What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nute burn? Can’t seem to figure out my issue

Jacke30

Hey y’all
Been having this issue since I switched over to Gavita 1700e leds
Currently in week 7 of flower
Growing in coco
Using house and garden coco base plus additives

Ph 5.9-6.1 going in and coming out the same at run off
Total ppm for the last 2 weeks have been going in at 1200 on the 500scale

Currently run off is at 13-1400ppm

Run off was high in week 5 around 2200-2500ppm
Got it down to 1200ish ppm and started continuing my feed schedule

Only lower leafs look like this
top leafs have a slight yellow tip but not on all the leafs

Attachments

• IMG_3987.jpeg
    IMG_3987.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3986.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3985.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20

acespicoli

I water them every other day with about 3000ml each plant

Usually it’s about 70% dry
Keeping it dry solves alot of problems im always doing the same... the crispy leaves kill me too!
Im going to try another method of capillary mat or drip water was doing a flood manually with higher temps of spring its causing rapid drying issues atleast here. I also love minature plants in small pots, watering is easier with larger pots.

On the other hand, indoor cannabis cultivation may require only 2.5-2.8 gallons of water per day per plant
8-12 liters ? Not even sure depends on plant size and imperial vs metric apologies for poor conversions

Another thing I struggle with as well is media saturation how much water can my small amount of media hold?
Near the end of flower nutes and water their starving, I need to do better 🤷‍♂️

acespicoli

It was so bad for awhile I even started this thread for help

Just started reading it again had some great friends here show off some beautiful plants as well as their water/hydro methods hopefully the thread continues it was alot of fun so far :huggg:

Jacke30

I used to do water with drip irrigation following the crop steering technique but my yields were horrible so I added some additive that are drip friendly but still ended up clogging them
So I decided to go back to the old ways of hand watering

But I’ve never ran this strain with the drippers

Since I have about 2.5 weeks left with this I’ll probabaly switch to watering everyday
Possibly that’s the issue since maybe I am letting it dry out to much and I’ll probably dial back the nutrients to about 800-1000ppm until my flush week

Ca++

HouseGardenHidro.jpg

Your 1200@500 is 2.4
You should also be using tap. There is an expectation of Ca you are not providing

Jacke30

HouseGardenHidro.jpg

Your 1200@500 is 2.4
You should also be using tap. There is an expectation of Ca you are not providing
I use calmag since I am running an ro system but I don’t think this is a calcium or magnesium issue

As for the chart I am just a little under those numbers but I only use the base drip clean and shooting powder from them

I’ll dial it back more and hopefully that’s the issue

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hey y’all
Been having this issue since I switched over to Gavita 1700e leds
Currently in week 7 of flower
Growing in coco
Using house and garden coco base plus additives

Ph 5.9-6.1 going in and coming out the same at run off
Total ppm for the last 2 weeks have been going in at 1200 on the 500scale

Currently run off is at 13-1400ppm

Run off was high in week 5 around 2200-2500ppm
Got it down to 1200ish ppm and started continuing my feed schedule

Only lower leafs look like this
top leafs have a slight yellow tip but not on all the leafs

1710089309853.png

I would paint over the wood with caulk or latex paint. Everything made of cellulose or organic fiber shouldn't be in an enclosed growroom. Boards that haven't been painted over, ropes, carpets, curtains.

The reason is that everything that builds up in an indoor growroom will eventually end up on the leaves.

Sorry for not responding earlier.