What's new

NorCal vs SoCal: market conditions Winter 09

cali mike

Ok so its never an easy life for vendors in the Bay Area- but Ive never seen it like this. Due to the slow economy (slackening demand) and the increase of new players into the market plus the seasonal influx of outdoor (increasing supply) I couldn't sell a pound to a dispensary to save my life- everybody and their mom got trees coming out of they're ears.

There is one thing that puzzles me about this- when supply is up and demand down price is supposed to fall and so far it hasn't. I do give credit to the dispensary's up here for that. Ive gone into several and they've told me the product I have is excellent, worth 3400-3700, and then told me they were full of inventory and couldnt buy right now. I then offer to drop the price to 3000 or less and they say they cant do that they always pay what its worth rather than dropping price. This throws a shoe in the gears of the free market doesn't it? Price supports? What is a NorCal vendor to do? Stockpile??

No. The answer is ... go South young man...

So here is my question: how are market conditions in Southern California right now?

Is it a buyers market or sellers market or are conditions at equilibrium?

Are dispensary's accepting vendors? How much are they paying?

Any recommended places to vend? What area is best? LA, Orange, San Diego County?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

T

theJointedOne

whats up mike. had a friend just get bak and he said those fools down south are crazy. If you have some fire indoor it will flip no problem but dont expect that everyone down there has money. Dudes wanted like o's and q's when guy had packs, you know? Outdoor isnt opening back up for a month at least. If you have the fire innie then you will be fine and successful

good luck
nice bird, is that a Ganja?

cali mike

yes das me ganga budgie... he smokes till hes green

yes das me ganga budgie... he smokes till hes green

yes its all nice indoor that be what i do... i made a couple calls to dispensaries down there and their price pt was like 2700 or so. i guess thats what u mean when u say "dont expect that everyone down there has money" i dont mind breakin elbows but would rather not. and id rather deal with dispensary esp in a foreign land.

heard from a friend in SD said all the herb there is pretty shitty and expensive like 60 for and eighth!! im hoping to arrange before departure. fools could make triple theyre cash if they picked up a norcal pack for 3k and broke it up small like dat

Grendelkhan

Yeah Mikes its that time of year in Northern Cali and I would agree with you that there is more smoke floating around out there than there every has been. I also has a similar type of event the other day out at the clubs in town, I was going to check out some seeds and there were several vendors all waiting to try and unload some gear. It didn't happen for them either. Just remember that the club have people that are their people. Then throw in a bad encomy and you have the perfect storm for a butt load of b class weed flooding the market. I think that you have the correct information about heading south. The south is a better spot to get more for it if you need the cash now but it also comes with its own set of worries. I would suggest that you hold on too it for about a month or so. Things will calm down a bit and trust me peoples will get tired of that b class weed quickly and when they do they have have the hungry for that first rate fire that you got. The other thing to remember is that you want to have your shit ready to go by Oct 1 next year! It only takes once and you should never forget it! I know that I did.
Good luck and remember to live poor!
Gkhan.

WokkaWokka!

I saw this shit coming a year ago, everybody and their mother growing shitty weed. Too much shitty weed for cheap. . . Then the bigtimers in trinity and mendo growing 100's of units and dumping them all for 22-25 for ok to mid quality is a total dick move.

m4n

I saw this shit coming a year ago, everybody and their mother growing shitty weed. Too much shitty weed for cheap. . . Then the bigtimers in trinity and mendo growing 100's of units and dumping them all for 22-25 for ok to mid quality is a total dick move.

LOL @ total dick move.

cali mike

The south is a better spot to get more for it if you need the cash now but it also comes with its own set of worries.

other than transportation challenges...what would those worries be?

would u go to LA or SD? Any specific clubs?

:1help:

thanks for the reply, and unfortunately this is the second year in a row i put myself in this situation. Last year it wasn't so bad, so I thought it was some kind of fluke. NEVER AGAIN!!

J

JackTheGrower

I read the prices are not down in a glut.. That's a clear sign of racketeering.

So this is why I say we need true legalization. If We expect the market to not be corrupt we must allow the consumer to produce..

25 square foot is not competition enough to stop price fixing.

WokkaWokka!

You have got it backwards jack, any price fixing is done at the receiving end meaning the dispensaries. They long ago decided to not pay much and in the last 5 years the cost of buds has dropped something like 20%. Eighths are impossible to sell for more than $40 in much olf the state. This also caused a drop in quality overall because the incentive to produce the finest has slacked off. Nobody wants jack herer when they can get purple erkle for less as a general example.

25 ft square is BS also but those are city guidelines or county, irrelevant to sb 420 isn't it ? Those kind of regulations are the ones people just have to say "no way, go shove it!" and then sue if they bust you.

slawdogg420

You guys should try offloading in S. Oregon.
LOL, Cheapest prices in the world. $170oz for bubba, TW, and chem
you can hardly pay your power bill

johnnyla

Veteran
I read the prices are not down in a glut.. That's a clear sign of racketeering.

So this is why I say we need true legalization. If We expect the market to not be corrupt we must allow the consumer to produce..

25 square foot is not competition enough to stop price fixing.

i'm sure the feds are ready to pounce using RICO and tax evasion. i can only speak for LA county prices over the last three years, but the retail price has stayed the same while the wholesale price has gone down. it's called, "the middle man".

bigbrokush

Well let me tell you. Prices will come down and come down fast, here in LA. People who use to come down here and charge high ass prices are finding that the clubs have found that they need to grown what the people really want the most. Which means that they can cut the cost of paying a arm and a leg for the high end meds. Now all they need to buy are good mids for the people.

G

guest1ab

mmph. The market isn't flooded in Pennsylvania, let me tell you. :frown:

WokkaWokka!

Well let me tell you. Prices will come down and come down fast, here in LA. People who use to come down here and charge high ass prices are finding that the clubs have found that they need to grown what the people really want the most. Which means that they can cut the cost of paying a arm and a leg for the high end meds. Now all they need to buy are good mids for the people.

What??

V

Voodoo

Im in SD and the clubs are maintaining the prices I've always seen. 350-400 an ounce for quality. Wouldn't know about what they're buying for, I'm personal use only - the best price in a recession is free! :smokeit:

So Cal markets as bad as anywhere in the state, any fool can jump in their rig and travel. and in this economy they are, so norcal prices are socal prices, lucky to get 32 if you know the right people already, and that wont be c.o.d. either by the way. worst its been yet, and guess what, gonna get worse. every man for himself, grab a bucket and start bailing, or swim. even kats taking it east arent paying shit, they know its a down and flooded to shit market also. wholesale prices keep dropping, but retail is staying solid. can make as much breaking one down as movin 20, or sittin on and tryin to move 20 that is.
good luck, the recession has finally hit this market, took a little while though.
combined with everyone and their mother, brother, brothers kid, neighbor, uncle, and cousin trying their hands a growing, we just grew ourselves right outta our hard earned income.

Latest posts

Latest posts