What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NY Sour D

XenoCannaLabs

To me it looks much more like Somas NYCD and grapefruit esque the pictures above these comments are referencing, hard to tell by pics alone but that’s Far from the Sour D I remember from upstate NY late 90’s into early 2000’s, well grown pretty flowers just different

Old school Sour D to me was more Limey buds with dark green leaves, perhaps a derivative of the original True Skunks from the 80’s into early 90’s, lime green / yellow golf ball like buds, dark green leafs - that’s Skunk… Sour D had/has a lot of similarities to the old skunks imo, differences too of course, nothing tastes better than the Sour ;)
I hope i get to try the 'genuine ' sour one day. I'll I'm going by is what the breeder has on the pack, and the pics I've seen. She certainly was dark green earlier on. She's almost and chop time and fading fast in the above pics. Buds aren't as limey as some of the pics I've seen tho. Alot similarities between the inflorescences of the sk1 and Chem fuego and karmas Sour D bx2 I agree.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tbh. Although the sour from karma is good, I'm still a little disappointed with the smoke. Very one dimensional. Nice flavour and some good voc's still, but doesn't compare to a haze.. I would much prefer to run a haze than a sour.

LOL, Haze and Sour D aren't even close to being compared. That's like Vanilla and chocolate..

If anyone wants a good sour Karmas Sowahh is where to look. Very Homogeneous line. His Sour D has variation.
DSCN8698.JPG

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
I hope i get to try the 'genuine ' sour one day. I'll I'm going by is what the breeder has on the pack, and the pics I've seen. She certainly was dark green earlier on. She's almost and chop time and fading fast in the above pics. Buds aren't as limey as some of the pics I've seen tho. Alot similarities between the inflorescences of the sk1 and Chem fuego and karmas Sour D bx2 I agree.
truth be told it really all means nothing until it's grown out well, properly cured and then enjoyed, and then after enjoying for a while (months), only then do we truly know that which we hold, good job buddy, finish strong !

XenoCannaLabs

LOL, Haze and Sour D aren't even close to being compared. That's like Vanilla and chocolate..

If anyone wants a good sour Karmas Sowahh is where to look. Very Homogeneous line. His Sour D has variation.
Obviously. I should have been more clear. I was comparing the legendary status they both hold, not the highs or flavas.
I wasn't disappointed when I tried a good haze. I just wasn't as blown away when I tried karmas Sour as I was hoping. I look forward to trying the real ting someday tho.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's available more often on his website. The USA is the last to get any.

Obviously. I should have been more clear. I was comparing the legendary status they both hold, not the highs or flavas.
I wasn't disappointed when I tried a good haze. I just wasn't as blown away when I tried karmas Sour as I was hoping. I look forward to trying the real ting someday tho.

You gotta pheno hunt to find the best or hope to get lucky. It happens, I love the pheno I found in Sowahh. Shes the best SD ive found in any seeds including the original SD seeds Rez released.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
It's available more often on his website. The USA is the last to get any.

You gotta pheno hunt to find the best or hope to get lucky. It happens, I love the pheno I found in Sowahh. Shes the best SD ive found in any seeds including the original SD seeds Rez released.
yep hunt...and be lucky... the 'BEST' weed we ever grew was for a buck..maybe two buck seed of jock horror (jack herer knockoff) from nirvana... it was incredible... if only we weren't old and stupid, we would have taken a cutting/s...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, To find the best in any line you must pheno hunt. At least be honest.
Obviously the more you pop the more you see , but I Guarantee an amazing winner just from 5 seeds and nothing about anything I done as I just S1 the cut but best keeper rate I've seen in all my years growing .
And even more important these days as all I hear is Diesel lost is funk , you got to dial it in, diseases , etc etc and this shit gives that loud Diesel everytime, even if you fuck it up it will still stink out the whole block Guaranteed

Order a pack of Karmas Sour or Topdawgs Sour or katsu's Sour and run a log and il throw you a pack of my Original Diesel S1's to run along side them.

Must show me proof you actually purchased the pack now ( not previously ) or get 50% off just ordering my Original Diesel S1's and running a Full log ( whole pack and updates minimum once every 2 weeks) complete log and get another FREE Original Diesel S1 pack ( so your money back ) plus any other FREE pack of your choice ( anything but the Diesel S1)

Message me before you make the purchae to qualify

Obviously the more you pop the more you see , but I Guarantee an amazing winner just from 5 seeds and nothing about anything I done as I just S1 the cut but best keeper rate I've seen in all my years growing .
And even more important these days as all I hear is Diesel lost is funk , you got to dial it in, diseases , etc etc and this shit gives that loud Diesel everytime, even if you fuck it up it will still stink out the whole block Guaranteed
Hey brother grower what's up ojd I on ready pop ur Original diesel s1 and chem double D Wrecker, definitely I will get u on point I've run ecsd chaco and karma sdbx4 and I will run all of them together.. u on ready know how we do it in NYC 🌱👨🏽‍🌾⛽🗽🦨💨

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey brother grower what's up ojd I on ready pop ur Original diesel s1 and chem double D Wrecker, definitely I will get u on point I've run ecsd chaco and karma sdbx4 and I will run all of them together.. u on ready know how we do it in NYC 🌱👨🏽‍🌾⛽🗽🦨💨
Sounds great bro , love to hear what a NYC toker thinks of my Diesel and how all the Diesels you run compare , look forward to your findings down the line

cannaquoa

On the French side of the force, you have to look.
Only SourD “Riri” will be able to satisfy you.
Simply the best SourD clone

Puccinelli

A couple I'm considering...Karma Genetics - Sowahh. Expensive and often out of stock, but should be very good.Ripper Seeds - Sour Ripper. Fem only and haven't seen any reports, but cheap.