What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern lights?

slender

Whats up with everyone growing northern lights outdoor this year? gonna be awesome to see all your guys budshots come September!!!

Space Toker

Veteran
I hate abbreviations as I cannot often recognize what they supposed to stand for, I mean bb could be bubbleberry or blueberry or like 20 other things. So why is that relevant? be damn if I know, another thread perhaps. But as far as I know, NL was never an outdoor strain, was created to grow well in greenhouses in the PNW (oh yeah abbreviations suck, pacific northwest if you don't know, I seriously did not know what abbreviations that simple meant many times but that is another topic we all don't want to discuss). I heard hybrids with SK1 or other do well, but I think this is one of those strains you have to induce flowering indoors first to have it work but that could be tall tales for all I know. But if I had to pick an outdoor stain to grow, it would not be NL. I hope that helps somehow!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
northern lights is so 90s.. the only northern lights I like is in the sky..now that's a sight to behold stoned...northern lights is outdated in my garden...yeehaw

G

ganjygav

I'm running northern lights indoors next to a gg#4 cut but I've got bubblegum in back yard. I love the old strains.

slender

northern lights is so 90s.. the only northern lights I like is in the sky..now that's a sight to behold stoned...northern lights is outdated in my garden...yeehaw

i still enjoy northern lights but without a doubt some newer strains are much more potent. Northern lights grows in greenhouses really well in my area. only reason i grew this strain this year.

slender

I'm running northern lights indoors next to a gg#4 cut but I've got bubblegum in back yard. I love the old strains.

nothin wrong with old strains. For the record ive smoked northern lights strains at 25 percent thc and i loved the high and smoke .smooth and sweet kinda earthy. but everyone is different. and strain selective.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
NL is an awesome strain! I've found it really helps with my knee pain...that is, when I can find it in dispensaries.

bakerman

Seed Junkie!:D
Veteran
Got my seeds by sending in hockey cards for seeds...You could trade what ever you wanted and they evaluate and send same value seeds..this was in the 90's!:D

slender

without a doubt NL is a dated strain stoned. I have yet to experiment with lot of the newer phenotype people have been breeding but time is approaching!!

slender

I hate abbreviations as I cannot often recognize what they supposed to stand for, I mean bb could be bubbleberry or blueberry or like 20 other things. So why is that relevant? be damn if I know, another thread perhaps. But as far as I know, NL was never an outdoor strain, was created to grow well in greenhouses in the PNW (oh yeah abbreviations suck, pacific northwest if you don't know, I seriously did not know what abbreviations that simple meant many times but that is another topic we all don't want to discuss). I heard hybrids with SK1 or other do well, but I think this is one of those strains you have to induce flowering indoors first to have it work but that could be tall tales for all I know. But if I had to pick an outdoor stain to grow, it would not be NL. I hope that helps somehow!

being resident of the northwest as well as being part Native Indian of this area. i have to respect NL. it is said a man named the indian from the northwest created the phenotype.

awesome responses guys!

Slender, :tiphat:

Space Toker

Veteran
Nut sure who the originator was but thanks for relating what you heard. Although it goes back a while, I think it is still very relevant at least for breeding, and being the sentimental semi-old fart I am, I like to think it is more than just that.

Latest posts

Latest posts