What's new

"NYH" New York Haze(Piff)

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
The best haze was e late 90's up until about 03-04'
I haven't had anything close since then.
My boy just scored some haze that wasn't too far from days past, but not too close either.
My gut tells me just to stop holding onto the idea I can still find the same shit from my past.
It's over and gone.

steamgod

Born in 85 I grew up in LI with way too much free time. Weed to me is life and I'm very bougie when it comes to bud, I'm no grower but a local connoisseur that respects the plant. I started smoking around 2001-2002 and my only goal was to smoke exotics bc in south shore Nassau county LI, exotics was the classification for best weed. You had 4 main classes in my area growing up... regs, mids, dro & exotic... There was also BCs, Arizonans & killers that were like in between mids and dro, but those were more off terms, perhaps strains or sources. Plus every area or neighborhood had there on distinctions now looking back on it. Now looking back on it I wasn't really fixed on strain names or perhaps I wasn't aware due to my infancy in the game at the time, so therefore I was never really strain searching like today. Haze at the time was the only exotic that I had access to and of coarse being bougie why not refocus on the best. All of my early haze experiences were from two of my Latin boys that lived in my neighborhood, both with access to the city where they said it came from, uptown. But as for distinguishing haze that's very easy bc the bud must have a through & through type frankincense twang that's there on bag smell and smoke. I love identifying haze because you either have it or don't that's the beauty to me. Today the classification of weed qualities don't exist to me, probably because I'm more educated and I'm solely looking for the strains I desire at that given moment. Unlike these mainstream strains in circulation around queens were I moved about 8 years ago, haze is never in the mix. Haze is bud you need to know about, what she smells like and how to get it when you want it. I know that haze is in circulation amongst the uptown streets and some hoods in the Burroughs but it's not a common girl but she is there all day like air. It's elusive & exclusive and people sleep on haze and slept on haze once sour came through around 2004 just because it was loud, new and out stunk haze plus it was a powerful high. But if you are an everyday smoker like me that warrants the best of buds that grew up on this weed will always know the true flavor and will most likely need to blow it from time to time just because it's New Yorks real classic girl. It's almost to me like the Yankees or mets, I go through phases where I need to have haze from uptown. I never look for haze or even ask for haze from a typically street dealer because if they aren't in the know the haze they will find you is something crossed and sweet, shit that would be discarded uptown. As for my reference and controls to my claims, my boy that grew up in Whitestone that I met in 2004 at Adelphi referred to haze as church and when I smoked him on the haze I was getting from my sources in LI/NY, we agreed that frankincense is that one off must trait that was common, this was the same piff odor that I was raised to look for. Later in life, I used to smoke with a younger kid back out in LI and the haze standard was the same, frankincense twang. Another confirmation was my boy from LI used to work at the hunts pt meat market, heavy Dominican work force presence, these boys smoke dimes of haze in huddles while they work and again that odor is a must for the haze to be called haze. So I am for sure my pallet is tuned to recognize haze on site. The crazy part is today's haze to me is still straight fire because that odor is still very present in the hazes coming from uptown today. Today's haze batches vary from uptown, the haze I have now is ultra ultra fluffy, ultra hairy & frankincensey (it's like some real tropical shit lol). This fluffy batch I have today is so whispy that if you flicked it, it was partially break up and hairs would fly everywhere. The nugs are so twisted with red brown & blonde hairs, the bud is dark and light olive greens. Another batch about 2 months ago was slightly less franky and slighty denser but more stick to your fingers more skunky/pissy but still uptown all the way, my boy from Adelphi whom I talk to about this daily forever lol said he likes the fluffy one we have now because it reminds of the days of old (early mid 2000s). As for the piff terminology, I believe the word piff was meant for the distinct haze odor that uptown has. The same way og or sour has its own smell used to identify it, piff was meant to back a certain smell. The streets bastardized the terms and people wanted to call all fire buds piff, now piff can be associated with any distinguishable twang of a high end strain. Piff, puday or haze to me are the most common terms for haze and as far as I know were exclusively for the haze of uptown. Also, haze must be in a Dutch, that's the true way to smoke it, I do use papers and vapes but I grew up on the haze in the Dutch and they go together flavorwise. Plus, i have never seen a purple colored haze from uptown before or anywhere for that matter. The term purple was used but I never seen it, I wonder if today's uptown haze is the same first hazes from Cali in the 70s. After reading all these forums and descriptions from growers and old heads and die hards like you guys.... I believe it is, because the bud I have today and so whispy and so Frankie aka fucking raw ass haze what they hell else can it be?

Can we just all meet up for a share & compare event lol and fucking put this thing to bed. Let's take these nugs to a lab and test them for origin, duplicate the terps and bottle this bitch. I want frankincense on everything I use lol, I want to brush my teeth with it! Lol

steamgod

Real Talk!

Real Talk!

One love my brother

In terms of Haze I still live by if it anint church it anint Fire . Variety is the spice of life that's why this ICmag Fam is soo special because we are worldwide (maybe universal some cats seem other worldly lol) We have different views due to different experience . We all have a preference we all have a Grail mines is Frankie's

1luvbigherb

Real talk!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
It's not church, and it did not come from the heights or ft lee:

picture.php

Thai haze x sk1, long time flower, crushed black pepper with leather and spice when cured.

Some who have smoked her have made comparisons to the buds
had from the heights.

I like her very much as some of you know.

Good thread

earthwyrms

lower flowering pure sativa hybrids like
ACE, panama 9-12 weeks

"Panama combines 3 excellent sativas from Panama. It is one of the most popular, powerful and high yielding sativa in our catalog.

Very elaborated hybrid of great potency and vegetative vigor. It produces beautiful, large, dense flowers full of trichomes, often showing reddish and pinkish pistils when flowering, traits usually associated with the mythic Panama Red and Colombia Punto Rojo strains."

"Hybrid between 3 panamanian sativa strains."

"Very powerful, psychedelic and long lasting effect. The red pheno usually has a denser and heavier effect, while the green ones provide a much cleaner and energetic experience."

"Panama is one of the best sativas available to develop powerful, resinous and high yielding hybrids."

"It accepts high levels of nutrients, producing an enormous harvest when the conditions are adequate."

Cannabiogen, destroyer
12-14 weeks
"
This 100% Sativa strain is a cross of Meao Thai and an early and stable Mexico/Colombia.
The exceptional backcross of two of our best females took over 7 years. "

are also possibly good choices

eskob@r, Jalisco IBL
is a 70 to 77 day landrace sativa from jalisco, mexico

nevilles haze x punto rojo was reported to be a good smoke.
you could maybe make your own with some neville's haze and a low flowering sativa, like Tropical Seeds Company, Ciskei (50-55 day, no joke) or King Congo (Ciskei x Congo Pointe Noir, 65-75 days),

and if you want to try a pure haze, a pure sativa called Old Congo has a flowering period of about 90 days, the same time as the neville's haze x punto rojo strain that is/was popular. it is ACE Old Timers Haze (purple haze) x Congo Pointe Noire

Last edited:
around my way we lite up that purp cuz we know its church and if its church then its purp and if its purp then its haze. less non-cents, more smoking of the piff cuz piff is the smell the smell of purp which is haze. damn this purp im smoking smells good.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
People who know Piff well and are experienced with pure sativas and their curing...

How old/cured was the Piff on sale ? Did it ever appear to be fresh weed ? The real stuff from the regular sources

bigherb

Veteran
People who know Piff well and are experienced with pure sativas and their curing...

How old/cured was the Piff on sale ? Did it ever appear to be fresh weed ? The real stuff from the regular sources

Much of it was not cured or IME none it was well cured . I've had bud that was still wet . In the later years I remember looking at batches and seeing white hairs and getting a faint taste of what she was supposed to be . IMO it's all about the $ drying equals $ full maturity equals $ and in the decline of quality in later years. I'd say curing was probably non existent

When I first started smoking Haze I was just a kid regular stoner average joe . I had no real cannabis knowledge and didn't know what a cure was but later on it amazed me . We know most bud gets better after cure and this was true after a week or soo in a jar the Haze was even better , but out the bag it was still great in flavor effects .

For the sativa / Haze heads we know how quick a wispy sativa can over dry . Get soo dusty it will crumble, my first drying attempts with NLD were abit of a challenge. I've never had this experience with the uptown. I recall several batches you could push on a piece of glass and it would stick like gum

1luvbigherb

biesel

I used to get the haze from the heights from the dominicans. They had clones they sold for 20$ each had a 12 wk flowering time smelled just like church incense with a floral kinda scent i guess. pretty good. the story they told me was that some cubans had a warehouse grow and just found a high yeilding clone from wherever they got the seeds. Cuba? im guessing anyway pain in the ass to grow super thin leaves and no smell while growing but beutiful once the cure was over.

biesel

yo bigherb you ever have the legit beisel from NY i cant seem to find it anywhere theres a couple other clones that seems like arent in NY anymore. Also the champagne and the orginal grape ape from upstate i been to Co. and norcal not even similar

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Whatever plants the supposed cubans were suppossedly growing, did not come from cuba, you get caught with herb in cuba and you are finished. No joke.

bigherb

Veteran
Whatever plants the supposed cubans were suppossedly growing, did not come from cuba, you get caught with herb in cuba and you are finished. No joke.

Sup brother

I understand your thought process, I'm not implying the genetics are Cuban either

But do you think the penalty is more harsh for cannabis then cocaine?
The Cubans have smuggled coke for years it is / was a major route in the US distribution

Point is criminals don't care , neither does someone who is both poor and starving

The Cuban connection is in relation to Florida

1luvbigherb

HOVA

Veteran
So no one on here has this strain?
There is like thousands of people on here and no one has access to it?
I mean no disrespect to anyone on here but there is so many threads speaking of the about piff
Uptown haze but no can show that they have it lol
So whats the point
Speaking of its history is exactly what it is history
That is of course if someone here has it

Lesnah

I mean no disrespect to anyone on here but there is so many threads speaking of the about piff
So whats the point

I read that the closest seeds/clones to the Uptown Haze is Connoisseur genetics' "90's Haze" or "Old School Haze".

I'm dominican, grew up smoking the Dyckman Haze/Puray/Blockwork and know some cubans in FL who sell the "Black". From what i can tell, the throwback Haze I remember, is non either endangered or extinct. From time to time I get a whiff of it while walking up in the heights and sometimes down by Greenwhich Village....but nobody seems to know where to cop it.

Ppl in OJD's/Connoisseur Genetics' threads claim his haze is really close. His haze is supposed to be an old school Nevil Haze back cross. I haven't had the luxury of trying or growing any of ojd's stuff so not sure really.

HOVA

Veteran
Im growing the old school haze and the 90 haze now
Plus 2 different phenos of frankies x iss
So i will report back with finished pics

bigherb

Veteran
So whats the point

I agree with Lesnah , endangered or extinct .

I don't N won't blow them up but more then one cat here has uptown Haze they have posted on this . One I think is possibly Frankies extreme flowering time Churched up .

Many strains of yesteryear are spoke of , RKS is still causing a craze . It's the footprint they left the impact they had on our mental and physical. I'm hopeful more old school strains come back with the laws loosening globally

1luvbigherb

HOVA

Veteran
I agree with Lesnah , endangered or extinct .

I don't N won't blow them up but more then one cat here has uptown Haze they have posted on this . One I think is possibly Frankies extreme flowering time Churched up .

Many strains of yesteryear are spoke of , RKS is still causing a craze . It's the footprint they left the impact they had on our mental and physical. I'm hopeful more old school strains come back with the laws loosening globally

1luvbigherb

Bro if i find it im handing it out
Love is love

Latest posts

Latest posts