What's new

Nomaad's Outdoor Adventure 2009 v1.2

hanuman

Incredible garden nomaad !!! :jawdrop:

Did I read at the beginning of the thread that you consider yourself a complete newbie?

:laughing: :laughing:

Congrats anyway, can't wait to see what it'll look like in full bloom!

h :ying:

nomaad

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by, guys.

Hanuman, I have never grown any cannabis before this project. My wife and our partner in Central America have dabbled a little for some head smoke a couple of years back, but i had little to do with the whole thing besides smoking the majority of it.

Its something I have always wanted to do seriously so I'm now taking the opportunity. When I do something, I try to do it right.

nomaad

Veteran
Took some shots before pulling tarp this evening. Thought you might enjoy.

2009_0719-Garden-047.jpg

The Bubba Kush is nugging out nicely.

2009_0719-Garden-054.jpg

Could the Clueberry get frostier? Yes it could.

2009_0719-Garden-058.jpg

Headband A

2009_0719-Garden-087.jpg

The Razzberry is revegging. Its amazing, but it seems as if little mutated leaves have formed to cover the early flowers in addition to regular veg-style leaf growth.

Dödsknark

All looking very healthy and damn delicious! Funky thing that Razzberry too. And the amber ale! Crap. Now I just wanna smoke some and have a beer... Not go to work like I'm about to.

Great work!
I gotta spread it around.

nomaad

Veteran
First and foremost, I have to give props to the new garden Sherpa... He's really working out. A couple of weeks ago, when the temps started getting high, I bought a shitty little air conditioner from the world of wally ($98-5200btu) for the pump house. Since then, all the nutes have been in there in boxes ond on the floor amongst other boxes of tools and rolls of plastic, extra smartpots, etc.

Today, SherpaII
sherp.jpg
built some bomb sturdy shelves and we got organized. That shit makes me happy.

2009_0721-Garden-046.jpg

love it.

I thought I would share a couple of wider shots, since all I ever show are close ups... this will give you an idea of how I have been pruning the leaves that shade out the lower nugs. Not sure if I have been going overboard, but I kinda feel like the nugs I have exposed to better light are chunking up more.

2009_0721-Garden-015.jpg

Blue Mystery (more and more people are of the independent opinion that I am dealing with DJ Short genetix...maybe Flo) Having never grown the herb before, I am not sure what to expect from these plants. Are the nugs going to get bigger? Fuller? We're at day 41 of 12/12 in the hoops.

2009_0721-Garden-033.jpg

ClueBerry.. I don't care what this stuff really is. Its the biggest, baddest plant in the full summer garden and its outperformning everything in the light dep. This strain will be part of my projects for a very long time.

Now for some standard closeups.

2009_0721-Garden-023.jpg

Bubba Kush

2009_0721-Garden-042.jpg

candamo

respect bro. Beautiful plants you got there!
Your house must have an awesome smell heh
keep up the good work.

Endur

Veteran
what up Nomaad,
Good to see everything going ohh so good man. I love the flik of all your nutes. So how do you think tha massive is working out? I'm not sure what i'm going to use for flowering. My first feeding was with Fox Farm Grow Big.....It sucked to carry 10 32oz bottles 2 miles in the brush...haha, then i purchased Advanced Nutes Heavy Harvest Summer Blend added that twice...and now its getting close to change over to flowering, so i'm thinking ill just go with the Massive like you recommended....
Keep It Green .....

diamondmine

That's a nice jungle there! I was wondering about your light dep, you are tarping at 8pm and taking it off at 8am is that right? Are you going to adjust the schedule once the sun starts setting earlier? Have you tried covering the plants earlier say around 6pm, and taking the tarp off anytime during the night?

nomaad

Veteran
Endur:

I have no experience on which to compare how its working out with the Massive. But its working out nicely... with nothing to compare it to. It comes highly recommended and contains triacontinol (derived from bee byproducts) and gibberalic acid... My research suggests that this combo will blow your plants the fuck up so... I'd want to give them these things and I'd have to add them to any other bloom-stim I might consider using. So why go to the extra fuss? (triacontinol is also found in alfalfa extract- found in the roots trinity catalyst I am now using instead of Liquid Karma)

The information I have gleened from some very skilled growers is that Massive not only contains all this good stuff, but it also contains all the other trace elements that make uptake of all this shit possible and efficient.

So there you go. I am passing on information, not passing out wisdom.

nomaad

Veteran
That's a nice jungle there! I was wondering about your light dep, you are tarping at 8pm and taking it off at 8am is that right? Are you going to adjust the schedule once the sun starts setting earlier? Have you tried covering the plants earlier say around 6pm, and taking the tarp off anytime during the night?

you have the schedule correct.

At 8am, the sun has just begun to shine directly on my garden. By 9:30am the entire garden is in full sun. Sometime after 7pm, the sun is no longer direct on that part of the garden, but filtered thru trees.

I'm not messing with the 8am/8pm schedule. Changes in schedule could cause the kind of stress that causes herms. I can't have that kind of fuckup in my garden. I consulted the almanac for my location and chose 8am/8pm as the best times to pull for the duretion, taking into account how I predicted the sun to move thru my garden and how the trees and topography would affect me.

I treat the black box like an indoor vis-a-vis total darkness. I feel like, once you begin fucking with light cycles you need to keep the dark part totally dark or you risk herms and slow flowering. So no untarping over night. This is more of a gut feeling than a scientific certainty. Its definitely true of indoor grows where light leaks often lead to herms.

My black box will be done before my full season plants begins to flower in mid-august so extreme changes in daylight hours won't affect me so much. Sunset on Aug 19 is 8pm. I should be fine.

For future adventures in light-spoofage I'm planning on building a permanent cold frame greenhouse with a supplemental lighting system as well as a black-out system so that I will always be able to fudge a little in whatever direction is needed while using as much natural sunlight as is available.

Oregonic

For future adventures in light-spoofage I'm planning on building a permanent cold frame greenhouse with a supplemental lighting system as well as a black-out system so that I will always be able to fudge a little in whatever direction is needed while using as much natural sunlight as is available.

thats what i'm talkin bout :) big ups nomaad you're a natural

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
nomaad
howzit brother..?? Man yer name backwards says daamON cos yer garden is daam on~! Beautiful i am in awe thanx for sharing yer gurls with us.. And, i think i speak for everyone who enters this thread... Ill bbl peace..wow

sack

nomaad

Veteran
Oregonic, Sackoweed:

Thanks for the kind words and the support. Its my hope and intention to really create a thread with the information a first-timer would need to make a go of a project like this... assuming that I am successful in the end.