What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NY Sour D

yagrb0mb3r

Hey guys, looking to get some NY sour d in the collection. Hoping to get a mom plant and a male ideally, so I need reg seeds. I’m still newer to the community so I was wondering if anyone has any input on which breeders would be best for this strain? Obviously I can just search the seed stores, but I’m sure some of you guys have experience with NYSD and can tell me where to source a stable genetic.

Thanks in advance!!

Dna genetics did one & thc seeds. Personally I'd go with dna genetics. Don't quote me on it. My minds a little rusty.

Its a great smoke when you get a good pheno. Bit stretchy though & not the fastest flowerer.

There's a lot of ecsd hybrids worth checking out I've seen a few just looking for seeds myself... Seems its all about the funky names now. I admit peanut butter runts was amazing. Gelato 41 was amazing. But I've never liked the cake lineage crosses. Nor cookies.

Sticking to some good 'ol homogenous sensi shiva skunk & Mr Nice shit. Needs quick weed. & a special pheno of either grown well is up there with them all.

They all come from these genetics in the end. Once I have a crop in I'll be back on the mango haze & more sativa type bud. More my thing. But for consistency & bang for your buck. I go old skool lol

Plookerkingjon

Hey guys, looking to get some NY sour d in the collection. Hoping to get a mom plant and a male ideally, so I need reg seeds. I’m still newer to the community so I was wondering if anyone has any input on which breeders would be best for this strain? Obviously I can just search the seed stores, but I’m sure some of you guys have experience with NYSD and can tell me where to source a stable genetic.

Thanks in advance!!
Yeah good luck I'm just happy that I happen to be around when I know for a fact that it was permeating the walls of certain places in the eastern coast the United States but like everything humans touch lazy, greed, etc etc etc I wish you the best in your Pursuit I just don't think it's going to be worth it in the end.

yagrb0mb3r

Yeah good luck I'm just happy that I happen to be around when I know for a fact that it was permeating the walls of certain places in the eastern coast the United States but like everything humans touch lazy, greed, etc etc etc I wish you the best in your Pursuit I just don't think it's going to be worth it in the end.
Lol ok thanks for the input. Merry Christmas.

yagrb0mb3r

Try and get hold of Karma's Sour D or Top Dawg Genetics crosses. Or Dominion Seeds. They all have legit goood crosses and you can look them up on here if in doubt. Soma's got the NYCD but he has mixed reviews.
Thank you for your actually helpful post bro! Good looking out. Merry Christmas.

yagrb0mb3r

Dna genetics did one & thc seeds. Personally I'd go with dna genetics. Don't quote me on it. My minds a little rusty.

Its a great smoke when you get a good pheno. Bit stretchy though & not the fastest flowerer.

There's a lot of ecsd hybrids worth checking out I've seen a few just looking for seeds myself... Seems its all about the funky names now. I admit peanut butter runts was amazing. Gelato 41 was amazing. But I've never liked the cake lineage crosses. Nor cookies.

Sticking to some good 'ol homogenous sensi shiva skunk & Mr Nice shit. Needs quick weed. & a special pheno of either grown well is up there with them all.

They all come from these genetics in the end. Once I have a crop in I'll be back on the mango haze & more sativa type bud. More my thing. But for consistency & bang for your buck. I go old skool lol
I couldn’t find any at dna genetics. Maybe it’s a U.S.A. problem.

yagrb0mb3r

However I’m very close to ordering some gelato 41 cuz I keep hearing good things.

goingrey

A couple I'm considering...

Karma Genetics - Sowahh. Expensive and often out of stock, but should be very good.

Ripper Seeds - Sour Ripper. Fem only and haven't seen any reports, but cheap.

yagrb0mb3r

After a bit of research I’m thinking sour d might not be worth it anymore. I am in the process of acquiring g41 beans - everyone has great reviews of it.

goingrey

Gelato? People say it's weak and boring, but tastes great...

But I admit I'm curious too, because of the taste. And just in general because of the popularity.

Sour not worth it, LOL. Now I've heard it all. Ok it's got some downsides, short lived high (for the busy city people who don't have time to spend hours stoned :D), can be paranoia-inducing... but I mean, c'mon.

yagrb0mb3r

Gelato? People say it's weak and boring, but tastes great...

But I admit I'm curious too, because of the taste. And just in general because of the popularity.

Sour not worth it, LOL. Now I've heard it all. Ok it's got some downsides, short lived high (for the busy city people who don't have time to spend hours stoned :D), can be paranoia-inducing... but I mean, c'mon.
I think the thing with sour d not being worth it just comes from how it grows not smokes. The plant itself seems harder to train and the main stems don’t get big enough to support massive cola growth. (This isn’t my opinion just what I’ve seen). Personally I have an affinity towards it since it was popular when I was a teenager lol.

Gelato is a newer strain so I expect some issues and irregularities. But if you pop 100 seeds I’m sure you find a solid mom.

mexweed

Veteran
nah you don't want anything near cookies if you're wanting sour

the issue with karma's is that he used a rez ibl which used soma's nycd, and it was further tainted with OG

the obvious answer is top dawg, but as with karma's...the price and good luck finding it in stock

there is another issue with top dawg too and it's actually because he uses the real original unadulterated chem and sour genetics...they are very very tired and you may struggle to end up with one decent plant that's not dwarfed or takes forever to root etc, I ended up with 2 out of 12 from a pack of sisXsour and after months they still aren't vegging properly and one was definitely a dwarf

my advice would be to find something with stardawg in it as it should have some hybrid vigor, I know top dawg has some DNL crosses he did too, I'm not sure if stardawgXDNL was one but that's where I would look, top dawg also has sour 91

yagrb0mb3r

a 100 fukin seeds.... u better have a big grow room.... i don't mind going thru a pack.... but a 100seeds...
Probably would be two runs, but even still you’re gonna probably have some issues since the genetic is still young so a fifty run can lose a few. But running 100 seeds to find a mom so you don’t have to buy seeds from that plant for a while is worth I think. Also speeds up your timeline by weeks to clone.