What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights Micro, 16"x16"x32"-- 97 watts LED, Low Odor.

Forum Participation. keep #9 or chop?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crimsonecho

Wow, I have to admit you lost me a bit here, apparently I have some learning to do when it comes to making edibles. I use the "firecracker" method, decarb at 240 for around 30 minutes (give or take) and I simply eat the decarbed weed.

I've heard alcohol is used to increase potency and have considered trying it. I'll have to find some everclear if I can. I think its illegal in my state now, we'll see..

I have at least 3 ounces of shake thats piling up from my grows. Its getting old now, I guess I should cook it..

View attachment 18944815
better late then never i gues haha

i like qwet because its more versatile and concentrated then just crumbling weed into your brownies imo. just a little bit of alcohol and a lot of thc in a piece of chocolate mhhh just the way i like it lol

i melt the chocolate in bain-marie style and dump the qwet in fold and mix it well and just pour it into moulds.

singlecoiled

better late then never i gues haha

i like qwet because its more versatile and concentrated then just crumbling weed into your brownies imo. just a little bit of alcohol and a lot of thc in a piece of chocolate mhhh just the way i like it lol

i melt the chocolate in bain-marie style and dump the qwet in fold and mix it well and just pour it into moulds.

You had me curious so I googled QWET. Wow, that seems to be an entire science to itself. Thanks ! I love to learn new things.

singlecoiled

1.5 weeks into flower. No pistols yet, but their in the mail.

I was originally planning for 8 colas in a circle but one pesky chute decided to hide and pop out making it 9 colas. I supercropped it and bent it into the middle... It may or may not stay, we'll see.

_DSC6145.JPG

_DSC61429.JPG

_DSC6143.JPG

View attachment 18947172

Last edited:

singlecoiled

I thought my PPM pen was crazy, the readings were sky high so I flushed the plant with 5 gallons of water last night... PPM's were 1800 or so, 700 after flush and feeding... Here she is a day later perking up ! Much better looking than the pic a day before (above). PH is a bit high, I'll get it down.

4th grow Nirvana Northern Lights: 16 inches by 16 inches and not a single leaf touching the walls. talk about cutting it close ! I dont have much height to work with either, we still have some stretching to do and I'll be cutting it close with only 24 inches of Cola space to use....

_DSC6151.JPG

Last edited:

singlecoiled

End of week 2 flower: Feeding Foliage Pro only for the rest of the grow...

Side view, the stems are looking thick and healthy. All 9 tops equal in height, its going as planned...

_DSC6174.JPG

End of Week 3 flower (side comparison) Will update here to show the weekly progress.

_DSC6204.JPG

End Week 4 flower

_DSC6254.JPG

Last edited:

singlecoiled

The line of thinking that bloom nutrients are not needed is backed by the CEO of Dyna-Gro who said 14yrs ago that:

"As you have noted, our Foliage-Pro does a great job start to finish. However, it is simpler to give the market what they think they need than to try to reeducate it. There is some evidence to believe that low N helps to convince a plant to stop its vegetative growth and move into its reproductive phase (flowering), but environmental factors are probably more important. P is typically 5th or 6th in order of importance of the six macronutrients. There is little scientific justification for higher P formulas, but marketing does come into play for the vast majority of users who lack any real understanding of plant nutritional requirements." (Source).

Fortman420

With you soil are you just feeding a ph balanced h2O. I like the system and thought behind this and seems like it's working well. Appreciate the updates of progress on this grow

singlecoiled

With you soil are you just feeding a ph balanced h2O. I like the system and thought behind this and seems like it's working well. Appreciate the updates of progress on this grow

Ive grow Nirvana Northern Lights four times now. Its a very consistent strain to learn from, all of my plants have been exactly the same. I am a relatively new grower and am using this as an opportunity to learn. My past three grows used Bloom/Flower nutrients after flipping 12/12. This grow I will be using Dyna Grow Foliage pro only, to see what happens.

To answer your question, I am using RO water and Dyna Grow Foliage Pro. Thats it. Very simple and very cheap. The soil is Fox Farm Coco Loco (coco/soil mix) with added perlite and a cup or two of rabbit manure from my pet rabbit. I'm growing in a 3 gallon cloth pot and watering every 3 days or so. Coco loco really holds the water, almost too much ! My watering frequency might increase as she enters mid flower.

I'm feeding Foliage Pro at around 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp per gallon every watering until heavy runoff. I monitor PH in and PH out as well as PPM's... I do not use PH up or down, I use Dyna Grow Protekt (just a little) to PH my water to around 6.0-7.0 range.

I do have a bottle of Cal Mag just in case, but am trying hard to use the right amount of Foliage Pro so that no deficiencies begin. Thats the nice thing about Foliage Pro, its got everything a plant needs, 12 bucks a bottle and it has lasted 4 grows now using less than 1/4 of a bottle....

Last edited:

Fortman420

I remember years ago (02'-04'), the fella that started to teach me how to grow along with us running the advanced nutrients line we also ran a foiler feed regiment consisting of SM-90 (wetting agent + bug spray) growth plus and dutch master folitec. We would spray upto 5-6wks every 3 days starting right after the cutting started to root heavily. Had to watch the flower wasn't overly dense which mold could occur due to the higher moisture. Your post reminded me of this and I'm glad people are still doing this style of feeding.

For the smoke due to the extra nutrients in the leaf matter do you just let it cure longer to allow for the nitrogen to break down further or you don't notice much of an after taste?

Worked amazing and deficiencies were non exist

Last edited:

singlecoiled

I remember years ago (02'-04'), the fella that started to teach me how to grow along with us running the advanced nutrients line we also ran a foiler feed regiment consisting of SM-90 (wetting agent + bug spray) growth plus and dutch master folitec. We would spray upto 5-6wks every 3 days starting right after the cutting started to root heavily. Had to watch the flower wasn't overly dense which mold could occur due to the higher moisture. Your post reminded me of this and I'm glad people are still doing this style of feeding.

Im using Foliage Pro fertilizer by Dyna-grow. I am not feeding foliarly at all, maybe there is some confusion here? Good stuff though, I have considered trying foliar feeding, but havent yet. I'm too worried about burning my leaves or mold.

dynaedit.JPG

For the smoke due to the extra nutrients in the leaf matter do you just let it cure longer to allow for the nitrogen to break down further or you don't notice much of an after taste?

Worked amazing and deficiencies were non exist

Fortman420

Im using Foliage Pro fertilizer by Dyna-grow. I am not feeding foliarly at all, maybe there is some confusion here? Good stuff though, I have considered trying foliar feeding, but havent yet. I'm too worried about burning my leaves or mold.

View attachment 18950138

I just read the bottle and assumed it was solely a foiler feeding system from start to finish, my misunderstanding.

As for foiler feeding, theres a couple of ways to go about this without issue that I have experienced. Spray just before lights off and you'll avoid burning due to the magnifying glass effect from the water droplets. By lights of and a mild breeze in the grow area over the dark period there shouldn't be any moisture left. Another option is from a company called Optic Folier. They've made a spray that you can spray during lights "ON". As it warms up it turns into a gas and disappears before any damage occurs. I heard about them on Dude Grows Shop podcast. Works awesome. I use there overgrow product, very happy with it and it's results.

Thanks for making the posts, enjoyable to read and straightforward with your steps.

singlecoiled

Thanks for making the posts, enjoyable to read and straightforward with your steps.

My pleasure! its not the most exotic or sexy grow, but I thought some might appreciate a "micro grow" with a low odor strain. It can be done !

Chatter away, I like the company and feedback here. I'll be updating the flower pics every two weeks and will edit the page above so the pictures stay together...(you can watch the flowers progressing sequentially.)

singlecoiled

I voted to keep it haha, because its getting good light

Man, you got this in just in time. I had the poll set to close tommorrow and was getting ready to chop out number 9 tonight. I'll stick to my word and keep it though. Your one vote saved #9 from the chop ! (your a Cola life saver)

This grow was very strategic using a manifold balanced for 4 colas per side in a circle. By doing this, the 8 colas all live with equal light and height.. Number 9 adds one chute throwing off the balance, 5 and 4.. I'm not sure it will matter that much but in the end it may pay off...We'll have to see.. # 9 is in the strongest light as well dead center...(although lagging behind a bit)

5 more weeks to go in flower till harvest. Pics to come soon, she is in full blown flower mode now and looking really beefy. My bet is that each cola will weigh over 2 ounces each wet. 9x2 =18 ounces wet....= around 2.5-3 ounces dry. This grow will only be harvesting the top of the top of the colas. Zero popcorn when done like this.

Last edited: