What's new

NorthernKronic's-I got Pains.... But I got strains..

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
everythings lookn very nice MK esp the sugar shack rock on brotha rock on.

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
CHubby- Dude how lucky are u that you get to blow glass for a living? hahaha that is the shit dude! Its easy to be lazy but im sure u get down to business when the bills gotta get paid, but dood isnt that 10k crazy? A good friend of mine used to know how to do marbles when he blew a few years ago, and we have been talking about maybe getting a torch and materials together and start teaching ourselves how to blow(re-learn for him).. It will be a long time until I have the $$$ necessisary to really get down but I will definitly will be PM'ing you when I do it though.. Thanks again bro!

Zeus- Dude I got some bad news about the PC but ill tell ya more in a bit.. Thanks again for coming by:wave:

Major Thanks for coming by my friend. Yea I do love that shack, I feel priviledged to have her in my stable!

So a lot of crazy ass shit has happend since the last time I updated... about 1 week ago I opened up the closet to find my 430 hps bulb was burned out:badday: So I took down the one reflector and harvested 4 plants.. 2 Atomic crazes, 1 mongrul and 1 sugar shack.. The Shack and the crazes came out fine but after drying I noticed a bit of mold on the Mongrul.. Before this run I have never had any problems with molds in my grows. RH never got above 40% in the closet.

I blame this on a few different things this run....

#1- There was a serious lack of air circulation throughout the canopy because I stuffed to many plants into the closet.. and I need another circulating fan

#2. New house has a ton of mold spores in it and it fucking sucks....

#3- I wasnt as through as I usually am checking the grow everyday I would sometimes not even check the closet except once every 4 days to water..

It sucked though, I cut down the largest Sativa PC cola.. approx 19" long and after drying I found that about 60-70% of the cola had mold on it right up againsnt the stem :cuss: :bashhead: :spank: :badday:

Then after seeing how moldly that cola was I knew that my even larger cola that was still living in the closet must have atleast some mold in it.. Come to find that it was about 75% moldy in the large main cola of the Mongrul which was approx 20" long...... But I got them all cut down and checked for mold..

Thankfully the Bluebery and the Blockhead look to be mold free, which is what matters to me. Also the other Sativa Pollen chuck with the smaller colas and the Indica Pollen chucks look to be mold free. I will be chopping them tomorrow so I will take some pics and do a proper update then. Thanks to everyone that comes by!

-N.Kron:rasta:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
sorry to hear brotha...mold is never a good thing in any garden!!! What happened to the PC girl?? You must have lost her...I think I can help remedy that sit..!!!Talk later bro

- Z

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
salvage moldy buds by making BHO. it is the only real solution to obtaining smoke from moldy bud safely. i hope you read this b4 throwing it out.

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Buzzed- yea dude it does suck.... Next run will be much better though, live and learn... Every fucking time!

Zeus- Yea what happend was that my largest PC cola ended up being full of mold... It sucked.. I have plenty of other PC that isnt moldy so no worries my friend. I also still have my selected clone of PC to save for next run.. So we will be fine. Thanks again for always keeping it positive :muahaha:

SIR-BHO sounds like a great option.. I have never made it before but I know u need a tube or something like chubby sent you.. I will have to look into it more now that you say that..... I may also be purchasing a 5 gallon 8 bag bubble bag system so I might just use the trash buds for that as well. But we will see.

How do you make your BHO SIR? I would love to know how u do that shit!

Anyway I will be back tonight with some pics of the DJ BB, Blockhead and the Sativa PC's.. Cant wait till then. Peace yall!

A

AdmiralRed

An absolute pleasure flipping through the pages and looking at the pics. Nice work there man!

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Admiralred- Thanks for stopping by and reading through the thread its a long adventure, but its a fun one thats for sure!!!!

BR- Yea dude that fucking mold blows!!!! But I think I have the problem taken care of.. Went out today and got together the supplies to make BHO and made my very first batch out of about 24 grams of the moldy but still trich covered buds.. Looks like I will yeild more than a gram maybe even two so in my world thats turning trash into stash!!!

Again I will be taking some pics of this BHO and then the chop that Im going to do tonight. Thanks to both of you for stopping by.. And damn will this thread be better once I get some more pics up!!!

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Mold sucks bro, sorry to hear that. I was worried with my PC due to it being huge and sticky, but i got out of it ok

Best of luck bro, with your modified set up

SirSmokalot

Veteran
oh man i will post the link to the HOW TO for the BHO easier to let that do the talking. so easy though, a stainless steel turkey baster with a slight mod works fine for the tube. 10 bucks at target or walmart.

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
DRDOG- Yea dude no worries about the mold anymore.. I figured that I might as well turn lemons into lemonade and turned about 20 or so grams of Moldy bud into 1.75 grams of pure ass BHO and im super pleased with it.. So maybe it was a blessing in disguise.. Telling me I need to deal with my air circulation issues before moving onto the next setup.. Thanks for coming by dude:wave:

SIR-Scratch that bro, No need to post a tutorial anymore since I have already learned through practice.. It was really easy anyway.. the hardest part was finding the materials for the tube.. Went to like 5 different stores looking for a stainless steel or glass turkey baster and they all looked at me like a fool :spank: hahaha but none the less that was not going to stop me.. I bought a small glass cilinder vase and a glass drill bit and just used that instead and it seemed to work great.. I only used about 10oz of butane so I think when I get some more I will put another 6oz or so through that tube again because its still packed with trichs! Good Idea on the BHO though I wouldnt have tried it without your suggestion!

but since were on the subject of the BHO here are some pics of it from earlier.. And man does one hit of this shit ever send you to space :rasta:

Tonight was my first time ever trying BHO and man was it ever fun... Makes bubble hash feel like nothing hahhaha Thanks again sir for the idea! (Im gonna take some pics of the tube I made and edit them in here later so check that)

But anyway... I got some pics of the all of the ladies that got the chop tonight.. These were all closer to the fan and subsequently dont have any mold on them... so I think that helps support my theory..

First up is the Sativa PC that had the huge cola full of mold, that had already been cut..

Here is the other Sativa PC she had 3 nice big fatty colas on here.. should yeild well!!(fingers crossed)

This is whats left of the Pinky pheno mongrul.. After finding the mold in the large PC cola... I also found a large amount in the Pinky pheno big cola.. These lowers were all mold free and looked great though..

Now we got the BLOCKHEAD which looks like it is going to yeild great.. All of the buds are fat and rockhard so I cant wait to see what she ends up drying out to..

Last but def not least is the DJ short Blueberry.. and wow is she ever a huge bush.. again looking like a really great yeild and since this was right in front of the fan no signs of mold at all..

Well thats about it for this run, I will try and update with some #'s after they are all dry. I also have some veg shots I need to put up So that will happen soon as well. Thanks for coming by and I hope everyone enjoys the show!!!

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
all's lookin great brother...those moldy buds dont look too bad!!!They'll make some great bubble hash though!!!Keep it green man, Ill see ya later. Peace
- Z

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fine update broseph....pitty about the mold though....but some BHO or ISO can never hurt...:p i've been playing with it to...such nice taste and highs !!
you gotte be carefull every time..i always check for these yellow leavelets between the buds..it is these that cause budrot and/or mold....especially when it is flushing time...

N

NZjay

looks nice NK! i gotta try me some BHO sometime. looks delish.

hey, be carefull about posting pics of your fingerprints though dude...
can see your print really well in that one pic..

awesome looking buds, very phat! :)

B

buzzed day

hey i have a thread in growers forums about which seeds to get called willyjack seeds.didn't you grow some chronic?? if so what did you think of it and if you feel like it mayby check it and let me know what you think.thanks and peace

SirSmokalot

Veteran
sweet save bro. glad to help.... damn that MF blockhead is a F'n monster.

NZ, i doubt homie has a rap sheet. hes a youngin, but you are right... black those prints if you can remember

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Zeus- Yea dude the mold sucks but I turned all that bud into BHO so it wasnt a waste at all.. I def learned a lot. Thanks for coming by bro!!

Core- howdy buddy:wave: BHO is like my new favorite thing.. Its so damn powerful and tasty and really easy to make as long as you take the right precautions. Yea I just was not careful enough this last run and had a real lack of air flow thoughout the canopy.. That will not happen this next run or any run that I do from now on.. You just have to be vigilant and you will be fine.. Just gotta be through. THanks for stopping in my friend!

NZjay- Took care of that shit... dont worry bout me though im safe. Yea BHO is fun to make and even more fun to puff.. Only takes one hit to make me as blazed as if I smoke 2 full roor slides. Damn that stuff is the shit!!

Buzzed-Ill have to stop by that thread.. Never grown chronic the strain.. Plenty of chonic nugs though haahha. Good to see ya buddy

Dr.Dog- Well Dr.D I have two diff phenos of PC that smell and taste very diff from each other.. The sativa smells very fruity and sweet with a bit of a extra funkyness that I cant describe.. It tastes exactly like it smells. The Indica PC has more of an earthy scent with the same extra funkyness of the Sativa PC...

But needless to say I love the PC.. How does yours smell/taste? In my experience it tastes better and better the longer its left in the jar.. I had my last nugget for about 3 months and at the end it was just delicious.. Im excited to hear others reports on the Core gear because they were all very interesting to me. Thanks for stopping by dude!

Sir-Hahaha Yea trash to stash is the way to go dude.. That blockhead is a monster man.. I am about to put her into paper bags and it looks like she should give me a new single plant yeild record... 3 zips if im lucky.. that would really be sweet. Im gonna do a little blockhead BHO aswell to see how the flavor will transition.. Is it better to make BHO with fresh or cured buds? or does it make a difference? Blacked prints f sho... Thanks for stopping by dude!

But anyway I will have some time soon so I will take pics of the vegging plants that will be going into flower next week or so.. Thanks for stopping by everyone its much appreciated:wave: