What's new

Nordic/Danish outdoor strains and genetics

Nik Dynosaur

it makes beautiful red bubble.

everyone who i've talked to about leb27 says that it's wonderful for hash. Some even say that it's better for hash than for ganja

FFawler

sounds very nice!
Can you give me an estimation how many of this beautiful ''red bubble'' I can harvest from let's say 1 kg of dried flowers?

Grow4Fun80

Any of these strains that can successfully grown @63N (Trondheim Norway)?
Or am I better off with some autoflowers from Lowlife?

Awesome pictures, btw! Sometimes I wish I lived further south :)

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
leb27 on its own isn't very powerful smoked as pot but have a very nice social high
perfect for day time smoking
it yields very good under optimal conditions and is good for dry sifted hash or kief'
potency ranges from below to above average depending on pheno
for what phenoes to look for better ask Esbe as he have done a lot of work on this strain in the past

from bud to kief expect around 10% kief in weight
depending on net size and quality of resin from the buds
some more, some less
i had an average in 10& from different strains harvested in corn by running the dried plant material in a pollinator placed inside a freezer for one hour
first run with a 160 micron net, then one run later with a 200 micron net
more can be achieved but then the outcome gets more "green"

where i think leb27 has very good potential is in crosses
where it gives good yield, potency, earliness and mold resistance to strains that wouldnt otherwise be outdoor suited
ive tried hindu kush x leb27 and it yielded really well and was damn potent also
it would have yielded between 500 grams to 1 kilo og bud if i hadnt been to busy to harvest it before mold had its take

still when mold was removed it yielded well in pollinator

Grow4Fun80:
i think you should be able to harvest most of the early strains with out problems at your latitude
but use this to compare day length, harvest date, latitudes etc to try and estimate a theoretically harvest date at your latitude
http://www.jgiesen.de/daylight/
i think Early Dane, erocket x danish passion, Danish PAssion, royal dane, thyphoon and other early ones should be perfect
maybe also leb27 and some later ones

those i harvested in corn this year where all with mature seeds when harvested at end September here, although i had to pull the leb27 with roots and let her mature in water buckets at home for a week or 2

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Some great info gunnar,i hope to find a few early phenotypes in my F1 biddy early x chronic and F1 amstelonic (passion#1 x chronic) that will be suitable for 50*N+.i don't expect to find super early phenotypes in the F1's but it'll be F2 and beyond.
I grew aload of amstelonic 3 seasons ago and they all started flowering early august and finished mid oct and i was very surprised i didn't get hardly any budrot while 2ft away my kali mist x chronic melted to mush.

here's a few pics of the amstelonic's

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hey Gunnarguchi,

thanks a lot for gathering all those informations, and esbe and the other for the great picts ! Sound like you got some really nice strains there :)

I found out that growing outdoor needs specific strains in wet/cold climate, to achieve a nice taste/smell/high which can compete with indoor growing... Those strains seems perfect for that ! No wonder why i remember smoking nice herb in kristiana few years ago ^^

Any pict of some hash from the leb27 ???? red sounds yummy !

Thanks a lot for sharing !

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Gunnarguchi,

thanks a lot for gathering all those informations, and esbe and the other for the great picts ! Sound like you got some really nice strains there :)

I found out that growing outdoor needs specific strains in wet/cold climate, to achieve a nice taste/smell/high which can compete with indoor growing... Those strains seems perfect for that ! No wonder why i remember smoking nice herb in kristiana few years ago ^^

Any pict of some hash from the leb27 ???? red sounds yummy !

Thanks a lot for sharing !

i think Maffe has some pix of leb27 kief and hash in the Hash section

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 new strains added
later ill move crosses to the post below the pure strains so they will be seperated

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
some strain info and new crosses added

added partly info on guerrilla gold x danish passion and hindu kush x leb27, more to come though

ive added a little more info and a few harvest pix of the Early dane
the pictures are from the original breeder who harvested his firsts Early Danes in Mid August 07

seedbay has just confirmed receiving some early danish genetics ive send in
i hope they get listed very soon

you can use this thread to find info on those listed and other danish genetics
as well as more will be added in the future

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice to finally see them on seedbay
the latest update to Early Dane with description and pictures hasn't been included yet but they are to been seen on first page in this thread

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread btw. I didnt realise the weather here had so much potential for outdoor growth.

its possible
we have grown some early potent stuff for more than 30 years here
but forget about just taking any random strains and expect it to finish here in our harsh climate'
the genetics have to be both early and mold resistant also or at least being a cross with some early genetics
most exotic strains will start flower way to late here and probably just mold away before fully ripe

some of the old pot strains arent that potent but we have had skilled breeders with many years of experience with outdoor growing refining the best of them and breed crosses with more exotic strains also.

E

elmanito

Whats the flowering period of the Oldfarmer Nepal???
Nice strains you have added!!!Thnx for the beans.

Namaste :canabis:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats the flowering period of the Oldfarmer Nepal???
Nice strains you have added!!!Thnx for the beans.

Namaste :canabis:

no problem :joint:

i dont know the exact flowering period as i didnt write down when they started to flower but when taken an harvest date mid September as sensimilla i dont think the flowering period is very long
9 weeks at most but probably closer to 8 i would guess