What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights types 1-11

Ttzoo

He has the most authentic claim to nl out there. Much more so than a person like swami, who ssems so full of bs

I'm inclined to agree, purely based on research, listening to the Potcast etc. I'm expecting a mass of variation with the Swami gear, hope to find something half decent.

Such a shame the industry has been full of lies and deceit, makes it bloody hard to find old school genetics.

Last edited:

Ttzoo

IMG-20220930-WA0000.jpg
This is a squatter pheno of NL5 from The Green Stash (hoping its a girl), topped once. They've had NL since the late 90s. This was from their open pollination, where as their selected line had a much lankier profile.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Great info on this thread.

I've bought Swami Organic Seeds The One x Ds NL2R2 and I have Todd's NL2 on the way.

Disappointed to read that the AGS NL2 may be a recreation, the picture on his site doesn't look like the NL2s pictured on this thread, has anyone grown these out yet and can shed any light on that?
I ordered some when they first came out.
Screenshot_20221001-195911_Instagram.jpg

I won't say much, it's not Pure NL2, more of a cross. Call it what Greg named it "Neutron Lites".

Last edited:

Piff_cat

i tend to believe combining known clone only northern lites lined combined to the good remaining seed lines like dr atomic is the best way to go if your trying to find a new mother clone like nevils nl5 female. if you take those original 80s genes they will pair up and hopefully throw out some transgressive seg phenos. weve seen this works great in mad macs haze work- putting the a5 clone so sams seedline selections created a huge beautiful lady that represents where the se asian and indian ganja lines diverged historically. probly around odissa

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome thread. Great info in here.. Love that 84 nl cut pictured.

How different are the same genetics sold today as they were in the 80's?.

Is the NL#2 and the purest Indica seeds sold today the same as they were back then?.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
i tend to believe combining known clone only northern lites lined combined to the good remaining seed lines like dr atomic is the best way to go if your trying to find a new mother clone like nevils nl5 female. if you take those original 80s genes they will pair up and hopefully throw out some transgressive seg phenos. weve seen this works great in mad macs haze work- putting the a5 clone so sams seedline selections created a huge beautiful lady that represents where the se asian and indian ganja lines diverged historically. probly around odissa
Nevil's NL5 was the best representation of Steve Murphy's Afghani.

Last edited:

Piff_cat

Nevil's NL5 was the best representation of Steve Murphy's Afghani.
Right so locating lines with nevils original clone that are still at f1 without recombination. C5 and a5 from south Holland for sure. Swami 84nl x (nevnl5 x haze c) the mom A qnd B swami clones come from this mating. He's actually selling the "lines now too. Then he broke down the bx to sativa and indica. I think c5 would be better option to a5 as the np5 could not be engulfed by haze a. Another interesting development is swami took nl1 and crossed it to saipan trying to recreate original nl5 type mix

Ttzoo

I ordered some when they first came out.
View attachment 18763965

I won't say much, it's not Pure NL2, more of a cross. Call it what Greg named it "Neutron Lites".

Thanks @RoyalFlush, that is disappointing, but hopefully will find something in there.

It's for a medical patient too who's condition makes them have stupididly high tolerance, so I was after the NL2 for the potency. If the potency is there I'm fine with it, but the name changing it sucks ass.

Thanks again, appreciate the info.

JohnnyChicago

Thats q cool plant. Is it varigation on edges or nutrient related? I've seen smooth shiny varigation in sannies jack qlot

It's variegation.
Good eye, Piff_cat.

Lovely plant, what smells do you get from her?

In veg is she leggy or a does she have a stockier structure?
n veg

Smells are lemony, skunky, gassy/fermentation with the dark green terps of the US NL5.
NL#25.jpg
nl25.jpg
nl#25.jpg

nl25.jpg

To compare, dried buds of what I consider a pheno that should be very similar to the US NL5 clone. (the one I have posted in june).
nl1.jpg
nl1e.jpg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran