 days, an it just started to frost up 2 weeks ago. Can only imagine what it's gonna look like in 7 more weeks, dripping with trichs.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Nice dude, got the power bill whipped into shape? We usually have pretty heavy trade winds in summer to keep us cool but been light this year.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Buds are not as big as I want them to be at this point. My 400 Hps would do better than the 2 leds I'm running. If this new led doesn't produce I'm gonna have some things to consider.

If it don't make dollars, it don't make cents.

Be back later tonight with pics of the King Ho Tep @28 daze.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How do they produce power on HI? Still paying to burn coal here :(

Sucks the LEDs aint giving you what you want.

Hopefully it was just that hiccup in the beginning? maybe they set back?

:wave:

oldhaole

Veteran
How do they produce power on HI? Still paying to burn coal here :

:wave:

Welcome to Hawaii! Just about the only large generating system that uses Jet A to power their system.

That ain't fair. They only do that here on Maui.

On Oahu most of the power, they burn, waste oil, the crap left over from gas production. They have the demand to use big boilers, they make a lot of power fast. On Oahu it costs about 26 cents a KW/Hour.

On Maui base load is produced by turbines ( jet engines with no plane attached). About 30% can be made when the trades are cranking, and the HS&S mill can add another 10%. A KW/Hour is 38 cents.

Hawaii island has more private generating plants. They also have geothermal, which is a cheap way to make power but because the island is so damn big they must keep a huge distribution system up. Ask DB what he pays.

Each island is a seperate grid and must be maintained as one. Should the powers that be ever grab a brain, an undersea distribution system could link all the islands together. Hawaii island has unlimited geothermal potential. Maui county has some of the most reliable wind in the world. Oahu had the ability to produce the base load cheap. We should be paying 20 cents an hour.

DunHav`nFun

Welcome to Hawaii! Just about the only large generating system that uses Jet A to power their system.

That ain't fair. They only do that here on Maui.

On Oahu most of the power, they burn, waste oil, the crap left over from gas production. They have the demand to use big boilers, they make a lot of power fast. On Oahu it costs about 26 cents a KW/Hour.

On Maui base load is produced by turbines ( jet engines with no plane attached). About 30% can be made when the trades are cranking, and the HS&S mill can add another 10%. A KW/Hour is 38 cents.

Hawaii island has more private generating plants. They also have geothermal, which is a cheap way to make power but because the island is so damn big they must keep a huge distribution system up. Ask DB what he pays.

Each island is a seperate grid and must be maintained as one. Should the powers that be ever grab a brain, an undersea distribution system could link all the islands together. Hawaii island has unlimited geothermal potential. Maui county has some of the most reliable wind in the world. Oahu had the ability to produce the base load cheap. We should be paying 20 cents an hour.
They don`t care , or they`d already linked all the islands with geothermal and windmill turbines yrs ago OH....

All about the tourist dollar and keepin da haole`s comfy in their outdated highrise hotels that eat juice with reckless abandon.....Take care of the indigenous homefolk that need the help for powerbills and such ?....Not a snowball`s chance in Hell........

I`ve visited on numerous occasions over the yrs , and wasn`t impressed with the infrastructure at all.....Forget geothermal , the tradewinds could generate enough juice yr round to give the shit away to all the residents and only charge the fuckin tourist jammed hotels as the backup reserves dwindle during peak season.....anyways....

Keepin folks at the top heads out their asses is a full time job that don`t have a prayer regarding positive change for the future .....Book em Dano........that`s the mentality of the whole US .......... stuck in the 70`s....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
28 daze

28 daze

Electricity is what it always has been, something ya pay. :ying: Hopefully not much longer though, an I can take advantage of the free bulb in the sky.

Finishing up 4 weeks in these pics.

Attachments

• 20141010_231935.jpg
    20141010_231935.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20141010_232018.jpg
    20141010_232018.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 8

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Veg Tent Blues

Veg Tent Blues

Put the Advanced led 5 watt light up in my 2x4 tent. Finally got the ducting with the black inside so I connected it to the intake on the flower tent. Gg4 work tomorrow, gotta veg them up nice an wide.

Attachments

• 20141010_075729.jpg
    20141010_075729.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20141010_075805.jpg
    20141010_075805.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 11

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
LED is such a trip to look at. They might not be big, but they look solid.

Commercial electric rates are doubling here next month. Residential is following in the spring. Maybe not double but its going to make growing expensive.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
LED is such a trip to look at. They might not be big, but they look solid.

Commercial electric rates are doubling here next month. Residential is following in the spring. Maybe not double but its going to make growing expensive.

Electricity is so expensive that i almost thought about stopping after this grow an just veg moms till we get a place for outdoor.........almost.

At this rate the grow is gonna cost me more than the meds would cost to buy. Gotta grab a small flower tent an change things up next round. Thinking of monocrop of glue with a 2x2 tent in a coco bed w/co2.

Man that elec. Bill was funny.:noway:

Latest posts

Latest posts