What's new

Nor-Cal VS So-Cal

If this is in the wrong forum please move it :thank you: Whats up with the diffrence between the two ? It's like every club from the bay to sac have just oaksterdam clones but clubs in so-cal have all kind of bomb ass cuts all kinds of dank ass og's too many to list and almost every club has a diffrent clone menu, all we got up here is sfv og and the same ol oaksterdam clone which ive read mixed reviews on :badday: I live in sac now and damn near every club has the same clone menu , now dont get me wrong I have nothing but love for nor-cal and the sfv og is good but damn its like so-cal is killing us up north . Is it cuz theres so many clubs down south or somthing im missing are growers down south just alot cooler or what? not as much strain hoarding? I'd think since we have the triangle up here it would be the other way around Ive been looking around on the net and its like day and night maybe someone from up here could point me in the right direction. good thing I have family in so-cal :D Peace

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Especially the side where they bitch and moan about what shade of brilliant green isn't par to the chartreuse back over there.... when most of us are looking at concrete or astroturf.

simos

Why not take a little drive out to GKG? Plenty of fantastic cuts an hour and a half from your home base, from a source that couldn't be more trustworthy and honest about what they supply.

The only 100% legit source in LA I know of is PO in San Fernando. There are a ton of fake cuts floating around the easily-accessible SoCal scene. Tons of people selling Cali Connect cuts as the real deal. An ungodly amount of renaming going on. Every money grubbing dispensary has its own proprietary cut. Yeah fookin right. It makes sense as demand is sky high, what with all the noobs that think OGK variants are the only good strains out there. Anything really exceptional (take G's cut, for example) never makes it into circulation.

During my four years in LA it became clear that the vast, vast majority of clubs down there are all about profit, most totally devoid of integrity. The avenues through which genetics are shared are almost exclusively commercial networks. Up north, genetics tend to be held and spread within longstanding local groups - you just have to be linked into the right circles...

I would explain the lack of dispensary availability as a function of the fact that the community has been cultivated in NorCal for so much longer. In other words, most established growers that want strains other than Oaksterdam cuts are probably connected well enough that they don't need to go to a dispensary to get what they want. The Oaksterdam cuts are more than good enough for any novice, and they sell like hotcakes to their intended customer base.

On the subject of OGs, I'm going to give credit where it's due - the Oaksterdam cut is legit. Perhaps not as superb as the Tahoe, Fire, or Skywalker, but a good one all the same.

All that said, it is peculiar that a legit clone clearinghouse doesn't exist in the bay... we still have it pretty sweet, though. :dance013:

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Want a solution ese > find a $6.00 a day with free showers camp site and make it your residents for part of the year and you can live the best of both worlds. problema resuelto!

R

rick shaw

Huh,so you are tired of the strains available in the Bay/NorCal area.If only there was somewhere else to go.Someplace that has a wide variety of strains, maybe even a web site,with delivery.Mmm this is a puzzler.

Why not take a little drive out to GKG? Plenty of fantastic cuts an hour and a half from your home base, from a source that couldn't be more trustworthy and honest about what they supply.

The only 100% legit source in LA I know of is PO in San Fernando. There are a ton of fake cuts floating around the easily-accessible SoCal scene. Tons of people selling Cali Connect cuts as the real deal. An ungodly amount of renaming going on. Every money grubbing dispensary has its own proprietary cut. Yeah fookin right. It makes sense as demand is sky high, what with all the noobs that think OGK variants are the only good strains out there. Anything really exceptional (take G's cut, for example) never makes it into circulation.

During my four years in LA it became clear that the vast, vast majority of clubs down there are all about profit, most totally devoid of integrity. The avenues through which genetics are shared are almost exclusively commercial networks. Up north, genetics tend to be held and spread within longstanding local groups - you just have to be linked into the right circles...

I would explain the lack of dispensary availability as a function of the fact that the community has been cultivated in NorCal for so much longer. In other words, most established growers that want strains other than Oaksterdam cuts are probably connected well enough that they don't need to go to a dispensary to get what they want. The Oaksterdam cuts are more than good enough for any novice, and they sell like hotcakes to their intended customer base.

On the subject of OGs, I'm going to give credit where it's due - the Oaksterdam cut is legit. Perhaps not as superb as the Tahoe, Fire, or Skywalker, but a good one all the same.

All that said, it is peculiar that a legit clone clearinghouse doesn't exist in the bay... we still have it pretty sweet, though. :dance013:
hey thanks for the info your right we do have it good here I can see why the other posters not from cali are so cynical k+ :dance013:

Huh,so you are tired of the strains available in the Bay/NorCal area.If only there was somewhere else to go.Someplace that has a wide variety of strains, maybe even a web site,with delivery.Mmm this is a puzzler.
nope not having trouble finding strains just have trouble finding new clones :wave:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
the thing is, socal pays more, so just about all the outstanding product goes down there.....

case in point, my boy grows the best og i have ever smoked or seen in my life. no dispensary or collective is willing to pay more then $3k right now for the kill up here. we shot down to LA a couple days ago and he got $4800 with a 20 pack, they were paying $5200 a few weeks ago for the same stuff.....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
northern california- beautiful redwood forests, cooler temps, lots of green, lots of mountains, rocky coasts...the med scene has a few gems but just as many fake labaled over priced thugged out bullshit like socal....just gotta know the right ones...

souther california- hotter, more traffic, in the LA land lots of urban sprawl, smoggier. the good parts of Socal are that its beaches are way more prettier, they have the whole hollwywood high class circuit, higher prices for weed....stricter police than norcal..

Latest posts

Latest posts