What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nothing To live for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duppy

Cheeeeebus I hate getting played.

I've been checking the DoD announcements thru icasualties every damn day, too. As of this morning I think there was maybe one unnamed casualty from the 6th, and one or two from the end of November, so my doubts were growing, but I still wanted to believe the bitch. (If it even was a woman, no particular reason why it had to be.)

People suck.

Except for you guys, of course, and me most of the time.

:smile:

Ncogneato

Nice call Admin!!
I thought this story was a bit far fetched but who would lie about something like that? How could someone be that low? Makes me sick.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
......Yes......may it be a lesson to us all.....

...NEVER!.......and I say again NEVER!.........contact/share or believe in anyone on these boards who is putting their hand out (pan-handling).......for they might not be what they might make out to be and are probably not just after gifts of weed/money/seeds/clones e.t.c..........they might well possibly be after your personnal and private information to use against you using black-mailing techniques so threatening to destroy your liberty!!

......In this life there are many CONFIDENCE TRICKSTERS..........so please BEWARE!.......stay as an annonymous nick to enjoy, contribute and learn from I.C.Mag..........do not EVER give ANY entity here details that could EVER compromise your security IN ANY WAY!

*many thanks to D.G.......O.P. and J.J.Scorpio........plus any member that alerted us to this scam-bag.....

moonshoes

Stoned Silly said:
YOU BETTER COME HEAVY......... :mad:

Word up. I've said it before, I'll say it again,
deadcop.gif

D

DogBoy

Dont be disgusted by this thread guys. Take heart from the fact that a potentially dangerous situation has been taken care of. Feel confidence from the fact that this is a well run site with smart people on board and those people care enough to risk their own reputations in a potentially volatile call out to protect your security.

This thread should serve as a powerful demonstration of the power of a close community. I hope all the new guys who read this can get an idea of the need for security and use it to further protect themselves from those outside our group who seek to poison us with their evil.

Be alert in the future and dont be afraid to speak up if something does not add up. It's not just your ass on the line, it's for the good of all.

Together we stand, divided we fall!

Thanks to the admins too, truly our own ICMarines!

G

For those who feel ashamed or silly for having provided support or empathy to a likely scammer/or ???, a story from long ago occured to me today re. this thread.

25+ years ago, I had a dog that got hit by a car, and his leg was badly broken. He was the pup of a bitch that I'd travelled a lot of miles with, and I was very close to them both. They were my friends and family.

I took him all over the area near where I still live, going from vet clinic to vet clinic. He was in pain, and I had no money.

I was destitute to the point that I was down to one hand-gun, and didn't even have a full cylinder of bullets for it.

Every veterinarian I went to wanted cash, guns, or gold as payment/collateral.

I was going to take him home, and, as much as it pained me, I was going to take one of only 4 or 5 bullets that I had, and shoot him.

I made one final call, and I found a veterinarian off the beaten path; one whom I'd never seen before, or even knew was in the area before that day.

The vet did over $500.00 work on my pup, and did it with -no- collateral or down-payment of any kind, on a promise from me, a guy he'd never seen before.

Later on, I recommended him to another destitute hippie I knew whose dog(s) needed some injections, and also had no money at that time.

The vet in question again extended services with no money down, and no prior familiarity with my friend..

On a subsequent visit to see him, and pay him a little bit of the money I owed (he never ever charged me any interest, and worked out of a clinic in his home) I asked him this, "Doc XXXXXXXX, you didn't know me from Adam, and you helped me, doing the work at just over half of what others wanted, and doing it without payment or collateral. And you didn't know my friend either, extending the same credit to him as well. Why'd you take these risks?"

He replied, "Cause your dogs and you and your friend needed my help, and I was in a position to give it."

And I asked, "But what if we hadn't paid you?"

He replied, "If your friend hadn't paid me that twenty dollars, I'd be out twenty bucks. And I can pick up twenty bucks almost anywhere. But your friend would be out of a reputation. And he can't buy that anywhere for twenty bucks."

That old vet is dead now, rest his soul. he was a good man. But he taught me as much as anybody else did about how to weigh how much to risk or give.

I can safely give empathy anytime. It costs me nothing other than time and compassion.

And I'm not at fault for another's dishonesty.

If you got played for sympathy, pat yourself on the back for being a decent person. We need more decent persons in this world, frankly.

If you made yourself vulnerable by 'giving too much,' as some have implied may have occured, then please learn how to meter such things for your own benefit, so that if there's ever a next time, you don't do yourself any harm, while still being able to be a decent human being.

If you're feeling like you made yourself seriously vulnerable, then take required precautionary measures.

TMo3, if you're a cop, then you lived up to my beliefs about your kind, and if you're just a random scammer, then you're proof that some of human kind has not evolved past the stage of primordial ooze.

Take good care folks, and watch your keisters.

moose eater

G

Wow. Something in me still wants to believe she was telling the truth, lol. It's very hard for me to believe that someone would be so low as to say something like that if it wasn't so. I'm in fuckin shock man. I really hope that there isn't the slightest chance that she was telling the truth and that we aren't shutting out a soul in need but looking back it all adds up. I'm not going to presume that it was a cop, hopefully it was just some sick fuck that needs to be bitched slapped but if it was a cop I really wish that there was some way to expose them to the "straight" world to show them who is the real villain in the war on drugs. Whoever it was, that is some sick fucking shit. Wow

D

DogBoy

*** THE FACT OF THE MATTER ***

Okay, just to be 100% clear, i was the one who got the name of this soldier. Some research has shown that the name of the soldier given could not possibly be in any way connected to the information posted in this thread. The person tokinmomof3 is stating is actually a very well respected war hero who's parents have both made public comments to the press and are coping as best they can. I will not give the name as this person does not deserve to have their impeccable service tarnished by this faeces based thread but rest assured we have looked into this and NOTHING that has been stated in this thread is in any way accurate. I ask everyone who has participated in this thread to now let it lie. The truth, as always, is out and as a mark of respect i ask you all to research this no further so as to allow the true family of this proud soldier to NEVER know this crap happened.

My thanks to OP and DG for helping put this to rest and my thanks to this guy who in real life has done so well and behaved so honourably.

Let this be the end!

burnt out og'er
Veteran
wow...amazing how low some people will sink, playing into peoples emotions like that to pan-handle them.

op, dg, jj, db and everyone else involved...Great work uncovering this mess. :yes:

and that f'king scam artist didnt even know how to spell her supposed sons first name!
Johnathan <- wrong

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
moose eater said:
For those who feel ashamed or silly for having provided support or empathy to a likely scammer/or ???, a story from long ago occured to me today re. this thread.

25+ years ago, I had a dog that got hit by a car, and his leg was badly broken. He was the pup of a bitch that I'd travelled a lot of miles with, and I was very close to them both. They were my friends and family.

I took him all over the area near where I still live, going from vet clinic to vet clinic. He was in pain, and I had no money.

I was destitute to the point that I was down to one hand-gun, and didn't even have a full cylinder of bullets for it.

Every veterinarian I went to wanted cash, guns, or gold as payment/collateral.

I was going to take him home, and, as much as it pained me, I was going to take one of only 4 or 5 bullets that I had, and shoot him.

I made one final call, and I found a veterinarian off the beaten path; one whom I'd never seen before, or even knew was in the area before that day.

The vet did over $500.00 work on my pup, and did it with -no- collateral or down-payment of any kind, on a promise from me, a guy he'd never seen before.

Later on, I recommended him to another destitute hippie I knew whose dog(s) needed some injections, and also had no money at that time.

The vet in question again extended services with no money down, and no prior familiarity with my friend..

On a subsequent visit to see him, and pay him a little bit of the money I owed (he never ever charged me any interest, and worked out of a clinic in his home) I asked him this, "Doc XXXXXXXX, you didn't know me from Adam, and you helped me, doing the work at just over half of what others wanted, and doing it without payment or collateral. And you didn't know my friend either, extending the same credit to him as well. Why'd you take these risks?"

He replied, "Cause your dogs and you and your friend needed my help, and I was in a position to give it."

And I asked, "But what if we hadn't paid you?"

He replied, "If your friend hadn't paid me that twenty dollars, I'd be out twenty bucks. And I can pick up twenty bucks almost anywhere. But your friend would be out of a reputation. And he can't buy that anywhere for twenty bucks."

That old vet is dead now, rest his soul. he was a good man. But he taught me as much as anybody else did about how to weigh how much to risk or give.

I can safely give empathy anytime. It costs me nothing other than time and compassion.

And I'm not at fault for another's dishonesty.

If you got played for sympathy, pat yourself on the back for being a decent person. We need more decent persons in this world, frankly.

If you made yourself vulnerable by 'giving too much,' as some have implied may have occured, then please learn how to meter such things for your own benefit, so that if there's ever a next time, you don't do yourself any harm, while still being able to be a decent human being.

If you're feeling like you made yourself seriously vulnerable, then take required precautionary measures.

TMo3, if you're a cop, then you lived up to my beliefs about your kind, and if you're just a random scammer, then you're proof that some of human kind has not evolved past the stage of primordial ooze.

Take good care folks, and watch your keisters.

moose eater

wise words, thanks for the post

Last edited:

Fast Pine

What scares me is, these kind of people are all around us...In our every day lives. Walking to class with us, driving next to us, even cooking food and sometimes holding respectable positions in the world... :confused:

I came into this late..but know I would have fell for it tooo.

Maby this will cheer you guys up...

G

if there was any question, she could have posted any of the paper work at any time,
proof, thats all, but no proof, not yet? and looks like others have closed the noose!
oh what a tangled web we weave,
god bless us all
Peace eagles

G

Evil

Evil

Pure evil what this person did. Playing on other's misery to gain material things. This is what I meant when I said I was loosing hope in the human race. Imagine all the people trhat prayed for this person. I even gave K+ and commented. Good lesson for all of us.

REZDOG

Veteran
friendlyfriend....what a fucking sick prick.....
one day,all that karma's gonna' rip into him,and when it does,well,fuck him,he gets what he deserves....

Mother-fucking punk-ass bitch.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
What a trip, I don't know any Friendly Friend, before my time. I said something to tokinmomof3 back in her intro thread, and then kept seeing weird posts from her. By the time she had gotten to this thread, I didn't believe her for a second. I hadn't posted in it until I saw what OP had written, all her threads were odd man.
This was just about the lowest I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.