What's new

-<<[ NorthernLights and Bubblegum ]>>-

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Hey Hey Mr G
When I was first reading your posts, I was afraid how your plants would turn out, but damn did they ever bounce back, awesome looking.
The only advice I have is trying jiffy pellets for cloning, I transplant them once I see roots popping out the sides, they always take after that, and you just transplant the whole pellet. Very easy.
Good luck with the finish

mrgrowmez

hey DR.Dog! yea I guess it goes to show what a tough little plant it is we grow...i still have some small problems but otherwise they are all looking healthy and hopefully the end yield hasnt been fucked too hard :yoinks:

I went ahead and put the clones into some peat pellets that i had because i didnt want to go downstairs to storage and risk having the neighbours see me lugging up the soil :bat: .....they almost all had roots sticking out so we will see who pulls through and who dies :weakestli

mrgrowmez

well i came home from work 4:00 this morning and discovered that my apartment pleasently smelt like bubblegum!!..my apartment smells like bubblegum...oh god is it good :woohoo: i dont even want to kill the smell its so nice but im going to have too.........

on a sadder note, the clones were looking decidedley sick not sure if they will pull through or not...

NG2k

did you use a humidity dome when the clones were in the wick cloner?
if so you may have pulled the dome off to early. it needs to be done slowly... step by step. e.g open it a little more each day or if its a bottle/bag make a hole and enlargen it everyday. keep the leaves misted and damp if u havnt.... they should pull through fine.
peace
NG2k

mrgrowmez

Ok NG i put em back under the humidity hood and they have gotten alot better, then i made another stupid mistake!!!aarghh i changed lights from the 30w fluros to a 125w CFL and i think they have gotten too much light and have started trying to veg instead of develop roots...they have gotten some serious yellowing on the leaves and have started browning and dying on the leaves also overnight so i quickly changed back to the 30w and it hasnt got any worse, so fingers crossed.....lmao what a learning curve.
i now understand why its so ridiculous when the newbies ( like me) come on IC and ask about 5000w grows etc....im having problems with a few plants imagine having 50 or a 100 on your hands....

well heres some pics on day 13 of flowering...the bubblegum is developing lots of flowers and fast.....the northern lights is taking its time though so itll be interesting to see how it all turns out...still early days.

The two main colas on my BG...

a couple of the NL tops coming along slowly but surely

and another small BG top...

hows your harvest coming along NG? hope your able to hold yourself back at least a little while lol

I really hope the BG clones pull through as I love this plant so much!!!!!
I'm also starting to see the advantages of getting a decent camera for closeups.....

grow safe everyone.....

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey man, don't stress about the clones. The more you worry, the more you want to fix and then things go bad lol. I was worried about my clones too, but then I just left them and let them do their own thing and bang it worked lol. If you have the room build a bubble cloner, it doesn't cost much and it works great.
Here's an amazing link for a bunch of DIY threads that pontiac and some others posted, it's a great resource.

DIY thread

Can you post some pics of those clones?

Hope everything works out man, those plants are coming along nicely.... :joint:

B/R

NG2k

hey man....
looking great... all be it a little heat stressed. what are the temps like in that growroom?
very nice and yes patience is a virtue to all growers.
me....? im too darn patient :wink: (too darn lazy more like). i havnt harvested the other 5 yet... should be done in about..... 30mins :chin:
good luck man
NG2k

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
hey man nice lookin plants. i would recommend to you trying a little bubbler cloner. i dunno if its the same as your cloner but i built one out a rubbermaid container. i poked holes in the lid for cutting and got air pump that i connected to an airstone and kept the ends in the bubbles. i didn't even use any root growing solution or anything and they all had big healthy roots in less than a week i believe. well good luck

mrgrowmez

cheers everyone for the help and comments....

ive had some bad news arrive yesterday....my friend who lent me the light and ballast, gave me knowledge and wisdom and also gave me the bubblegum seeds has died.......

he was run over by a truck last week but i just found out yesterday after id been ringing him and sending messages on msn for a few days without any response...........

he was over on the sunday before it happened and he looked great and was so excited for harvest time so this whole grow is in his honour.....cant fucking belive his gone, i talked to him the night before it happened.....

he was in his last week of a medical residency and was about to become a Doctor after 8 long years of study

So everyone remember how quick your life can end!!!!!!!!!!

and most of all enjoy the one your living.

peace and love
:joint: :joint: :joint:
mr.g

mrgrowmez

ok heres a couple of pics on day 21 of flowering....

One of the NL's, ive taken clones of this one ...its very bushy and a nice dark green...

and heres the BG's three tops, slowly fattening up......ive also got a few clones of this one.

NG2k

wow... looking really good. very healthy and green, might be the picture but all the plants look very dark green, remember u want to lay off the nitrogen in flowering, so cut down on the grow ferts.... like really cut down on em 1/4 strength if possible. other than that damn good mate :wink:

NG2k

no what i mean is you want to give LESS nitrogen. use less grow ferts than the bloom ferts you use. PK 13/14 is only for the last 3 weeks i think.

NG2k

aaaaaah.... i see, fair enough, its just in the pictures they look very dark green. i cant remember what soil you were using either :joint:. what day of flower they on now?
NG2k

mrgrowmez

Hey NG,

im using a regular flower soil that you get at nurseries as there arent any specialty brands of soil here in sweden that ive seen.....

heres the ladys on day 32 of flower...

the BG

the NL

i wanted to get some pics of the clones and the other NL but my camera died on me......

im going to transplant the clones into one litre containers tomorrow they all pulled through nicely and ive narrowed it down to six keepers....two for mums and the other four ill flower out when these ones are finished.

peace everyone and i hope you all had a great 420
mr.g

NG2k

looking good mr GM, good to see you found some potential mums aswell.
get some pics of the clones up :D!.

peace
NG2k

Latest posts

Latest posts