What's new

Nomaad's Outdoor Adventure 2009 v1.2

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Well that will probably work better.

And you may be over it completly, but the fence is about .50 a foot. And super easy.

But maybe the next prototype will revolutionize supports and you can start marketing them.

Good luck, whatever you do.

nomaad

Veteran
I just want the texas tomato cage people to make a 707 model: 4.5 feet wide and 8 feet tall. I'll market that for them. In the end, I'm going to just wind up using the fencing. This whole exercise will have been one large wank. ah well.

G

guest1ab

Did you prune the top leaves? I don't think that's such a good idea.

You're grow looks so professional, it's hard to imagine that it's your first! LMAO! Anyway....Yeah, your plants need them; it's what gives them the fuel to grow big. I wouldn't touch them, at all.

nomaad

Veteran
I pruned some of the larger fans on the flowering plants in the black box, but really only the ones that were seriously shading out lower buds. Light penetration is also a major factor in bud production as I understand it.

I did not prune any of my full season plants.

Did I fuck up? That would suck.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Ehh, I know guys who do the same...taking fans VERY selectively. Something I've never been into but I'm sure you didn't F it up. Alot of those Kush plants, bubba and whatnot have some bigass fans!

try comb

I pruned some of the larger fans on the flowering plants in the black box, but really only the ones that were seriously shading out lower buds. Light penetration is also a major factor in bud production as I understand it.

I did not prune any of my full season plants.

Did I fuck up? That would suck.

ive done it for years on and off.........i dont see hardly any difference.........it does feel better to see those lower budsites gettin lite shined upon them though........thats for sure

nomaad

Veteran
I hear you. I am torn on the efficacy of the whole thing. One part of me feel like "why should I remove all these solar panels? doesn't seem right" and the other agrees with you, nice to see light shinin on them lower budsites.

So.. what about trimming all the lower branches later in flower to pump juice to the main colas? Thursday begins week 5 of flower.

try comb

I hear you. I am torn on the efficacy of the whole thing. One part of me feel like "why should I remove all these solar panels? doesn't seem right" and the other agrees with you, nice to see light shinin on them lower budsites.

So.. what about trimming all the lower branches later in flower to pump juice to the main colas? Thursday begins week 5 of flower.

its a hard thing for me to do and i always end up saying to myself "u shouldn't have been so cautious and should have shaved them up more........when it comes to trim time..........bigger buds are better, so i will try to make myself cut more than i think i should.......i usually do this earlier than 5 weeks into flower though........and i use alot of the "shavings" and make new moms/clones........

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
I usually try to get all the sucker shoots out by like week 3/4

Start hacking asap. I'm learning to be very liberal with this. Your yield won't suffer and you'll end up with ALL nug.

I trim the occasional fan leaves but only when they need to be. You can always LST them or just loosen the stem by kinda bending it in the direction you wont it to go. Usually shade promotes the stem to stretch to get to that better light if you can just tuck those fans underneath them when they get large. also more fan leaves could mean more resin by the end of your grow.

Also i'm about to start a outside grow for the first time. I like many others have just thrown some seeds in the ground and check on them occassionally but this time I've got the proper organic fertilizers and a good strain(ww) that i'm currently growing/cloning under a 150hps. I'll be placing 3 clones outside i was wondering how much (minimum) direct/indirect light that they'll need. Also anything that yall think that i'll need to know. Thanks

nomaad

Veteran
So, before pulling tarp yesterday evening we decided not to water as we usually do. Part of it was because it was a bit of a rush, but I also thought that maybe it would have the effect of lowering the overnight humidity under the tarp... or that was my stoner justification for not doing it.

Anyhow, enbd result is that it had a HUGE effect on the amount of condesation on the inside of the tarp this morning. Hard to tell without instrumentation, but I would say that there was between 1/2 and 1/4 of the usual condensation.

I'd like to buy a remote temp/RH gauge so I can monitor and compare. Any suggestions? The acu-rite's from wally world are unreliable crap. Oregon Scientific any better?

nomaad

Veteran
TennToke: Thanks for stopping by... I am going to try the tucking under method on some plants. Seems to make sense.

Passionman: Thanks.

Comb: I took a bunch of pix last night beofre pulling tarp. I'll see if I can find a couple of good ones.

try comb

So, before pulling tarp yesterday evening we decided not to water as we usually do. Part of it was because it was a bit of a rush, but I also thought that maybe it would have the effect of lowering the overnight humidity under the tarp... or that was my stoner justification for not doing it.

Anyhow, enbd result is that it had a HUGE effect on the amount of condesation on the inside of the tarp this morning. Hard to tell without instrumentation, but I would say that there was between 1/2 and 1/4 of the usual condensation.

I'd like to buy a remote temp/RH gauge so I can monitor and compare. Any suggestions? The acu-rite's from wally world are unreliable crap. Oregon Scientific any better?

indoor i always water at the beginning of the light cycle at the end of flowering....keeps the RH much lower once it gets dark......

i think oregon instruments (?) has some quality gauges and such.....dont quote me on that though....

nomaad

Veteran
So...you wanna da pics, you gotta da pics.

2009_0715-Garden-011.jpg

ClueBerry

2009_0715-Garden-012.jpg

GDP

2009_0715-Garden-013.jpg

GDP

2009_0715-Garden-032.jpg

ClueBerry 2

2009_0715-Garden-038.jpg

The structure of this NL is totally fucked up, but the flowers are so damn pretty.

2009_0715-Garden-049.jpg

Sour D/Headband- I cannot tell the difference wetween these two plants. At 4 weeks into flowering, any differences in smell, growth, etc should be different, right?

2009_0715-Garden-054.jpg

Sour D/HB

2009_0715-Garden-057.jpg

NL

2009_0715-Garden-015.jpg

rows and rows of pure joy. i gotta say I love hanging out in this garden. I like this angle for gauging the growth of the garden. I am hoping that there will not be too much room to walk amidst the plants a month from now. Wishful thinking?

2009_0715-Garden-064.jpg

El Jardin de los Vegetales... lookin a bit ghetto with the overturned whiskey tango lawn chair, cardboard box and the pile of wet towels.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
nomaad said:
I am hoping that there will not be too much room to walk amidst the plants a month from now. Wishful thinking?
Your hopes will be fulfilled :smile:

The "rows and rows"-pic is wonderfull :smile:
I would love to sit there in a good chair. With good weed in my pipe and a cold beer in my hand....and you beside me....and you tell me all the small secrets you have with your girls. Preparing me for the walk around the girls :woohoo:

P :smoke: