What's new

Nuggybuds’ mystery CFL Grow

NuggyBuds

Thanks Sat.
I know he grew hydro, from my dad's description he was running a drip system with individual buckets . I’m not sure if he ran air stones in a second bucket a la freedom buckets, but my dad says he was pulling 8-10 Oz per plant. I'm hoping that these aren't fem'd I doubt it cause my dad's weed never had seeds. yet my father pulled out a LARGE bag of seed when he gave me these, must have been hundreds.

Last edited:
Great thread. I need to bookmark this to remind myself how great CFLs work. I've grown two small grows with them and keep getting tempted to get a 400 watt HPS light. I think you will find that the potentcy is just as good with the CFLs, it's a matter of having good genetics.... even if they are a mystery.

NuggyBuds

Thanks WV Rastafari! :joint:
CFL's are great as far a potency like you said it's all about genetics, I'm sure I could get some greater yields with HID's but I'm getting what I need so i'm good. When I get more space I may move on to HPS for flower and keep these lights for veg.

BABALU, welcome aboard! and thanks.
I'm drooling to burn these.

NuggyBuds

Ok quick update.
Day 45
I've changed my plan.
I'm starting to see more amber trics. still only 1-2% but I'm going to start my ~14 day flush.
I ferted for the last time today, I'm going to water with gradually more water till the end.
Sorry no pics today
:joint:

NuggyBuds

Hey all,
sorry I've not been around life is hectic and I've had some comp problems.

I harvested since the last update and have been enjoying the herb.
pics when I get my home comp back up.

Smoke/vape report.

Smell is awsome, piney and fruity, with a citris accent. Smells like candy.
The vape brings out the piney taste and is so much better than smoking I'm a Vape convert. but I did burn a joint and the flavor through this was very good as well, almost a savory flavor to the smoke, it's almost something you would like to use as a steak seasoning... lol but it's good.

The high is very mixed, great up heady high at the begining and All I want to do is clean the house or play some sports. I get a rush of random thoughts and it's almost like a very week mushroom trip, After 3-4 bags I get a deep body high but it's never a complete couch lock.

I ended up with about 3 ounces from the 2 plants. More than I expected.

I'm going to shut down the grow box for a bit, at least for cannabis, I'm going on a summer trip and if I start a new grow now I'll have to leave the plants for a week while they are at 30-40 day flowering. I'm going to try and grow some veggies in the mean time.

Thanks All for watching. Harvest Pics soon. Peace :wave: